IGNORED

Cycling; What do you Ride?

@Rincewind - Unless you need the cash, maybe look at donating to a local inclusive cycling scheme if one exists? I read about a charity which does a lot of work with kids that have quite varied levels of physical difficulties. They had trikes and tandems to use with the volunteers and kids, looked quite fun.

Edited by Northern_Monkey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oooh, bike tarting! Be rude not to: Tripster AT with two wheelsets for road, offroad, allroad, etc. In offroad/allroad mode: And in winter road warrior mode. Super comfortable and keep

My custom Trek Emonda ALR from Sigma Sports - took advantage of the change to cycle to work rules to allow frame sets - shame I haven’t had the chance to ride it all that much.  Next step is a new tur

Ah, whilst this is more about "what do we ride", I thought I'd add a nostalgic pic of last time I went gravel riding - feels like ages ago.  

Posted Images

@Northern_Monkey No don't need the money....that's an excellent idea 😎 The last time me and SWMBO did a Sky ride around Manchester the kids just loved the bike. My youngest brother is physically disabled so charities/other are close to my heart. I very very seldom sell anything; more of a guy that likes to bring a smile/joy to others by giving them something....at which point i'll pull my finger out and do some piccies...i've got an old Falcon Team Banana (Eroica eligible) that i'll put up on here in the "Pay It Forward" section for free-to-good-home...was gonna turn it into a fixie but never got round to it.

• Like 2
55 minutes ago, Carlyrox said:

Have a look on Google Maps for Bedar though blink and you could miss it. I know you've mentioned coming across and should you do so this is an area I would definitely recommend.

Regards.

Keith.

Looks very nice, we would go to Murcia. Near to Los Alcázares...as my parents have a place there.😉

obsessed with coffee, Waiting for Grinder !

17 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

which is where stage 8 of this years la vuelta is going :) 

Didn't realise👍

just had a look, see its going through Torreveija as well, down the coast,  probably round portman after Cartagena to finish at La Manga.

See, if we will, be able to travel by then.

Edited by Al Grandé

5 hours ago, spasypaddy said:

i plan to be out there, day in the mountains for stage 7 and then sit outside my flat for stage 8

Just had a look at the route and Stage 9, 22/08 looks good for me as the stage finishes at the Alto Velefique which is approx 45 miles from where I am based. Looks an awesome climb the at that time of the year within the Tabernas Desert area. 🥵🥵🥵

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Carlyrox said:

Just had a look at the route and Stage 9, 22/08 looks good for me as the stage finishes at the Alto Velefique which is approx 45 miles from where I am based. Looks an awesome climb the at that time of the year within the Tabernas Desert area. 🥵🥵🥵

Have you ridden the climb?

37 minutes ago, Al Grandé said:

Have you ridden the climb?

No, may give it a go once the lock down has ended though tonight we have been informed that the village perimeter restriction will continue till at least the 19th Feb.

3 minutes ago, Carlyrox said:

No, may give it a go once the lock down has ended though tonight we have been informed that the village perimeter restriction will continue till at least the 19th Feb.

Hopefully they will be lift the restrictions, it's only another week...then you can go and do the climb...😅

17 minutes ago, Al Grandé said:

Hopefully they will be lift the restrictions, it's only another week...then you can go and do the climb...😅

When you say it like that, it's daunting and the more I think of it the more it plays on my mind, though hey ho I will try.

Hopefully a picture of my Gios as promised, followed by my sworks and my Yeti MTB.

A further image of the Gios with Black bar tape and Toe Straps the 

Regards.

Keith.

IMG-20200821-WA0010.jpg

20170615_151125.jpg

20201016_133820.jpg

20170617_102440_resized.jpg

Edited by Carlyrox
Add other images.
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, Carlyrox said:

Hopefully a picture of my Gios as promised, followed by my sworks and my Yeti MTB.

A further image of the Gios with Black bar tape and Toe Straps the 

Regards.

Keith.

IMG-20200821-WA0010.jpg

20170615_151125.jpg

20201016_133820.jpg

20170617_102440_resized.jpg

All good bikes...Gios brings back the memories of bikes in that era.. the fork rake.. large flange hubs.. 52/42 or 53/39? What rims? GP4s or SSC Grey's by any chance?

5 minutes ago, Al Grandé said:

All good bikes...Gios brings back the memories of bikes in that era.. the fork rake.. large flange hubs.. 52/42 or 53/39? What rims? GP4s or SSC Grey's by any chance?

52/42 and GP4s. A lovely bike to ride which i did on four occasions on the Eroica, one of which my mate and I, though unknown to us were captured by a magazine photographer as we neared the finish line. 

This image was then painted onto canvas by a friend and I was given it as a retirement present.

20210213_180039.jpg

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Carlyrox said:

52/42 and GP4s. A lovely bike to ride which i did on four occasions on the Eroica, one of which my mate and I, though unknown to us were captured by a magazine photographer as we neared the finish line. 

This image was then painted onto canvas by a friend and I was given it as a retirement present.

20210213_180039.jpg

Nice picture 👍If I'm not mistaken his riding a Holdsworth top?

30 minutes ago, Al Grandé said:

Nice picture 👍If I'm not mistaken his riding a Holdsworth top?

Yep, he has an 1990 Holdsworth bike, 531 frame with full shimano 105 groupset.

59 minutes ago, Carlyrox said:

Yep, he has an 1990 Holdsworth bike, 531 frame with full shimano 105 groupset.

Cool, can't remember if the team was still going then, don't think so...When I was a kid, Colin Lewis, who rode for them, as did Les West, used to stay at our house, when racing in the Midlands.

Keith, what's the rear mech on that Torino ? ...i assume it's a Campagnolo (too tired to zoom in) but it reminds me of Suntour (no disrespect meant) for some reason.

Edited by Rincewind
8 hours ago, Al Grandé said:

Cool, can't remember if the team was still going then, don't think so...When I was a kid, Colin Lewis, who rode for them, as did Les West, used to stay at our house, when racing in the Midlands.

Hi Al, even the team car was cool, here it is at the 2018 Eroica.

IMG-20180616-WA0007.jpg

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Rincewind said:

Keith, what's the rear mech on that Torino ? ...i assume it's a Campagnolo (too tired to zoom in) but it reminds me of Suntour (no disrespect meant) for some reason.

Hi Rincewind,

the rear mech and all the other components are Campagnolo Super Record.

Had a Suntour rear mech on an 1980s Raleigh Record Sprint, that takes me back.

Regards.

Keith.

• Thanks 1