np123

One for the DE shavers - selection of DE razors

I was converted to DE shaving around 10 years ago and never looked back. The pull or irritation from the multi blade razors was frustrating me no end and once I found DE safety razors I was an instant fan. Shaving became a pleasure rather than a chore, much like the ritual of making coffee actually which definitely soothes the soul.

Anyhow, I have amassed a collection of DE razors over the years which I now find would be best suited to a new home. All razors are in excellent condition unless stated otherwise. A couple of the items are unused.

Razors shown from left to right on image, prices follow.

[TABLE=width: 0]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]Condition[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Price New £[/TD]

[TD=align: right]Asking Price £[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Merkur 34G[/TD]

[TD]Good,v.slight pitting head[/TD]

[TD=align: right]39.5[/TD]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Merkur Progress[/TD]

[TD]Good, v.slight pitting head[/TD]

[TD=align: right]42.95[/TD]

[TD=align: right]28[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IKON Shavecraft 101 with Bulldog handle[/TD]

[TD]Very Good[/TD]

[TD=align: right]74.8[/TD]

[TD=align: right]50[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]IKON Tuckaway[/TD]

[TD]New, Unused[/TD]

[TD=align: right]25[/TD]

[TD=align: right]18[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Merkur open comb head and ATT Atlas Stainless handle[/TD]

[TD]New, Unused[/TD]

[TD=align: right]50[/TD]

[TD=align: right]35[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31025[/ATTACH]

Second image opposite way round so razors from right to left to tie up to table above.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]31026[/ATTACH]

Nice razors, I was was tempted lol. I use an Muhle R89 myself :)

ECM Elektronika Profi II/ Fiorenzato F83/ VST

I have recently acquired a Rockwell 6S, which is a pretty rigid and weighty piece of kit, otherwise I would have been interested.

I still use my Father's old razor, it's at least 80 years old, I use Dorco prime platinum blades. I order 10 packs (50 blades) online to save the spotty youth in Tesco from denying such blades exist. I think they are far better than WS.

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Crem One 2B, ACS Vesuvius, Izzo Duetto MK1, ACS Minima, Lelit Bianca Prototype, Lelit Mara X Prototype, BTC Machines, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK, Eureka Atom Speciality 75, VDT Vibration thing: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)

Any of these any good for a beginner DE shaver? I currently use Cornerstone blades.

Any recommendations for blades and other needed accessories?

Any of these any good for a beginner DE shaver? I currently use Cornerstone blades.

Any recommendations for blades and other needed accessories?

The 34G is a good one to start with. If the Ikon is like my standard Ikon head it may be too aggressive.

As for blades, Astra Platinum are sharp but comfortable. Other bits are shaving soap, a brush and shaving bowl. Kent brushes are good quality and not stupidly expensive. Soap - good old Palmolive shave sticks are fine.

a grinder a lever and some beans

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)