I am going to list my flour mill and flaker on eBay in the next week or two but wondered if any keen baker on the forum would be interested. It comes complete with the sifter.

We bought it from Bakery Bits a few years ago. It was used 2 or 3 times a week to mill flour and roll oats for bread making and porridge for around two years, I would think. It still looks new!

You can read about it here.

I will be looking for an offer very near £500

If anyone is seriously interested I can take some photos (I will need to do so for eBay anyway).

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

I found a photo of it in use. I seem to recall we bought (buckets) of organic grain in bulk. The bread and the porridge tasted very different to that made from 'bought' flour. Fresh milled flour is probably similar, in some ways, to freshly ground coffee.

40762587932_a90567c0a2_z.jpg

40804764511_6c7edc0fe4_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

@MildredM

Hi, before seeing the pics I had no need or desire for a mill, however, that appears to have changed, I'm now discussing with my wife how much more complete life would be if we ground our own flour, so far she isn't entirely convinced.

I see from the link that there are two duett models, 360W & 600W, which model is yours please ?

The retailer says the mill has a 12 year warranty, is your machine within that period can you recall?

Many thanks

Gerry

Bezzera Strega & Niche Zero

Grinding your own flour adds immensely to the overall bread making and baking experience :)

It is much older. I need to date check the photo but I seem to recall we bought it in 2011. With it being a popular flour mill and still in production you can easily get parts, if required. I doubt anything much goes wrong though.

It is the 500w model.

@MildredM

Hello again, I've done a little reading about a variety of grain mills now and I'd certainly like to try one to see if they are as good as they appear to be.

Your mill looks good and I would be happy to buy it if we can agree a deal, however, my sense is that there may be too much of gap between what you'll accept and what I am able to offer.

This is a leap in to the dark for me and because the machine is a few years old now I'd like to feel comfortable that I'd not paid over the odds in case a fault developed (however unlikely) or I find we don't use it much and want to sell it on at a minimal loss.

It seems there are now mills which will do the job equally as well for significantly less money new (Mockmill 100 made by the MO of KOMO is an example) but they don't cut it in the looks department, my wife likes the look of the KOMO and values style over substance hence marrying me!

What's the lowest price that will stop you taking this to ebay please? If I can match it I will and we can make arrangements to move things forward, if not I will thank you for your time, wish you the best of luck with the sale on ebay and either buy a Mockmill from amazon.de or forget the whole thing and continue buying my bags of flour from a shop (which I suspect would be my therapists suggestion if they could offer one!).

Thanks GerryM

I am hoping to get something much closer to £500 on eBay. I could try it on there and if it doesn’t sell then see if we can find a mutually agreeable figure.

If if you need to get cracking and can’t wait then the mill you mentioned looks pretty good. A very different style to the wood KoMo though.

MildredM That sounds good to me, I'm in no rush.

Good luck with the sale on EBay, if it doesn't reach the price you're hoping for please get in touch and if I've not bought one in the meantime I will do my best for us to agree a deal.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)