Coffee Forums banner

One for the DE shavers - selection of DE razors

Tags
de razor
1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  4515 
#1 ·
I was converted to DE shaving around 10 years ago and never looked back. The pull or irritation from the multi blade razors was frustrating me no end and once I found DE safety razors I was an instant fan. Shaving became a pleasure rather than a chore, much like the ritual of making coffee actually which definitely soothes the soul.

Anyhow, I have amassed a collection of DE razors over the years which I now find would be best suited to a new home. All razors are in excellent condition unless stated otherwise. A couple of the items are unused.

Razors shown from left to right on image, prices follow.

ConditionPrice New £Asking Price £
Merkur 34GGood,v.slight pitting head39.525
Merkur ProgressGood, v.slight pitting head42.9528
IKON Shavecraft 101 with Bulldog handleVery Good74.850
IKON TuckawayNew, Unused2518
Merkur open comb head and ATT Atlas Stainless handleNew, Unused5035

View attachment 31025

Second image opposite way round so razors from right to left to tie up to table above.

View attachment 31026

See less See more
#4 ·
I still use my Father's old razor, it's at least 80 years old, I use Dorco prime platinum blades. I order 10 packs (50 blades) online to save the spotty youth in Tesco from denying such blades exist. I think they are far better than WS.

#6 ·
Badgerman said:
Any of these any good for a beginner DE shaver? I currently use Cornerstone blades.

Any recommendations for blades and other needed accessories?
The 34G is a good one to start with. If the Ikon is like my standard Ikon head it may be too aggressive.

As for blades, Astra Platinum are sharp but comfortable. Other bits are shaving soap, a brush and shaving bowl. Kent brushes are good quality and not stupidly expensive. Soap - good old Palmolive shave sticks are fine.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.