NAJB

Sold: Expobar Leva Dual Boiler (not the plumbed-in version)

This is an advert for my recently replaced espresso machine.

I bought it new from BellaBarista on Jan 4 2013 (I still have the receipt).

It suffered a leaking relief valve in 2015, which was replaced and throughout its life has been regularly de-scaled and cleaned. Otherwise I have had no problems with it. It has delivered around 3000 espressos in its time with me and provided an excellent follow-on from a Gaggia that I had used before treating myself to a retirement present. A slippery slope.

Initially I used (Brita) filtered water and then moved over to Volvic bottled water.

The item has had a thorough service and inspection at BB, there is a receipt for all the work carried out, which will transfer to the new owner. The pump was replaced, alongwith the group head gasket and the shower screen plus a full service of the group head itself.

It is now as-new, minor wear from use excepted.

It comes with

The (somewhat amusing) Expobar instruction manual, plus the excellent BB-written detailed instructions on use and maintenance.

A single portafilter with double and single baskets and a blind filter for backflushing

A tamper

Cleaning brush

I will accept offers based on £600, which will include P&P (UK ONLY, I am afraid) from BB in Wellingborough. The purchaser could collect from BB if preferred. BB cannot demonstrate the machine though.

Here are the pictures (apologies for the odd orientation, it was hard to double guess what the uploader was going to do)

IMG_2238.jpg

IMG_2233.jpg

IMG_2234.jpg

IMG_2236.jpg

IMG_2229.jpg

Edited by NAJB

ECM Synchronika, Olympus 75, Dalian Amazon, Gene Cafe and a small quantity of green beans

Does this model have a PID?

Home: Fracino Classico, Mazzer Major

Office: Fracino Little Gem, Mazzer Royal, Anfim Super Best (Decaf)

Yes it has a PID. It will be better when I have some pictures to post. But in the meantime

expobar-leva-twin-boiler-coffee-machine_2.jpg

ECM Synchronika, Olympus 75, Dalian Amazon, Gene Cafe and a small quantity of green beans

That looks like a great buy for somebody. How is it that just after you buy bigger and better things appear at really good prices ;)

Sure I am not the first or will not be the last person to post such thoughts. No brainer for anybody who wants a decent DB but who would struggle to buy it new. Where is the gentleman who was interested in the Unica I purchased. This is the one for you!

Vesuvius, Mazzer Major Doserless, Genecafe, Push Tamper,Motta Leveller, Cheap scales

I so need something like this in my life. Single boiler faff is wearing me down.

How long was it run on the Brita filter, how often did you descale and how hard is your water?

This should go quickly.

I so need something like this in my life. Single boiler faff is wearing me down.

How long was it run on the Brita filter, how often did you descale and how hard is your water?

This should go quickly.

be quick then good starter this good price as well

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Machine is the 2013 model, not sure whether it has been updated by Expobar since. I am pretty confident it is the same model that BB are currently selling for around £1200.

Machine never saw our tapwater (very hard in Suffolk). BB (Jordan) reported that the machine as very clean, but every 3 months or so it was always de-scaled according to the BB manual. It is a laborious process but gets the job done.

Yes please - I will take this at £600 including P&P

Edit: I may also be able to collect from BB.

Edited by RikA

Expobar Leva Dual Boiler | Fracino Cherub | La Pavoni Europiccola | Mazzer Super Jolly | Mazzer Royal

Chuffed - this is exactly the machine I was looking for.

NAJB - let's discuss logistics via PM.

Expobar Leva Dual Boiler | Fracino Cherub | La Pavoni Europiccola | Mazzer Super Jolly | Mazzer Royal

Good man. That was a faster result than I was expecting.

How do you want to pay?

I am now away for the weekend, but will be available via email.

I will send you a PM with my contact details

Thanks - have emailed you.

best regards,

Rik

Enjoy your Expobar

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png