MildredM

Been Having A Move Round!

This is how things look now.

Because we often make our coffee together it has worked out quite well using the end of the dresser for whichever grinder is in use, meaning we are not standing on one another's toes!

39047589520_c8a7b6121e_z.jpg

40148481584_73ee10fff9_z.jpg

25985416187_2f8fdc36e7_z.jpg

39047589440_fae2002502_z.jpg

39047589370_760f0baee0_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

And the new addition to the Family had nothing to do with it at all :cool:.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

Must be so lovely to make coffee together in a well thought out space. Hubby generally just tries his best to keep out of my way (usually ending up even more in my way!!)

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Wow I turn away for a couple of weeks and Mildred has got more exotica in the kitchen!

Looks amazing.

Do you have different uses for each grinder Mildred? Oh my days it’s like going to pebble beach concours d’elegance!

Sage Bambino - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Wow I turn away for a couple of weeks and Mildred has got more exotica in the kitchen!

Looks amazing.

Do you have different uses for each grinder Mildred? Oh my days it’s like going to pebble beach concours d’elegance!

At the moment the conical is an ornament! I think the novelty of the flat will wear off before too long though. In fact we’ve just been saying we will swap them over tomorrow morning and give the conical a run. The HG-1 is decaf at present.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

How is the Flat V Conical doing have you tested.

Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Does this mean the big step is obsolete?

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

Does this mean the big step is obsolete?

As if!! Why, I gave it a gentle stroke as I went to grind the beans just a moment ago :) :)

As if!! Why, I gave it a gentle stroke as I went to grind the beans just a moment ago :) :)

Haha feeling guilty ah I think I spotted it up on the shelf

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

How is the Flat V Conical doing have you tested.

Jony

We haven't tested as such, not one then the other adequately to say really. We have had some amazing tasting coffee recently, shot after shot, and some have been particularily light roasts which I think suit the flat. But I can't recall thinking the conical wasn't delivering time after time either.

I think it would take a better man than me to take the two grinders, compare them and then offer their opinion based on taste in the cup.

We haven't tested as such, not one then the other adequately to say really. We have had some amazing tasting coffee recently, shot after shot, and some have been particularily light roasts which I think suit the flat. But I can't recall thinking the conical wasn't delivering time after time either.

I think it would take a better man than me to take the two grinders, compare them and then offer their opinion based on taste in the cup.

Can either grinder go coarse enough for filter?

I expect so but you know me, no filter equipment ;)

Would you be willing to have a play with the flat as coarse as it will go? You must have a cafetiere or something that you can use? The delicious lsol coffee should arrive on Friday for your experiments

I'm going to try putting an Aeropress filter in my portafilter, coursen the grind and use pre-infusion pressure to see if I can get a decent brew.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

The flat definitely can

AKA Toffee chips

And the Conical can.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Easily. For a couple of months whilst machine-less I used the flat for kalita/v60 and aeropress with no hassle swapping between methods.

It’s a mightily impressive grinder.

Would you be willing to have a play with the flat as coarse as it will go? You must have a cafetiere or something that you can use? The delicious lsol coffee should arrive on Friday for your experiments

After 25 odd years of drinking cafetière coffee I think I probably have the odd dozen hiding somewhere. Haven’t dragged one out since I got my first Rocket though :)

That's a serious setup

Congratulations!

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

I tried to get a pic of the start of a shot but lack of light in a dark kitchen caused more than a little frustration (verging on a full scale tantrum)!

27013101528_3e5ec8e57f_c.jpg

Different lens . . .

27013102148_ae284ebb37_c.jpg

40841607942_1017d485ed_c.jpg

40841607952_63e0377d9f_c.jpg

I think the ISO was 2500 by then.

Cooo-ol :cool: You'll be giving Reiss ideas for marketing shots!

Vesuvius | Niche grinder | Mazzer Super Jolly | This week I shall mostly be drinking ... Foundry - Rio Magdalena, Colombia

P1: 2 [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] ('lever profile')

I tried to get a pic of the start of a shot but lack of light in a dark kitchen caused more than a little frustration (verging on a full scale tantrum)!

27013101528_3e5ec8e57f_c.jpg

This is really amazing. This complete neutral reflected background is unbelievable. Well done!

Vesuvius stainless steel pipework / VST18 / Mahlkoenig Peak / Torr flat brass

Why, I gave it a gentle stroke as I went to grind the beans just a moment ago :) :)

Cheeky

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Hi Mildred

first off, what a set up I am very impressed, now the big question, how do you like your OCD distribution tool, I have a cheap knock off and I love it, my budget could not stretch to the big bucks this commands.

cheers

Big Pete

ECM Syncronika matched to a Eureka Atom grinder ,IMS competition shower screen and VST 18 gram basket,Gloria Jeans Black Gold beans