IGNORED

Eureka Mignon XL dial modification

RossP

On 15/03/2020 at 12:04, hubcap said:

@RossP, I would be interested but I'll not hold my breath as you started this two and a half years ago.

I would think you have lost your original buyers by now.

I've now changed my mind - the op @RossP has been on the forum and can't be arsed to answer, so forget it.

I have 10 dial faces, 10 stainless steel sheet ‘indicator’ strips, 10 aluminium rings and necessary grub screws.

The work needed to finish these is fairly minimal. The rings need to be finished and polished - they’re currently still rough from laser cutting. They need to be drilled and tapped to accept the grub screw, then dials epoxy glued on top.

I don’t have the time to complete, would like to see them go to use. Open to offers if anyone is interested in finishing the project.

Thanks for your understanding,

Ross 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hello. 

While I am somewhat handy, properly drilling into a cylindrical object may tax my limited skillet to a dangerous point  XD. 

The rest of the required tasks seem like things I could certainly do. 

Do you think you might be able to drill/tap the pieces? I can finish the project and offer up 9 for sale to anyone still interested.

OH yeah there's a small caveat : I'm based in Toronto Canada.

Edited by MihirG
Caveat

On 18/05/2020 at 14:22, MihirG said:

Hello. 

While I am somewhat handy, properly drilling into a cylindrical object may tax my limited skillet to a dangerous point  XD. 

The rest of the required tasks seem like things I could certainly do. 

Do you think you might be able to drill/tap the pieces? I can finish the project and offer up 9 for sale to anyone still interested.

OH yeah there's a small caveat : I'm based in Toronto Canada.

Thanks MihirG,

To be honest, if I was to go to the effort of drilling and tapping the discs I would probably just finish them myself!

The prototype is no longer in my possession! It was released into the wild when I sold my espresso setup - again due to lack of time. I’m now fuelled entirely by filter.

• 4 months later...

Unlike others I’m not in any hurry. His stuff was well made and I’ll happily wait for a response for a while. If I find an alternate option I’ll update this thread to that effect. Been looking at 3D printing as a possible way to achieve something similar in a way I can manage XD

On 24/09/2020 at 23:54, MihirG said:

I’ll take the 10 if you still have those. 

I’ll figure out the tapping.

Amazing!! Would be great to see the project finished off!!

Tap required is M3 x 0.5mm - need to tap through approx 17mm of the alu disc so look for a tap that has a long thin shaft. I had to grind down the shaft of my tap as it was fouling on the disc.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Saw this post and channelled the inner MacGyver in me (if you're old enough to remember the series) and converted a deodorant spray cap into a dial - trust me it was empty before I started.  Pulled it off and used the bottom part, you can see a line where it separates in the photo.

Not as elegant as what RossP had but does the job for now at least.

Alpesh

69351DCF-EC88-48B4-9C4B-BED7872E5CB4.jpeg

7A3E60BD-4CED-4DD2-88B2-6644BC7E3579.jpeg

74D57863-5A66-47ED-9F27-79C432AB8224.jpeg

Edited by Alpesh

• 2 months later...
On 28/02/2021 at 20:30, Alpesh said:

Alpesh

74D57863-5A66-47ED-9F27-79C432AB8224.jpeg

hi.... may i ask where you obtained the strip of numbers.?   self-adhesive..?

regards...john

..regards...................john...:coffee:

On 17/05/2021 at 18:47, yardbent said:

hi.... may i ask where you obtained the strip of numbers.?   self-adhesive..?

regards...john

Sorry thought I replied to this earlier.

I printed the strip and stuck it down on the dial with double-sided tape and it seems be fine.  Paper hasn't soiled with coffee oils either.

• Thanks 1