fatboyslim

LSOL January Notes Coffee [London]

The eagle has landed

CEA5C075-3EE3-41A2-8892-36DBCAFBC654.jpg

Good sized beans and look a lovely colour. Not done any further inspection yet. Might wait a couple more days as roasted 3 days ago. Thanks again @fatboyslim

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

I was just about to say the eagle has landed ha ha.

Nice label and an incredible smell!

26961834_10159850653615183_2816678155200827944_o.jpg

Not stuck my nose in yet, got three bags open at the moment, a fourth seems greedy lol. I'll try and wait until Sunday by which time I'll have cleaned two of the three up :)

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Yep, my guest slot is in as well. 71c3a051c3e38524851f099807e58f11.jpg

Sage DTP - Compak K10 & Niche Zero

f4d297c8b17920f7e69b8b4335597134.jpg

Mine has arrived this morning.

Sage Barista Express, Aeropress, V60, Feldgrind, French press, Motta 53mm Tamper, 300 ml and 600ml Milk jug.

Got mine as well... Although I've just bought some decaf Yirg from Y.C.E. and ordered 3 bags from Hasbean the other day (which should get here either today or tomorrow.. ) I think I've got it BAD (Bean Acquisition Disorder) :rolleyes: On top of that I've got three bags of Union open and 3 bags of hasbean open.. Methinks I'd better stuff some in the freezer...

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Got mine as well... Although I've just bought some decaf Yirg from Y.C.E. and ordered 3 bags from Hasbean the other day (which should get here either today or tomorrow.. ) I think I've got it BAD (Bean Acquisition Disorder) :rolleyes: On top of that I've got three bags of Union open and 3 bags of hasbean open.. Methinks I'd better stuff some in the freezer...

you can use my vac sealer thing if you want ;)

It is nice, definitely nice. Raspberries and light palma violet is the first thing that comes to mind after one v60 1/2 drained, but I reserve the right to change my mind!

Mr LSOL - November offering here -> Clicky <-

I ground this way too fine...

15.2>30.1 in 49 seconds.

I don't confess to being a master taster (cupper?), but I tasted something that reminded me of rum. 8caeebf2d5a383b28c3e60c5b422340b.jpg

Mine has landed too - superb, professional packaging (soft spot here for anything orange). A Sunday treat - ohh the anticipation :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

f4d297c8b17920f7e69b8b4335597134.jpg

Mine has arrived this morning.

Slected indeed.....anyone would think that i worked there.

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Mine has landed. Thank you guys for sorting. Going to leave it a week (if I can) and see how it develops. I jumped the gun with the last LSOL I got and used it all before it peaked

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Well I broke the cardinal rule here & tried mine straight away. I liked it but I'll give it a weeks rest. as I do have the best part of 500g of a Crafthouse brazilian natural to be getting on with.

grimleyplex = 2002-2019 R.I.P. :(

Looking forward to it. I’m going to try and be patient...

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind

Late from me....guest slot bundle also received today...thanks guys.

Will be out in the black, gaming in the morning, but expect a brew or espresso or few might happen!

Solid show, well done both of you. appreciated.

I came home to find that mine had arrived. I was down to 2 individual weighed out shots in the freezer from Hasbean.

Thanks for sorting this out I might have to dive in tomorrow. I’ll leave it a couple of days for spro

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Mine arrived too, thanks both for organising.

Particularly like the see through bottom.

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

I ground this way too fine...

15.2>30.1 in 49 seconds.

I don't confess to being a master taster (cupper?), but I tasted something that reminded me of rum. 8caeebf2d5a383b28c3e60c5b422340b.jpg

I did similar tbh.. 18g > 31g in around 56 seconds.. Didn’t taste too bad though. Made another slightly courser and got it down to 40 something seconds. Think they need to rest a few more days though - then put the other bag in the freezer..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I got an email from the forwarding service I use that the beans have been delivered to them. They should be with me in Bulgaria in a week.

I got an email from the forwarding service I use that the beans have been delivered to them. They should be with me in Bulgaria in a week.
No infuriating resting required for you then! At that speed they must be delivering it by donky.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

It's a truck actually. They do three runs per week and it works out at £1 per kg so I can't complain.

Anyone didn’t get theirs yet?

Arrived very well packaged. Couldn't wait and pulled a shot, needs more rest. Subtle red fruit just peeping through, raspberry, loganberry, but also a blank space where it's a bit soon after roast for espresso. Will try a pour over tomorrow, but have to be patient whilst it rests.

Huge thanks to all involved once again for the chance to try such lovely and diverse coffees from roasters we might otherwise never get round to ordering from.

Edit:

Have lovely strawberry tones on the tongue a few mins after drinking this in a FW.