IGNORED

Cycling; What do you Ride?

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oooh, bike tarting! Be rude not to: Tripster AT with two wheelsets for road, offroad, allroad, etc. In offroad/allroad mode: And in winter road warrior mode. Super comfortable and keep

My custom Trek Emonda ALR from Sigma Sports - took advantage of the change to cycle to work rules to allow frame sets - shame I haven’t had the chance to ride it all that much.  Next step is a new tur

Ah, whilst this is more about "what do we ride", I thought I'd add a nostalgic pic of last time I went gravel riding - feels like ages ago.  

Posted Images

Given I’m currently off the bike (kinda) with a broken hip after falling of my new gravel bike ( I have no pics of that) thought I would share a pic of my current summer bike, my Tarmac SL6 and my wife’s Turbo Creo SL e-bike.
Stunning bike that I love riding, wife loves hers and keeps me honest when climbing lol.

IMG_7101.jpg
4 hours ago, spasypaddy said:

Correct. I have a flat in torrevieja 👍

Still to find good coffee or even beans out there. Any ideas? 

They have a good market there on a Friday. We are further south, 15minutes from the new airport.

Sorry, can't help regards good coffee, don't think I've had a bad café con leché, not even looked for coffee beans here, but my coffee journey hasn't started...yet,  once I do, suppose they will all be rubbish drinks...!!!

obsessed with coffee, Waiting for Grinder !

My riding partner had new hip last year due to a crash [emoji41]

Thankfully they managed to repair mine, was going to be a THR( total hip replacement) but after reviewing they repaired it. Been back on the turbo spinning 16 days after surgery and back on and TrainerRoad, admittedly at lower output, a few days after that. Even taking part in Tour de Zwift just under 6 weeks post surgery.
Have bought a gravel bike and not had a chance to ride it yet, apart from my crash, so itching to get out on it. Pics of this to follow lol
6 hours ago, Hairy_Hogg said:

Blimey, mine looks a bit tame against some on here, Decathlon special... Does me fine for country rides and rides down to the (local) coast

No it doesn't...and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...YOU are happy with it and THAT'S all that matters....it's not a competition. IMO it doesn't matter where you purchased it from or what it cost; so long as YOU are enjoying using it.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Jony said:

My riding partner had new hip last year due to a crash 😎

Hopefully, they have made a full recovery and are back on the bike?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spooks said:

Thankfully they managed to repair mine, was going to be a THR( total hip replacement) but after reviewing they repaired it. Been back on the turbo spinning 16 days after surgery and back on and TrainerRoad, admittedly at lower output, a few days after that. Even taking part in Tour de Zwift just under 6 weeks post surgery.
Have bought a gravel bike and not had a chance to ride it yet, apart from my crash, so itching to get out on it. Pics of this to follow lol

That's good news, that they managed to repair it. Don't be rushing it, so when the spring is here, you'll be ready to ride it again.

• Like 1

No it doesn't...and don't let anyone tell you otherwise...YOU are happy with it and THAT'S all that matters....it's not a competition. IMO it doesn't matter where you purchased it from or what it cost; so long as YOU are enjoying using it.
Honestly I am fine with this, not feeling inferior just saying compared to some of the mean machines on here mine was a bit tame. I bought the bike that was right for me and love it.
  • Like 3
19 hours ago, Al Grandé said:

Can you accept my strava request please

i believe i have now.

19 hours ago, Al Grandé said:

They have a good market there on a Friday. We are further south, 15minutes from the new airport.

Sorry, can't help regards good coffee, don't think I've had a bad café con leché, not even looked for coffee beans here, but my coffee journey hasn't started...yet,  once I do, suppose they will all be rubbish drinks...!!!

market used to be on my street so im glad its moved.

the best coffee i've found is in alicante city https://madnesscoffee.com/ 

9 hours ago, spasypaddy said:

i believe i have now.

market used to be on my street so im glad its moved.

the best coffee i've found is in alicante city https://madnesscoffee.com/ 

Sorry I'm not showing Coffee Forums uk club, in my clubs on strava, still says request send...

Thanks for the madness tip, I'd probably have to do mail order as never been to Alicante.

On 10/01/2021 at 18:18, Jony said:

Yup back on his bike, walks with a slight limp😂 

Good his back on his bike, but not good his walking with a slight limp.

13 hours ago, Al Grandé said:

Sorry I'm not showing Coffee Forums uk club, in my clubs on strava, still says request send...

Thanks for the madness tip, I'd probably have to do mail order as never been to Alicante.

i've had another look and accepted those that look like 'real' people to me, if ive missed you then sorry. DM me your real name if thats the case

8 hours ago, spasypaddy said:

i've had another look and accepted those that look like 'real' people to me, if ive missed you then sorry. DM me your real name if thats the case

My strava name is the same, Al Grandé 

• 2 weeks later...

She's not seen the light of day for a few months, but hopefully I will be able to throw her back around Glasgow soon. 

The other winter/gravel/commuter/turbo bike isn't quite as glamorous. 

IMG_20200914_174431.jpg

• Like 3