onluxtex

Hedone Honne grinder

Interesting, priced at about €1000 its significantly cheaper than its similar brethren.

Interesting, priced at about €1000 its significantly cheaper than its similar brethren.

Honne 865,-- Black Friday (regular 965,--)

Dosing Unit 75,--

Tumbler 35,--

TNT 115,-

Packing 50,--

I think there will be no tax and other import charges on top.

Edited by onluxtex

Looks very interesting

¿ ǝsǝɥʇ pɐǝɹ ǝuoʎuɐ sǝop

Looks very interesting

The one from the german forum who bought it is very happy with it. Good workmanship and good grinding result.

I could not find any sales links.....have others?
No, I did look all I could find was an enquiry form here:

https://www.hedonecafe.ro/shop/rasnita-profesionala-honne/

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

It seems to me that this is yet another result of insufficient patent protection on the part of Versalab. It looks (as dfk says) more than remarkably similar to the M3 (and David and I have both owned them). Even the red knob looks the same.

Now that I have the ultimate grinder, I'm not interested is buying one but it is an interesting development.

David

An espresso machine and a grinder - who wants to read a whole list?

It seems to me that this is yet another result of insufficient patent protection on the part of Versalab. It looks (as dfk says) more than remarkably similar to the M3 (and David and I have both owned them). Even the red knob looks the same.

Now that I have the ultimate grinder, I'm not interested is buying one but it is an interesting development.

David

Looking at some videos on Youtube, it even makes the perfect donut......just for 50% of the price! There is a thread on plagiarism on one of the worldwide threads, hence my statement

David

Having patents to my name I can tell you it is not easy. On something like a grinder (with a huge volume of prior art) unless you can show that your ideas are trully novel (not just a better version) or clearly solving a problem that current grinders don't you will not get a patent. You also need the funds in advance of going public with the design to bank-roll the application (think £5-100k per patent).

So for instance the Decient Espresso approach benefits from the shared communal development but nothing on the thread could be patented now as it is already 'published'. If they sought to protect any areas of the design the patent application date would have to pre-date any other 'publication' date.

The fax machine was a fantastic invention, but totally redundant until someone else bought one........

In the romanian coffee net they discuss a lot abot this grinder.

Versalab has not patent for their grinder, so it seem there is no problem to copy it.

I don´t know if the Titus from Frank has a patent.

Google tranlater will help.

http://www.espressoman.ro/forum/Thread-Rasnita-de-cafea-Honne-by-Hedone?highlight=Hedone+Honne

Is there a way of translating the whole link? Normally Chrome does this but will not this time

You can't patent an existing idea, the only question is if you consider it morally incorrect. Let's not forget the burr design was not originated by VL.

Design patents are possible, but as has been said, not once published.

In Germany someone is selling his new Hedone for €1066 incl. tumbler without dosing unit. 5 years warranty. It is from the blach friday deal.

He is having a Strietmann Lever and the portafilter doesn`t fit.

The good ting is there are more fokus on alignment than versalab :whistle:

I had several email communications with them in English a few months back. I'm in the U.S. and shipping and related costs pushed the price into the range of a Monolith Conical so I didn't make the purchase. It looks very well engineered. http://hedonecafe.ro

ACS Minima Beta, Mini Vivaldi, Casadio Enea grinder, ROC grinder, Niche Zero

Link to a user manual in English.

Actually that is the old one, there are some major changes in the new version.

Also want to share my "sweet spot" with you :)

BS1999-6.jpg

BS1999-5.jpg

Hello everybody,

I'm a new member here and first want to apologize for my English. If you can not understand me, I would use the google translator in the future. I come from Berlin in Germany and read a lot of topics in the Kaffee-Netz forum. From the few topics I've read here meanwhile i like the way this forum describes and discusses different topics.

My main question to the Hedone Honne users is whether they can describe their positive and negative experiences with this grinder?

For me the grinder is interesting because I like the design and the technical construction. But I don't know how the taste is. Maybe someone can tell me the differences to other single dosing grinders like Niche zero, HG-1, Malvani Livi, CB-1 or also to classic Italian grinders like an Ceado E37s or an Eureka Olympus 75e or Mazzer SJ?

I have made a test with an hg1 vs honne and the resuls where really interesting. The flavours were clearer and the freshnes was accentuated.

The retention with 20g is less then 0.1-0.3g.

mazzer sj, eureka and ceado are not quite good with single dosing, and the grinding resuls are good only if you let the coffee in the hopper.

if you are interested in something you can PM me.

Edited by MLG