jerbla

E5 T - 1 and counting

These won’t settle down till around 10kgs of coffee have gone through them, contact a roaster get a load of stakes and bang em through the grinder, that should settle the grinder down better

AKA Toffee chips

These won’t settle down till around 10kgs of coffee have gone through them, contact a roaster get a load of stakes and bang em through the grinder, that should settle the grinder down better

damn fine idea, thank you sir.

"Yeah, well, scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing"

I have now upgraded to the E5 from my Eureka Mignon which is up for sale.

Very happy with the E5. Easily dialled in and excellent fluffy grind with minimal clumping.

Thanks to forum members who recommended this grinder in my previous post.

I have been chucking any old beans I could find lying around through it and it is definitely settling down. Guess around 7 to 8 kilos through now and getting less clumpy. And I can confirm, the grinder seems to be a delight to use

So the E5 is cutting it for you then? slipped under your radar then.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

So the E5 is cutting it for you then? slipped under your radar then.

Right under! I was chatting to Claudette about replacing the Mythos with something till the Niche comes in, and I was going to get an Atom. She said that in the showroom for making coffee for staff etc they can use an Atom or an E5......the Atom now has cobwebs. I like Compak having had most of their models but I did not really believe her. It has quite small burrs at 58 mm but boy are they aggressive! I do 18 gms or so in about 5 seconds which we can all afford out of our lives! It seems to be getting better and better as the burrs settle down as well, and they come with a small hopper. It must hold 300 gms or so and for the likes of me that just chuck beans in and top up it makes life easier

Yep 300 gr hopper small one mine was lost during its fall from grace haha so couldn't really afford the £45 for a new one so bought the bigger one adjustment wise between beans is very little now I have two points which they over 5 and before 10 so 7 &9 and I only think I have put 2k through it so 7 maximum as of now. shame I missed the E8 but more than happy with it.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Mine has also settled down nicely now, although my only issue (not a grinder issue) is it takes me 6-8 shots to dial in a new bean :( im sure it will get there but i think ill just settle on the italian job by rave .

@craigsalisbury & @dfk41 how's things going now.

Love my E5, I have now settled on one bean (as i suck at dialing in) and never change the grind or the time. The output is always within .5g and normally .2 ish which im ok with. Also i have no clumping issues anymore, not that it was really bad....but i like moaning :)

All good then.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I am running one bean now, but still have some clumping, but sounds like its a use and wearing in thing. great grinder which I am loving, bar the little bit of clumping.

Always learning.

ECM Sychronika/ Compak E5, RB Tamper. Everpure Claris water filter

I can report mine is now working brilliantly now its settled in, much easier to dial, almost clump free. great grinder.

Always learning.

ECM Sychronika/ Compak E5, RB Tamper. Everpure Claris water filter