IGNORED

Super Jolly & Major price advice

Hi,

there is a seller near me that is selling both a SJ & Major that are 5 years old and asking £260 & £275 respectively. The Major has had new burrs fitted but doesn't feature a drip tray and the SJ burrs are about a year old. Both say they've been used at home for the last year and both have a few cosmetic marks that don't concern me, it seems reasonably easy enough to have the casing repainted if I wanted to. Height in my kitchen wont be a problem, I have a spot for either :)

Do either of these seem like a good buy? I'm struggling to understand the second hand pricing on these. Many thanks in advance :confused::)

Thanks for the reply, if it makes any difference both are automatics.

It’s easy enough to take the automatic switches out and convert to single dosing.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Small update, I bought the Major :)

I was happy with the condition, it even had the original box and manual (man they are heavy though!) I paid £240 after some short negotiation.

I'll take a few pictures in a while if anyone is interested, but for now can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between Steel & Titanium burrs please?

39553080661_7b9df94709_h.jpg

Which are these? Excuse the grounds on the burrs, I couldn't resist firing it up once home!

Yup, struck gold.. New titanium burrs are over £200 on their own.. Basically you bought the burrs and got the grinder for free :whistle:

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Just a rough and ready phone image as the light has gone now, I'll likely take some this week during day light.

38850505964_7e15bc594c_h.jpg

The first 2 digits of the serial number are 11 so I presume it's a 2011 model. I'm very pleased with the purchase, not sure my wife is quite as happy as I am! I just need to find a suitable machine to pair it with now :)

This is the best deal I've ever seen for a Mazzer grinder. I've also owned a Mazzer Mini and a Super Jolly, and I lost my interest in grinder upgrading once I got to the Major.

I own a Major that I've tweaked a bit. I replaced the stock Major hopper with a Super Jolly/Mini short hopper. The big hopper looks right in a shop, but not on my kitchen counter. I made a shim so the hopper fits securely as it's about 3-4mm too small for the throat of the Major.

I wired in a contact switch just below the stock on/off - it's a button that runs the grinder so long as it's pushed in. It was a custom order part at espressoparts.com, but they don't list it any longer. It cost about 5 quid.

Congratulations!

Small update, I bought the Major :)

I was happy with the condition, it even had the original box and manual (man they are heavy though!) I paid £240 after some short negotiation.

I'll take a few pictures in a while if anyone is interested, but for now can anyone tell me how to tell the difference between Steel & Titanium burrs please?

39553080661_7b9df94709_h.jpg

Which are these? Excuse the grounds on the burrs, I couldn't resist firing it up once home!

That's a great deal! I remember not that long ago these were always £400+ used.