IGNORED

Cycling; What do you Ride?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oooh, bike tarting! Be rude not to: Tripster AT with two wheelsets for road, offroad, allroad, etc. In offroad/allroad mode: And in winter road warrior mode. Super comfortable and keep

My custom Trek Emonda ALR from Sigma Sports - took advantage of the change to cycle to work rules to allow frame sets - shame I haven’t had the chance to ride it all that much.  Next step is a new tur

Ah, whilst this is more about "what do we ride", I thought I'd add a nostalgic pic of last time I went gravel riding - feels like ages ago.  

Posted Images

@Rumpelstiltskin@Jony @Jason11 well, sort of. It's an Emonda SLR 7 (ish). It does look like a Madone indeed, the latest model has been made a bit more "muscular". I used to have a black matte bike and then I realised that I wanted a bike that was flashy - whilst I am not 100% sold on the paintjob, it does scream for attention, so I guess it works! 

The wheels are from China, built with nice and robust hubs - just like with my search for a coffee machine, I always try to get a good deal for the money, and if you're as vain as I am, then carbon wheels are a must and there are some reputable Chinese manufacturers who sell direct :)

It's a very fun machine to throw around. I feel like it might be similar to coffee machines. When you spend £££ on a top notch one, in itself it will be only very marginally better. However, the feelings you get, the experience, that's what makes the difference (for me, at least).

It is objectively too much bike for me, also considering that half my yearly mileage is indoors. I am really hoping that the upgradeitis will have now moved to coffee-making, because having it on both bikes and coffee is a sureproof way to financial ruin!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My custom Trek Emonda ALR from Sigma Sports - took advantage of the change to cycle to work rules to allow frame sets - shame I haven’t had the chance to ride it all that much.  Next step is a new turbo trainer as the old TacX Blu doesn’t readily accept thru-axle.  I’m liking the look of the Neo 2T because you don’t need to plug it in.  Any recommendations?

9E0F76A0-E97B-4E55-81BD-72ABCBAE89C8.jpeg

• Like 4

PMA all day!

My custom Trek Emonda ALR from Sigma Sports - took advantage of the change to cycle to work rules to allow frame sets - shame I haven’t had the chance to ride it all that much.  Next step is a new turbo trainer as the old TacX Blu doesn’t readily accept thru-axle.  I’m liking the look of the Neo 2T because you don’t need to plug it in.  Any recommendations?
9E0F76A0-E97B-4E55-81BD-72ABCBAE89C8.thumb.jpeg.1976cc08535c253bd095dbdbe367b46e.jpeg

A few people in my cycle club have the Neo and are very happy with them. I use the Wahoo Kickr Core paired with a Kickr Climb and love it [emoji1303]
  • Like 1
On 10/01/2021 at 18:44, Spooks said:

Thankfully they managed to repair mine, was going to be a THR( total hip replacement) but after reviewing they repaired it. Been back on the turbo spinning 16 days after surgery and back on and TrainerRoad, admittedly at lower output, a few days after that. Even taking part in Tour de Zwift just under 6 weeks post surgery.
Have bought a gravel bike and not had a chance to ride it yet, apart from my crash, so itching to get out on it. Pics of this to follow lol

Me too!  I smashed mine in Aug 2015, one year on crutches and the neck of the hip shortened by 30mm, it never repaired so had it replaced in Aug 2016.  All good now and did 9000km last year.

On 26/01/2021 at 08:00, Baffo said:

@Rumpelstiltskin@Jony @Jason11 well, sort of. It's an Emonda SLR 7 (ish). It does look like a Madone indeed, the latest model has been made a bit more "muscular". I used to have a black matte bike and then I realised that I wanted a bike that was flashy - whilst I am not 100% sold on the paintjob, it does scream for attention, so I guess it works! 

The wheels are from China, built with nice and robust hubs - just like with my search for a coffee machine, I always try to get a good deal for the money, and if you're as vain as I am, then carbon wheels are a must and there are some reputable Chinese manufacturers who sell direct :)

It's a very fun machine to throw around. I feel like it might be similar to coffee machines. When you spend £££ on a top notch one, in itself it will be only very marginally better. However, the feelings you get, the experience, that's what makes the difference (for me, at least).

It is objectively too much bike for me, also considering that half my yearly mileage is indoors. I am really hoping that the upgradeitis will have now moved to coffee-making, because having it on both bikes and coffee is a sureproof way to financial ruin!

Have you got the Bontrager Blendr stem and mounts?  I love the cleanliness of that design.  The latest Trek colourways are sweet too.  A school friend and I were joking about how we never thought we'd be excited by Trek, but times change.

PMA all day!

5 minutes ago, Kjk said:

Have you got the Bontrager Blendr stem and mounts?  I love the cleanliness of that design.  The latest Trek colourways are sweet too.  A school friend and I were joking about how we never thought we'd be excited by Trek, but times change.

No unfortunately not, I should've but I didn't know about the Blendr mount etc, so I got a Zipp stem. I agree on the colourways, even though I couldn't bring myself to splurge for some of fanciest on Project One.. I'll get my own at some point :)

On 29/01/2021 at 15:11, Kjk said:

9E0F76A0-E97B-4E55-81BD-72ABCBAE89C8.jpeg

i use a saris h3, very happy with it. tacx neo 2t is the gold standard though isnt it. however i'd be tempted if spending that much (i got the saris on a huge deal!) to get a watt bike atom instead of the neo 2t

• Thanks 1
44 minutes ago, spasypaddy said:

i use a saris h3, very happy with it. tacx neo 2t is the gold standard though isnt it. however i'd be tempted if spending that much (i got the saris on a huge deal!) to get a watt bike atom instead of the neo 2t

My wife is going to be so mad at me in 10-12 weeks!

PMA all day!

On 01/02/2021 at 10:28, Kjk said:

My wife is going to be so mad at me in 10-12 weeks!

Update, hard no on the watt bike, “settling” for the neo...

PMA all day!

3 hours ago, B-Roadie said:

7B6F8502-9930-4D45-B7A1-9B256BFE120F.thumb.jpeg.5e66e60c974640236aacb242bb161296.jpeg*Saddle not angled down as it appears 

Now then, now then, now then what do we have here (said in J.Saville voice) ? ....you said in your other post "2"...i now see its 2xTreks....again the same question; what is it ?, although this does look very very familiar (apart from the rear-caliper being mounted on the seat-stays) ....you might want to face your front quick release lever the other way; your choice of course.