Jony

Always Something.

Hi

I seem the have a problem.

1. When I used the hot water arm to warm the cup, Machine went off and came back on? I did this twice so first time wasn't just me.

2. Then purged the steam, put my hand under it no burn!!

3. Steam boiler temp went in the red and hovered in an around the red til I purged again then went back up and again.

4. Pid temps was the same, but the steam gauge was in the red but not deep in the Red

Not plumbed in. DB and no noises either of hissing it just went off and came back on. @DavecUK thanks

Thanks for any pointers

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Alex Duetto II PID DB , I have only had the Machine a Month, and not sure of original Re-lease

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Possibly a bad connection to the thermal probe or to the Gicar PID. Really needs more info, but open it up have a look round and check the Gicar PID (the one with the display) and see if any connections are loose or corroded. Does it always do this, or sometimes do this?

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

Sounds like there are 2 separate issues here with the same component. Corroded terminals are a good call but it feels less likely that the power to the PID could be affected at the same time. Could the PID be on its way out? I have read that on these machines it gets really hot due to placement and lack of ventilation.

Possibly a bad connection to the thermal probe or to the Gicar PID. Really needs more info, but open it up have a look round and check the Gicar PID (the one with the display) and see if any connections are loose or corroded. Does it always do this, or sometimes do this?

Yesterday was the first time it's done it.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Sounds like there are 2 separate issues here with the same component. Corroded terminals are a good call but it feels less likely that the power to the PID could be affected at the same time. Could the PID be on its way out? I have read that on these machines it gets really hot due to placement and lack of ventilation.

I turn the steam off if not in use, glad it's reared it head before it was passed on :/

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Ok so I turned the steam pressure down and not had a problem since? and it's not been in the Red since. So I don't know what was up with it but it's back to normal, which makes me happier.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Ok so I turned the steam pressure down and not had a problem since? and it's not been in the Red since. So I don't know what was up with it but it's back to normal, which makes me happier.

This is now starting to test me!! on further inspection I now have a leak 3/4 back from the front and near the pump around 10p size and a inch inwards, and a hissing on start up on the right hand side boiler. Will take the side panel off tomorrow pinpoint the leak. I tested the leak 3 times same place and the same amount. There is more water in the drip tray and I have bubbles and hissing in the security valve.

@DavecUK

Thanks

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE