MildredM

Dishwasher!

Do you own a dishwasher?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Do you own a dishwasher?

• Yes!
    • No!

Hubby once moaned I didn't load it properly...

After approximately 6 months he asked why I never put anything in the dishwasher...

Be careful what you claim about your partners ability at performing tasks...

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Whilst on the subject of dishwashers, what about loading? Think there is 'men from Mars, women from Venus' here.

'S'funny you should say that. 'He can’t even load the dishwasher properly, it drives me mad!’ something I hear on a pretty regular basis from a good friend. I wonder if dishwasher loading has been used as grounds for divorce . . .

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

wonder if dishwasher loading has been used as grounds for divorce . . .

All coming out in the wash??

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Well my wife isn't too bad at loading the dishwasher....so I don't think it's fair to imply women are not good at loading them. ;)

Moi, making assumptions??

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

We have a dishwasher and with two teenage boys it’s very heavily used (they do kick up a fuss but with enough effort you can force them both inside it at once).

It was on the essential list when we built the house, it’s a Neff and it’s still working well 20 years later. Gets used every other day on average. Makes some graunchy noises nowadays though so we’re wondering if it’s time to think about replacing it as everything else is breaking down fridge freezer washing machine etc good job we have coffee to get us through all this trauma

Head down, boogying, in a mindless, no-nonsense sort of way...

Sage Dual Boiler, Sage Smart Grinder Pro, techno-wok roaster

Ours has been out of action for two weeks now waiting on a new element to be fitted. I totally disagree that hands that do dishes are as soft as can be!

I was always set against one, parents never had but mum was a house wife mostly and so did washing up often, as soon as i moved out with GF then, we were cooking more etc and got a slimline one. Now have same one in bigger house must be 8 years old now had some funny issues but still goes.

Another benefit is cleaner stuff as can use really hot water (60c+) you can't do in sink, we are careful as to what can't be put in washer etc to, and if you add salt etc and all the stuff.

I think next time though will go for an A++ rated one and has more shorter programs.

Thanks

Lee. (R58 and Zenith 65e)

Even worse than no dishwasher is a crappy dishwasher (a Caple Di624 specifically)

We had one that came with the house, new when we moved in. It did a semi-decent job for a while, but there were always some dishes that didn't come clean, necessitating a manual wash or a second run through. Things deteriorated and it got to a point that dishes would come out dirtier than they went in half the time, and no amount of cleaning cycles, de-scaling or anything else would sort it.

Eventually bit the bullet on a new dishwasher last year. It's a Rolls-Royce in comparison - A+++ rated, auto-sensing programs, pot-blaster-jets, blow dry, near-silent. It's on every night and I wouldn't be without it.

Londinium R | Ceado E37S | Torr Goldfinger

This thread reminds me to replace the spring in our door. open the door and let go of it nearly takes your knee caps off. 7 of us here, so it gets jam packed daily. Only had 2 dishwashers in 22 years, both Bosch

We have one but I know a lot of people that have 2 (full size). It is quite a necessary thing in a modern kitchen apparently.

Hate the thing! Would rather wash up. Do so when other half is away. Only here under protest...

Well, that will teach me! The bl**dy thing expired a couple of days ago. It obviously took offence at my previous post. Now I have to source another one. Grrrr!

I won't be going anywhere near Miele again. This one packed up a couple of months outside its five year warranty, a stupid little piece of plastic pipe with a couple of rubber seals cost over £180 to replace. It lasted another five years.

Not willing to spend the same again or more on a repair so it's time for a new one. Current Mieles (Apart from their seriously expensive models only get two years warranty now and their spares prices are outrageous, e.g. £7.50 for an O-ring, £85 for a filter. Bosch this time I think. Half the price so if it lasts five years I can throw it away and buy another one. (Much as I deprecate the throw away nature of current white goods, if you can't beat them...)

Rocket Giotto Evoluzione v2, Eureka Zenith 65E, Niche grinder, Pharos grinder with VoodooDaddy mods, Eureka MDL, Torr Goldfinger, Smart Tamp. Various coffee stuff.

Three kids - dishwasher essential. Also have two washing machines and two driers.

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

...Bosch this time I think. Half the price so if it lasts five years I can throw it away and buy another one...

Our Bosch is going well after 12yrs. The heating element blew once and access to replace it was ridiculously difficult but apart from that I’d commend it.

With 2 children and a stupidly small sink (inherited) I wouldn’t be without a dishwasher for more than a day.

"Coffee: The Good, The Bad, and The Ayurvedic Perspective"

Behave yourself.

Our Bosch is going well after 12yrs. The heating element blew once and access to replace it was ridiculously difficult but apart from that I’d commend it.

With 2 children and a stupidly small sink (inherited) I wouldn’t be without a dishwasher for more than a day.

You really need a butler sink to hand wash children.

Have a Bosch here too after getting sick of rewashing stuff I was pulling out of cupboards (don't ask!).

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Stumbled upon this poll when researching what's going to be my next thread... so here we go:

We own one, never in doubt whether we should put one in when building our home. Three kids kind of urge you to...

Every flat I occupied before featured one, and it felt essential after growing up without & having to do dishes day in and day out.

'S'funny you should say that. 'He can’t even load the dishwasher properly, it drives me mad!’ something I hear on a pretty regular basis from a good friend. I wonder if dishwasher loading has been used as grounds for divorce . . .

It's just her opinion then. Bet other half would tell his friends the exact opposite :D

Believe loading dishwashers to be a religious discussion. I've heard people with good arguments for their presumably stupid loading technique. Then listened, understood and learned from them. Or the other way round: argued, taught and let them adopt.

Happened to us just last year when we finally received one with a cutlery drawer! No more throwing stuff in there but assorting wisely for quick removal (my idea btw :D ).

Edited by Hasi

a dishwasher is one is of lifes "Essentials",...even the wife who was adamant she didn't need or want one has defined it as such when we were a few weeks in to our new house with built in appliances. having one and not using it is bordering on flat out bat shit crazy!!

No, my kitchen is too tiny :p

You need one of these then..... (apologies for my unnecessary suggestion if you already have Achondroplasia, are a Pituitary dwarf, or are in any way vertically challenged). I now feel so politically incorrect!

rich-willis-washes-the-dishes-at-his-home-on-december-12-2011-in-picture-id174519710?s=612x612

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

One more @DavecUK highlight :D