On a lighter hearted tone....I did this just for fun....although I am sure a couple of people might get "triggered".

[video=youtube_share;p3AuKAxqXhc]

I can't wait for the Kids to go back to school....

Video unavailable?

ISOMAC Millenium | Eureka Mignon MkII | Gaggia Classic with PID and other mods (retired) | Iberital MC2 auto (retired)

Video unavailable?

How odd it was marked as public, but I remarked it and saved it again, because on my other browser it showed as private...should all work now. Explains why it didn't "trigger" an avalanche of crap... ;)

Thanks

P.S. On a more serious note, although it was a bit of fun, it does actually show how evenly the shot sweats out of the portafilter...usually a good sign.

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I thought I'd better spam another before someone said, we didn't see the whole shot...well I just went and made another coffee, lobbed the phone down and used the front camera again, brave of me relying on it not producing a squirter! Did the whole 42 second shot...I think it held together pretty well. it certainly tastes great!

[video=youtube_share;AxLLq6I4SIg]

Edited by DavecUK

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

I have finished the review of the Beta machine, for anyone interested it's at the link below:

https://wp.me/p7LpqI-6Z

For people who take up the offer of a beta machine at £849 + £20 airfreight contribution, this is almost certainly the configuration you will get and they should be available from when the factory opens. Unless they decide not to ship any without fixing the tiny bugget on steam temp display first. If they do that, then it could delay things quite a while and involve further functional testing.

Remember

I pushed it down as hard as I could and the proposal is the betas should be available for £849 plus I think a £20 contribution for airshipping (the airshipping contribution is yet to be confirmed). This is a cost recovery price, not a trying to profit heavily from Beta testers price! The prices of course include VAT and 2 year parts warranty, fully transferable

There will be only 10 beta machines made available...so that's the proposal, I think in principle ACS are cool with it BUT I still await 100% confirmation! Remember it's a dual boiler for less money than an equivalent class HX, it's also proper quality gicar stuff you will find in prosumer dual boiler machines. Not some cut down cheapie PID like system. It's a proper dual loop PID, it has last shot protection as well

When I have confirmed orders can be accepted, I will probably list the betas in the for sale thread and prioritise based on this thread and expressions of interest. I know the for sale thread is not the best place, but it allows me to ask the moderators to remove disruptive/trolling posts that make it more difficult to understand who want's one and who doesn't.

The plan is for future machines to be available from a UK reseller and be at full retail price....so you won't be seeing any factory specials after this.

Edited by DavecUK

I‘m in!

Expressing my interest too...

Expobar DB Office Leva IV, La Pavoni Professional -- FOR SALE: MBK HEFT, Torr Goldfinger Titan Convex & 58.55 Flat -- Ceado E8, Lido E, Pharos VDD -- 2 and 5 cup Syphons; Vintage Nicro Metal Filter -- Gene Cafe CBR101 with Dimmer Mod and Bean Mass Probe

Any ballpark figure, price wise, for the retail units? Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Any ballpark figure, price wise, for the retail units? Apologies if this has been asked and answered before.

Post 329 is the most recent update on price I think

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

I assume you're not talking about the beta units are you as 2 posts ago on the previous page (33) the price was given and you would have seen it? If you are asking about the Beta units, then you may also not have seen the link to the review which has other important information.

https://wp.me/p7LpqI-6Z

For final retail units the manufacturer has a target MSRP, but it's quite ambitious and I am not sure if it can be met. The reason they have it is because I suggested it as the only way to prevent the final price ballooning and to build backward from a market cost and performance objective. This avoids unnecessary fluff and makes something more people find affordable. It's certainly going to be in the region of 40% more than the special price for these Beta units....it may or may not have some small changes, but it's very unlikely anything big will change.

Of course any final price will be down to any UK/EU retailer that takes on the unit.

For those following this thread, please see https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?45898-ACS-Minima-Beta-Machines-creating-list-of-people-who-want-one&p=618422#post618422 as the list for Beta testers is now officially open.

Dave is there any possibility of a group buy after the beta’s are gone or is it then just full price ?

Thanks

Gaggia Classic, Brasilia RR55OD

Dave is there any possibility of a group buy after the beta’s are gone or is it then just full price ?

Thanks

I have honestly not had that discussion with them....the intention was to sell them through an authorised UK retailer.

There is a problem with group buys that just increase a companies expenses, so I am pretty sure that's not going to happen...group buys don't tend to be 10 or 15 machines to an airport warehouse place on a couple of big heavy pallets, in fact retailers normally arrange their own transport from an Italian port or airport.. People want their machines delivered individually (remember the £20 contribution is only towards the cost of airfreighting, it costs more). When the company sells to retailers, the retailers take on the warranty commitments...for the factory it's sell and forget. If they sell direct they would have to offer a 2 year parts only warranty....which has to be costed in. One lot of money is taken..

I also don't know what the full retail price will end up being for sure...I suspect (pretty certain actually) it will be higher than their target. So these betas at £849 (which is incredibly cheap) are likely to end up being £400+ more at retail.