MildredM

My Best Friend Has Prostate Cancer . . .

I thought I'd better put Dave's latest post into the right context:

As for you "seeing some wand action"......I almost choked on my coffee, but I'm OK now. It's really difficult to hold a camera and steam and I can't at the moment be arsed to set up the tripod and try and twist my body around to give a clear view. I will think hard about "giving you some wand action" and perhaps in the future. [...] Of course anyone local to me is welcome to come and have a look/play with the Minima, Niche or both...

:D

It was Ian’s 3 month check up today. He’s undetectable :) :) :)

That was the text I received! 'I’m undetectable!’ This means his blood test showed no trace of psa (or it is under 0.2% as that’s as low as it is tested to).

We are celebrating here with a nice cuppa :coffee::coffee:

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Hooray!!

That's awesome news - thanks for sharing ;)

Awesome news. Makes him seem like a secret agent “I’m undetectable!”

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Sage bambino plus & smart grinder

@SkateReclaimCreate

Awesome news. Makes him seem like a secret agent “I’m undetectable!”

Yes! Particularly where there are jobs to be done around the house :) :)

Thanks everyone xx

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Yes! Particularly where there are jobs to be done around the house :) :)

Thanks everyone xx

Hey cut the guy some slack. Me and Ian are besties now after that loaf he gave me

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Sage bambino plus & smart grinder

@SkateReclaimCreate

Great news Mildred :)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Thanks some more! I can only stress the importance of having a chat with your doctor if you have any concerns. Even though we sometimes wonder how we will cope [with ill health] I reckon humans have an incredible capacity to deal with a good lot of rubbish that life throws at us! Mind you, it’s easy to say that now everything has finished up so positively for Ian.

Anyway, Ian has just said to say Thank you too. So, Thank you too :)

A little update. It was time for his 9 month blood test and all is well. Ian is classed as undetectable :) :)

Great news. That must be a huge weight off your minds.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

That's good to hear, how long will Ian have to have blood tests for If you don't mind me asking.

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

That's good to hear, how long will Ian have to have blood tests for If you don't mind me asking.

We don't mind at all :)

Every 3 months for the 1st year, then 6 monthly for 2 years I think, then yearly. With it being confined to the prostate it is unlikely to have spread anywhere (Ian had a bone scan and other areas checked).

If anyone wants to ask Ian anything, either here or pm, then they are welcome. he has been a fantastic help to a friend who went through the same thing recently, more so with the practicalities than anything, the things they don't tell you before the op (or with making the decision).

Thanks for all your 'likes' and everything :)

• Like 1

Great news for you both Mildred. Fantastic outcome.
What came out maybe wasn't that fantastic in the first place - but luckily it all came out.
  • Like 1

Great news M! Sending warm wishes to you both.

• Like 2

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

A quick update. Ian’s NORMAL!! His blood test result confirm this 😁 

0.04 ug/L serum prostate specific antigen level 😁 

Thanks for everyone’s previous good wishes😘

• Like 18

Just saw this @MildredM so glad everything has gone well! 👍

My wife - Jo's dad had a similar diagnosis around the same time, his was quite bad..he had brachytherapy seeds and now all good! Such a relief but very scary at the time!

• Like 1

Vesuvius • Hario VST-2000B • Distributor • Push Tamper • Niche Grinder

1 hour ago, Les996 said:

Just saw this @MildredM so glad everything has gone well! 👍

My wife - Jo's dad had a similar diagnosis around the same time, his was quite bad..he had brachytherapy seeds and now all good! Such a relief but very scary at the time!

Great to hear he is all good too 😁 😁 

It IS a scary time, you are right, and I think it takes a lot of getting over.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MildredM said:

A quick update. Ian’s NORMAL!! His blood test result confirm this 😁 

0.04 ug/L serum prostate specific antigen level 😁 

Thanks for everyone’s previous good wishes😘

Gawd help him if he is NORMAL - living with you!

However brilliant news for both of you! 

• Like 1

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Brilliant news! X

• Like 1

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind