ScottAllyn

Our setup at the Office

Here's our setup at the office, currently hidden in a back kitchen area that most employees don't even know exists. The VP of the company wandered in one day after wondering why there were voices coming from what he thought was a closet, took one brief look around, shook his head, said "You guys are nuts..." and walked out. :D

IMG_0122.JPG?raw=1

There have been a few additions since that photo was taken:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32416[/ATTACH]

Looks like great stuff - looks a bit like my work (because I mainly work from home :-)).

What's the smaller grinder above the kino here?

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

What's the smaller grinder above the kino here?

That's the Comandante C40 Ironheart with carbon steel burrs. It's not quite as smooth, as quick, or as quiet as the Kinu but it actually produces a slightly more consistent grind. The stepped grind adjustment is a lot more coarse, tho which makes it more difficult to dial in for espresso. Five steps from ZERO gives a great turkish grind, tho! I like to compare the M47 to a modern exotic supercar and the C40 to a classic American Muscle car (the Lido 2 is a fussy Peterbilt modified for the drag strip). :D

turkish-grind.jpg

I like to compare the M47 to a modern exotic supercar and the C40 to a classic American Muscle car (the Lido 2 is a fussy Peterbilt modified for the drag strip). :D

Thanks! What a brilliant description :-)!

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Very nice, That a lot of different grinders which one do you like the most?

The Baratza Vario is my favorite electric (I've owned an Encore and also still have that Smart Grinder in the photo). The Kinu M47 is my favorite hand grinder. Both the Vario and the Kinu are currently back home rather than at the office. I use the Vario mostly for espresso as well as any time I need to grind a large batch (like when I have guests and do a pot). The Kinu is used for pour-overs, my little moka pot, and turkish coffee. I can't even get the Vario to do a turkish grind; the finest that I'm comfortable going with it is still not fine enough and I really don't like the way the motor sounds when I go finer.

Thanks! What a brilliant description :-)!

The pictured Hario Skerton Pro in that analogy is a Yugo, btw. It'll get you where you need to go (usually) but the ride is awful and you're never sure if the hatchback is going to fall off. :D

You guys are nuts and I'd love to work with you

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Lose the pod machine:)

Haha. That's never going to happen. A few of the staff just love that machine despite having other options available. I will hesitantly admit (as a Silvia owner) that it can make a palatable milk-based coffee drink and it certainly is convenient.

The pictured Hario Skerton Pro in that analogy is a Yugo, btw. It'll get you where you need to go (usually) but the ride is awful and you're never sure if the hatchback is going to fall off. :D

Nothing wrong with a Yugo, car of its time! :p

Trabant was made from plastic i'nnt closer analogy

Filter coffee fan = Aeropress pre-workout / v60 for leisure :coffee::good:

The aroma drifting through that place must be immense and no doubt nobody is left alone and able to have a sneaky brew.

Maybe take over the rest of the office for brewing and move the desks in there....... you need to address the balance.;).

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.