2 hours ago, Jony said:

IMG_20200310_164705.jpg

This is deeply depressing as I really need mine!

Fancy sending me yours and I'll send mine back to you when it eventually comes? 😁

• Haha 1

On 06/03/2020 at 11:06, DavecUK said:

I understand the tongue out is mocking my comment but it's not always the case that kickstarter type projects don't always have reviews from testers of prototypes as the product develops. There is absolutely no reason why during the last 2 years people couldn't have been exposed to the output of a filter jug and given a review. I believe it was a reasonable comment for me to make.

Certainly many kickstarter project should be encouraged to actually expose the prototype to people if they have one before starting a campaign, so they can comment. I would imagine with peak water they had to go through resin tests, and other filtration tests before they even started the kickstarter campaign to see if there was any improvement and effect on the coffee. Absolutely no reason why an independent view could not have been sought. I think beta products have been in the hands of a few people for a while now?

@Scotfordtried a brew with some of it's output at the LCF last year - water from the toilet (sink in the toilet anyway) with a brew. It was around at LCF though I missed it and it's been popping up in different places over time. 

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

@Scotfordtried a brew with some of it's output at the LCF last year - water from the toilet (sink in the toilet anyway) with a brew. It was around at LCF though I missed it and it's been popping up in different places over time. 
Yeah. I'm not in a place to be posting detailed reviews about it, but it made some great brews a year ago. Be that due to the hands it was in or not, that's up to others to decide.

Not sure why people are so desperate for a water jug if I'm honest. It's way overrun on projected timelines, does essentially the same as many other products on the market that cost a fraction of the price and is quite frankly, another revenue stream that PACED group don't really need.

decaf iced americano please, I'm in a rush by the way. Oh, make sure it's E̵̘̹͍̒͊X̷̣̍͂t̶̙̽̚R̴̡̯̾͜a̸̡͉͝ ̷̨̪̓́H̵̟̳͋̉o̶̖̊̌͐Ț̷͔͑͜͠

24 minutes ago, Scotford said:

Yeah. I'm not in a place to be posting detailed reviews about it, but it made some great brews a year ago. Be that due to the hands it was in or not, that's up to others to decide.

Not sure why people are so desperate for a water jug if I'm honest. It's way overrun on projected timelines, does essentially the same as many other products on the market that cost a fraction of the price and is quite frankly, another revenue stream that PACED group don't really need.

@Scotford - what other products are on the market you'd recommend and compete with Peak?

3 hours ago, Scotford said:

It's not really desperate, I actually probably won't use mine now.

It's just frustrating that they can't decide when they'll ship ("We're going to ship in November. No, January. Definitely January. Actually, first week of February. Totally by the end of February. By the end of March, really, seriously this time) - I'm.... complicated, and having things delivered "at some point" is awkward.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Surely the whole point is it isn't in any way comparable to jugs on the market at the time it launched back in 2018? If it was the same as a Brita or my Aqua Optima I wouldn't have bothered.  

And totally agree with Aidy - "we're running late guys but totally next month, i'll be jetting around the world with prototypes showing them off at shows!!!!" wore thin about 12 months ago. Even now we're no closer to a REAL shipping date, 2 production runs allegedly scheduled and everyone is supposed to have them by the end of the month but based on the previous track record I dont expect anything. At least one real backer on here has one and it isn't just James Hoffman and an adviser to Maxwell. 

Edited by aaronb
  • Like 1

Londinium I, Mahlkönig Vario, Hario Skerton, Chemex 1-3 Cup.

Just got an email notification telling me my jug is on it's way. Will be interesting to see how it performs with the liquid chalk I get out of my taps!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Mine must be quite rare around these parts😎

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Still nothing for me.

Same - still waiting. My Kickstarter number 800-something...

Londinium I, Titus grinder, BWT MG2+ water filter

Mine arrived yesterday! Yet to unpack it but since we're now in lockdown I forsee alot more coffee drinking at home.

• Like 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Mine is on the way 💦💦💦

• Like 2

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

Mine on the way as well! Probably a bit redundant now I have the Osmio...

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Did anyone else order the the peak with a bundle of spare filters? My peak arrived, but no sign of the additional filters

1 hour ago, fluffles said:

Did anyone else order the the peak with a bundle of spare filters? My peak arrived, but no sign of the additional filters

I ordered the same, I've just got mine but not opened it yet as I'm thinking of selling it on... I'll let you know if I do though :)

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

7 hours ago, fluffles said:

Yes. No peak, or filters. Im backer 80 something. 

I'm sure they'll all be delivered by tomorrow, as promised in the last update...

• Haha 1

Whilst I appreciate the latest few updates and that they are still dispatching in these times, they're still ignoring any questions levelled at them except a certain type and have left it really late to give an update. 

The first 200 backers have now been fulfilled.

Of over 1000..... When it was meant to be end of this month.

Clearly not in order either as I'm #98 and have nothing.

Again some more frequent and honest updates would be nice. Clearly coronavirus has the potential to halt everything and that's fine, just fedup of periods of silence. 

Not good. I was 80

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

16 minutes ago, aaronb said:

Of over 1000..... When it was meant to be end of this month.

But totally definitely by the end of *this* month, right?

So I sent an email last night and today got an email back (different chain) asking for my address. Apparently some got lost in the import.

Mine is dispatched. 

Well, mine is on its way. I am backer #236.

And it arrived about 11:00 today via the postie

8iEs1eQ.jpg

I had kind of given up hope but its a great time for it to come due to WFH my bottled water usage has shot up. Initial impressions are that the lid isn't quite flush with the jug and the knob was detached, I can live with the lid issue and using the diagrams in the manual managed to get the knob in what I think is the correct 'home' position. The water test placed me at a position 4 (140 IIRC) - honestly thought id be at  5/max as we have very hard water here.

I've pumped some through the L1 but dont want to overload the pump too much so suspect next few days will be a water transition phase.   

Whilst I've been critical of how the delays were handled I am appreciative of the fact they're doing their best to get these out in these dark times.

Edited by aaronb