IGNORED

Cycling; What do you Ride?

1 hour ago, Carlyrox said:

Hi Al, even the team car was cool, here it is at the 2018 Eroica.

IMG-20180616-WA0007.jpg

Bringing back the memories as a kid, Me Mom and Dad used to do Service for Bantel, think it was a Vauxhall victor, they used to put a cushion over the hand break for me to sit on..!!! 

I used to have a scrap book, but sadly 😔 it got thrown out, at some point in my life.

obsessed with coffee, Waiting for Grinder !

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oooh, bike tarting! Be rude not to: Tripster AT with two wheelsets for road, offroad, allroad, etc. In offroad/allroad mode: And in winter road warrior mode. Super comfortable and keep

My custom Trek Emonda ALR from Sigma Sports - took advantage of the change to cycle to work rules to allow frame sets - shame I haven’t had the chance to ride it all that much.  Next step is a new tur

Ah, whilst this is more about "what do we ride", I thought I'd add a nostalgic pic of last time I went gravel riding - feels like ages ago.  

Posted Images

On 12/02/2021 at 16:45, Carlyrox said:

Just had a look at the route and Stage 9, 22/08 looks good for me as the stage finishes at the Alto Velefique which is approx 45 miles from where I am based. Looks an awesome climb the at that time of the year within the Tabernas Desert area. 🥵🥵🥵

and then you read stuff like this

https://www.epicroadrides.com/cycling-spain/almeria/alto-de-velefique-tabernas/

• Like 1

I've got a few bikes, my fave being my Shand Stoater. Fillet brazed Reynolds 853, rides super nice.

It's been through quite a few different iterations over the years, here it is in offroad mode, it's currently in audax mode with full guards and 28C slicks.

20200426_172445.jpg

• Like 3
3 hours ago, wheeledwidewebb said:

I look forward to joining the CFUK Strava club when it happens.

Currently I only ride indoors though. Wimp.

Apparently, there is one...it's a triathlon club. I tried joining but didn't work.

Edited by Al Grandé
Speelling.😅

obsessed with coffee, Waiting for Grinder !

On 16/02/2021 at 15:27, noctnikkor said:

I've got a few bikes, my fave being my Shand Stoater. Fillet brazed Reynolds 853, rides super nice.

It's been through quite a few different iterations over the years, here it is in offroad mode, it's currently in audax mode with full guards and 28C slicks.

20200426_172445.jpg

That a full bottle of OJ? 🤣

28 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

thought that was just on preorder at the moment?

I ordered in December and it got lost in the post so they sent me another one. I see they’re off sale on Etsy. I also made the suggestion they get some espresso machine friendly cups, can’t fit my mug under the group head!

PMA all day!

On 19/02/2021 at 13:40, Kjk said:

I ordered in December and it got lost in the post so they sent me another one. I see they’re off sale on Etsy. I also made the suggestion they get some espresso machine friendly cups, can’t fit my mug under the group head!

Update: got an email back saying espresso cups are set for a mid year launch. TURBOLUFT!

PMA all day!

On 19/02/2021 at 13:40, Kjk said:

so this isnt the rapha stuff?

12 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

so this isnt the rapha stuff?

Nope, this was their own run. Probably one of the last. The Cycling Podcast is becoming a victim of its own success.

• Like 1

PMA all day!

Went out for a spin around Epping Forrest with some hill repeats on Mott Street and Lippits Hill so took a few pics. Road bike is a Surly Cross Check, maybe around 6-7 years old? Just before road discs were popular which might have been a mistake in hindsight 😂

Shimano 105 ten speed group, with a 9 speed xt rear derailleur. Trp CX-9 mini v-brakes are pretty good. Built the 32 spoke wheels myself with 105 hubs, DT Swiss RR465 rims and 25mm 4 seasons.

Pretty nippy actually with the guards and saddle bag removed, lighter than you would think.

50988369413_9735dc2706_b.jpg50989072081_40bd4191ed_b.jpg

• Like 3
On 28/02/2021 at 14:39, Northern_Monkey said:

Went out for a spin around Epping Forrest with some hill repeats on Mott Street and Lippits Hill so took a few pics. Road bike is a Surly Cross Check, maybe around 6-7 years old? Just before road discs were popular which might have been a mistake in hindsight 😂

Shimano 105 ten speed group, with a 9 speed xt rear derailleur. Trp CX-9 mini v-brakes are pretty good. Built the 32 spoke wheels myself with 105 hubs, DT Swiss RR465 rims and 25mm 4 seasons.

Pretty nippy actually with the guards and saddle bag removed, lighter than you would think.

50988369413_9735dc2706_b.jpg50989072081_40bd4191ed_b.jpg

Looks a proper 'bike for life' that, very adaptable and no doubt built like a tank!

This also reminds me I should take the detour and pop into Essex at some point, haven't been out that way in ages!

• Thanks 1

@ales - Thanks! I realised after I built it, that I had somehow created a slightly updated version of my Dad’s old Raleigh Royal without intending to... Just hope it lasts as long. 😅

I did sell my Specialized carbon forked modern road bike when I stopped riding with a club, just wanted something that could be flexible and take proper mudguards.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...