onluxtex

Hedone Honne grinder

Goes to show that for every thousand happy customers there's always one unhappy non-customer.

You again?

Isn’t that obvious? If I had it at home, wouldn’t I be able to comment on all of the rest? But yes, I should have stated it, just to make it clearer. Of course you are going to need a scale when you test this type of grinder and the fact that they did not have any, completes the whole story for me.

They produce espresso machines too for horeca.

I'm kinda confused, you visited the factory to attend some sort of press event?

Yeah I've figured that much.

I own the Honne #70 :cool:

Also have a Niche (conical) and a Atom 75 and this grinder really its my favorite taste wise by a long margin. It's like watching TV in SD and UHD...really nice grinder in flavour extraction.

How are long time owners of this feeling about it? Any issues? Any annoyances?

I'm considering buying this when it goes on the annual sale later this year, if they ever list it back on their website that is!

I am very happy with mine. No issues so far, bought it on sale for less than 1000Euro last year.

• Thanks 1

CFBG Team

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

On 25/01/2020 at 11:15, HBLP said:

How are long time owners of this feeling about it? Any issues? Any annoyances?

I'm considering buying this when it goes on the annual sale later this year, if they ever list it back on their website that is!

No issues at my site. Great grinder.

However I am reducing now my coffee equipment ( some cash flow improvement needed ;)), so after selling Commandante, Ararrex Caravel, with cafelat Robot and Moccamaster on sale, I can also consider selling Honne. If you are interested let me know I can post it on sales threat for transparency. 

• Like 1

Londinium R, etzMax Light-T, Baratza Forte BG

I bought one of these beaut grinders late last year and am intending to do a 'mini-review' of it. Just waiting for a replacement lid to arrive before I take photos.

The results in the cup (in my experience) surpass HG-1, Helor Stance Motor and Mazzer Robur.

I am really impressed and happy with this grinder.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paolo5 said:

I bought one of these beaut grinders late last year and am intending to do a 'mini-review' of it. Just waiting for a replacement lid to arrive before I take photos.

The results in the cup (in my experience) surpass HG-1, Helor Stance Motor and Mazzer Robur.

I am really impressed and happy with this grinder.

Be interesting to see it compared against a Kafatek Monolith

My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ - Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: YouTube channel at https://tinyurl.com/szhgxzl .......

There is a "2020" version of the Honne, they added a worm gear to adjust the grind size and finally have the lower funnel red instead of golden, there are some pics on the Romanian forum. Personally i really dislike the worm gear and it's pretty useless but still is a new feature ?

Edited by lucas

I addition to this you can buy an add-on that will reverse rotation of the burrs when you switch off the grinder  in order to reduce retention.  Not tempted to upgrade with worm and reverse so far.

CFBG Team

Where can you buy that add-on? The guy where I bought mine doenst list them anymore.

Directly from the producer, the price of the grinder went up though.

Contact them on [email protected]

• Like 1

CFBG Team

Hi, are there any photos of new version available? 

w2AKZz2.jpg

kda4uON.jpg

Edited by L&R
  • Like 2

CFBG Team

Nice. Do you still use the old lock mechanism (on the right)? 

I have the old version but I guess yes, reverse is more interesting than worm for me :). I am tempted to add some additional control as RPM and reverse on my own :)

CFBG Team

I just wanted to sing a few praises of the Hedone Honne Slim grinder.

I bought one late in 2019 and I am really happy with this grinder.

Pluses-

*minimal wastage.

*really quick.

*makes a really satisfying sound when working on beans.

*most importantly, the shots made from this grinder reliably have more depth and ‘gusto’ than with other grinders that I have owned and used. This includes Robur, HG1, Helor Stance Motor and (dare I say it) MonCon2.

Minuses-

*might wake up sleeping people when grinding. It is quite loud.

The Honne is my go-to grinder and I am glad that I took the plunge and ordered it.

Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, Paolo5 said:

I just wanted to sing a few praises of the Hedone Honne Slim grinder.

*most importantly, the shots made from this grinder reliably have more depth and ‘gusto’ than with other grinders that I have owned and used. This includes Robur, HG1, Helor Stance Motor and (dare I say it) MonCon2.

*might wake up sleeping people when grinding. It is quite loud.

The Honne is my go-to grinder and I am glad that I took the plunge and ordered it.

Re: taste, it looks like all the other grinders you've tried are conicals. Perhaps you are mostly tasting the flavour of well aligned flats which many people prefer for flavour depth and clarity.

Re: sound, is it the motor itself that's loud, or the machine vibrating etc? I read about some people putting little foam pads on the bottom of the grinder to reduce noise from it vibrating on the surface.

Edited by HBLP

I am expecting a Helor Lagom P64 within the next week or so. It will be good to compare the Honne to the P64.

The grinder is quiet when operating without beans. Add beans and it turns into a different beast altogether.

I really like the sound. It's not actually vibrations that make the 'V8' growl...it's the unique sound (to the Honne) of the beans being turned into fluffy grounds.

Its sound is like starting plane jet engine :)

• Haha 1

CFBG Team

The best price for Hedone Honne (new version 2020) at the moment is EUR 1300 + shipping. Optional anti - retention module it's extra 100 EUR.  

kda4uON.jpg

Is that funnel 3D printed?

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..