Missy

Servicing the cherub

Sorry missed that photo, that is an olive, as Joey said try wrapping 3-4 turns of PTFE around the pipe and olive, just keep it fraction back from the end of the pipe.

That seems odd. The olive needs something to seal up against did you take any photos on the strip down you can refer to?
No but I have the diagrams, and there's no suggestion of anything missing, and thts definitely where that pipe goes, and there's no other pipe it could be as it is a smaller diameter pipe.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Is that bright ring inside a shoulder or a trick of the light? does the piped olive push right into the boiler space or does it stop at that bright ring ?

Nipping up didn't work. Further pictures in an attempt to show loose rattly "insert" and diameter of the hole. 2f90f3af02d17253931b3d36ce6fa5f8.jpge1707488cdac20d9a55bbd060793135b.jpg
Try it without the ptfe tape. On that type of fitting it's the olive (the egg shaped bit at the end) that makes the seal not the threads. The ptfe tape may be stopping you from tightening the nut up enough.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Is that bright ring inside a shoulder or a trick of the light? does the piped olive push right into the boiler space or does it stop at that bright ring ?
It was indeed a shoulder.

Even without PTFE tape it was as tight as I could make it and steaming. I very carefully wrapped PTFE round the "not quite end" of the olive, and....

It's had a good half hour. I'm in all mornung, so will be monitoring it under pressure....and testing it. Lots.

Still stuff to do. I have new pressure stat, new emergency valve etc, and the leaking hot water (slow drip, it's not forcing the boiler to refill any more than before) but they can all wait until I'm fully recaffeinated, and less busy at work!

0e16fc17178b7d77f227401c00298b34.jpg

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Congrats on getting it sorted!

It must've been a long month+ without an espresso type drink.

It was indeed a shoulder.

Even without PTFE tape it was as tight as I could make it and steaming. I very carefully wrapped PTFE round the "not quite end" of the olive, and....

It's had a good half hour. I'm in all mornung, so will be monitoring it under pressure....and testing it. Lots.

Still stuff to do. I have new pressure stat, new emergency valve etc, and the leaking hot water (slow drip, it's not forcing the boiler to refill any more than before) but they can all wait until I'm fully recaffeinated, and less busy at work!

0e16fc17178b7d77f227401c00298b34.jpg

WELL DONE THAT GIRL, PERSEVERANCE PAID OFF:coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::drink::drink::drink::good::good:

Tweaking bits now. Including adding the o ring to the mushroom bit... After realising there must be a reason for super low pressure but loads of water returning to the tank via opv!! I got a bit wet... But I'm also on espresso #3 so who cares!!

Did someone say coffee?

Tweaking bits now. Including adding the o ring to the mushroom bit... After realising there must be a reason for super low pressure but loads of water returning to the tank via opv!! I got a bit wet... But I'm also on espresso #3 so who cares!!

You have quite a few to catch up on then ;):whistle:

Hows the steam power now that the machine has been stripped of the limescale ?

a grinder a lever and some beans

Hows the steam power now that the machine has been stripped of the limescale ?
Steamy! But coming from the oscar, everything is a little weak!

Did someone say coffee?

Steamy! But coming from the oscar, everything is a little weak!

I fit a new wand to the Oscar. 4 holes and it's a beast. I'm finally getting used to it I think.

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Have just bought a Little Gem (ex-cafe) off eBay at a decent price, and was planning on stripping it down and chucking the element and boiler in citric acid and replacing the seals, but now I'm really wondering if I've gotten myself in way above my head..

The machine is coming from Wales which apparently has soft water so my fingers and toes are crossed!

Have just bought a Little Gem (ex-cafe) off eBay at a decent price, and was planning on stripping it down and chucking the element and boiler in citric acid and replacing the seals, but now I'm really wondering if I've gotten myself in way above my head..

The machine is coming from Wales which apparently has soft water so my fingers and toes are crossed!

I'm sure you'll do fine. Just remwmber to take loads of photos & notes so you lnow how it all goes together again.

I was trying to take apart my Gaggia and was stymied by a seized bolt - not entirely sure how well I'm going to fare with this one to be honest. Also don't seem to see much about the Little Gem (aside from the many jokes at the misnomer) on the forum!

Did a heavy descale (have not yet stripped it down though!) and the machine seems to function perfectly, fingers crossed! I have just one issue, which is that one of the rubber tubes leading from the OPV back up to the watertank seems to have sprung a leak. Have put electrical tape on it for the moment as a stopgap, but anyone knows what sort of diameter rubber tube I should be buying (and where would be a good/cheap place to buy them!) to replace this?

Did a heavy descale (have not yet stripped it down though!) and the machine seems to function perfectly, fingers crossed! I have just one issue, which is that one of the rubber tubes leading from the OPV back up to the watertank seems to have sprung a leak. Have put electrical tape on it for the moment as a stopgap, but anyone knows what sort of diameter rubber tube I should be buying (and where would be a good/cheap place to buy them!) to replace this?

There are several Fracino dealers on here who I am sure will help, but if you want speed, ring Fracino tomorrow in Birmingham, tell them what you need. The postage will be more but you may as well get some seals and things you will need at some point

I got some off fleabay. I can check this evening and let you know what I got if you want?

::: Fracino Cherub ::: Fiorenzato F5 ::: Torr 58.6mm ::: VST 18g basket :::

Awaiting: Arduino upgrade on Gaggia Classic, some skills ;)