Niall

Londinium r

OK, so I managed to get my hands on a Londinium R! Received it today and managed to get it set up. Few small niggles, keep getting a low water alarm even though the tank is full.

The pressure on the machine is getting up to 1 bar. The manual says it is set in the factory to 1.3 bar. Should I change this or leave as is? Not sure if it makes a big difference?

Thanks for any advice.

Have you fully pushed down the water tank? It sometimes sits up when new, pressure is set at 1 bar in the factory and should be set to one bar.

AKA Toffee chips

Also please know that you can get hold of Reiss for any issues that you have he is usually available on FaceTime or what’s app or will respond via email.

AKA Toffee chips

Congratulations - let us know how you get on. Pictures of shiny metal and cremas will be much appreciated.

Vesuvius | Niche grinder | Mazzer Super Jolly | This week I shall mostly be drinking ... Foundry - Rio Magdalena, Colombia

P1: 2 [email protected]; [email protected]s; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected] ('lever profile')

Congratulations - let us know how you get on. Pictures of shiny metal and cremas will be much appreciated.

Will do. Been busy trying to figure it all out.

Posted (edited)

@coffeechap @pedg @Niall

When you say “1 bar is correct”, do you mean it cycles off at 1 bar? 

Until now, I had assumed the londinium was supposed to cycle from 1 bar (on) to 1.3 bar (off)... as this is how mine behaves. Should I reduce it so that it never climbs above the 1 bar mark?

Edited by Deidre

"

Wait for the boiler pressure to come up to working pressure, which is factory set to 1.0 bar. This will take between 3 and 4 minutes on a 240V machine

Once up to pressure, the red light will go off. The boiler pressure will slowly fall back to about 0.8 bar, at which point the immersion element will turn back on and raise the boiler pressure back up to 1.0 bar before turning off again"

Source: User Manual - Version 1.4

• Like 1

Londinium R, Mythos 1, Comandante

14 minutes ago, pj.walczak said:

"

Wait for the boiler pressure to come up to working pressure, which is factory set to 1.0 bar. This will take between 3 and 4 minutes on a 240V machine

Once up to pressure, the red light will go off. The boiler pressure will slowly fall back to about 0.8 bar, at which point the immersion element will turn back on and raise the boiler pressure back up to 1.0 bar before turning off again"

Source: User Manual - Version 1.4

if the boiler is factory set @Deidre is more than likely been nudged as it second hand

• Like 2

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

15 hours ago, Deidre said:

@coffeechap @pedg @Niall

Until now, I had assumed the londinium was supposed to cycle from 1 bar (on) to 1.3 bar (off)... as this is how mine behaves. Should I reduce it so that it never climbs above the 1 bar mark?

@Deidre 1 bar is for the LR, what you have is correct.

• Like 1

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

22 minutes ago, iroko said:

Oh, so the old version of the Londinium is 1.3 factory set, but the newer LR is 1.0 factory set... have I got that right? Or, should my old (& previously owned) Londinium be set to a maximum of 1.0 also? (I’m a bit confused by the replies.)

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, iroko said:

What  he said, yours is cycling as it should

Edited by coffeechap
  • Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

Amended my Post deidre yours is fine 

• Like 1

AKA Toffee chips

Your old L1 is set correct. The newer LR works in a different way.

• Like 1

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

19 hours ago, Deidre said:

@coffeechap @pedg @Niall

I run my old-style L1 at 1.1 bar max, much higher than that leads to hotter brew water than works for me. Anywhere between 1.0 and 1.3 seems reasonable, but the final determination may be influenced by ambient temperatures. If you're kitchen is much colder in winter than summer, you'll want to run the boiler higher in the winter than the summer. 

• Like 2

Londinium 1, Monolith Flat, Pharos, Lido 3, Chemex, Gene Café, Atago Barista

3 hours ago, mathof said:

I run my old-style L1 at 1.1 bar max, much higher than that leads to hotter brew water than works for me. Anywhere between 1.0 and 1.3 seems reasonable, but the final determination may be influenced by ambient temperatures. If you're kitchen is much colder in winter than summer, you'll want to run the boiler higher in the winter than the summer. 

This is something I will keep in mind. My room temperature ranges on average 18 to 20

On 10/10/2019 at 02:11, Deidre said:

This is something I will keep in mind. My room temperature ranges on average 18 to 20

That's a little lower than mine. Due to the many variables involved – coffee type, roast level, personal preferences – the best thing is to experiment. You'll soon fine what suits your situation.

• Like 1

Londinium 1, Monolith Flat, Pharos, Lido 3, Chemex, Gene Café, Atago Barista