Stricky

Any interest in Sage/Breville barista express 54mm bottomless portafilter?

Hi all I’m new to the forum so I hope I have posted this to the correct section.

I own a sage barista express, and have been looking at getting a 54mm portafilter machined out to a bottomless one as I cannot seem to find a uk supplier for a bottomless type. I have order a new portafilter direct from sage and have dropped it off to a local machinist who I used to work with and he is machining this one out for free as a tester, is there any more interest in these? I will upload pictures once I get it back. If there is any interest please let me know so I can try and get a cheaper price for the portafilter from sage for buying multiples and get a price for machining them and costs for postage.

thanks Jed

Hi all I’m new to the forum so I hope I have posted this to the correct section.

I own a sage barista express, and have been looking at getting a 54mm portafilter machined out to a bottomless one as I cannot seem to find a uk supplier for a bottomless type. I have order a new portafilter direct from sage and have dropped it off to a local machinist who I used to work with and he is machining this one out for free as a tester, is there any more interest in these? I will upload pictures once I get it back. If there is any interest please let me know so I can try and get a cheaper price for the portafilter from sage for buying multiples and get a price for machining them and costs for postage.

thanks Jed

I've done this for about 20 members, bought 10 at a time from sage and they offer no discount unfortunately. The price is what it is, which is a shame.

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Hi Joey, have you had any more interest recently? What did you pay for machining costs? Or did you modify them yourself? If you have anymore interest and you aren’t wanting to do anymore then I’m more than happy to help

cheers

Hi Joey, have you had any more interest recently? What did you pay for machining costs? Or did you modify them yourself? If you have anymore interest and you aren’t wanting to do anymore then I’m more than happy to help

cheers

I do all the machining myself at home. There was the initial craze for them at the start, but now it's just every now and the I'll get asked to do one

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

cheers

318492f3678fec7ae76f35aa4374da71.jpg

This was a bottomless portafilter joey did for me, well worth it

318492f3678fec7ae76f35aa4374da71.jpg

This was a bottomless portafilter joey did for me, well worth it

So shiny!!

@SkateReclaimCreate

I do all the machining myself at home. There was the initial craze for them at the start, but now it's just every now and the I'll get asked to do one

If you are still doing these, let me know the details. I'm interested.

If you are still doing these, let me know the details. I'm interested.

I'll pm you soon

@SkateReclaimCreate

I would also be interested in this.

Do these fit the Duo Temp Pro?

I am also after a new tamp to replace the one that comes with the Duo.

I would also be interested in this.

Do these fit the Duo Temp Pro?

I am also after a new tamp to replace the one that comes with the Duo.

Is this meant for me or the OP?

@SkateReclaimCreate

Whoever can provide one

I've got history lol. OP hasn't logged on since this post I don't think.

@SkateReclaimCreate

I've got history lol. OP hasn't logged on since this post I don't think.
Haha. I guess I am talking to you then. Can you possibly help?

Haha. I guess I am talking to you then. Can you possibly help?

I'll PM you

@SkateReclaimCreate

It’s a shame Sage don’t do bottomless PFs, it was the main reason I didn’t go for a Sage machine in the end.

Hi new to the forum. Is this offer still open. I need a portafilter for my Sage DTP and came across this. Would much rather prefer a bottomless one.This is meant to be a response to Jed's original post.

Edited by M_H_S

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Hi new to the forum. Is this offer still open. I need a portafilter for my Sage DTP and came across this. Would much rather prefer a bottomless one.This is meant to be a response to Jed's original post.

I think my inbox is full so can’t reply. Yeah I just bought a standard from sage and converted it.

@SkateReclaimCreate

I think my inbox is full so can’t reply. Yeah I just bought a standard from sage and converted it.

Do you do it for others at a cost or just for yourself?

Sage Duo Temp - La Cimbali 6/S A 64mm flat burr + numerous projects: Sunbeam, Ascaso, Gaggia

Do you do it for others at a cost or just for yourself?

Yeah I did a load before and just charged a little bit of labour. There’s actually one come up in the for sale section I did a while back. Get 5 posts under your belt and have a look. I tagged you in the comments.

@SkateReclaimCreate

There's one in the for sale section at the moment. You need 5 posts to access it so only 3 to go. ;)

Laissez les bons temps rouler

I also noticed in some of the pics of others peoples set ups with DTP custom 54mm tampers and distribution tools. Would appreciate if there is a website that sells them. OR are they custom made too?

I also noticed in some of the pics of others peoples set ups with DTP custom 54mm tampers and distribution tools. Would appreciate if there is a website that sells them. OR are they custom made too?

If so, then where from?

If so, then where from?

I made them too. At the moment I’ve got too much other work going on so won’t be able to help for a few months.

They were just a 58mm distribution tool turned down to suit, so if you know any machinists then it would be a simple task for them

Hope this helps and sorry I can’t

@SkateReclaimCreate

If you are still doing this i would be very interested in getting one from you.

I own the sage barista Touch.

best Regards

If you are still doing this i would be very interested in getting one from you.

I own the sage barista Touch.

best Regards

Check the for sale section

@SkateReclaimCreate