greymda

a dream come true - La Marzocco at home!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30916[/ATTACH]
Cattaccino please.

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Are you Dr evil or Mazzer Mini-Me?

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30916[/ATTACH]

Good job it isn't a Bosco, or that cat would be nicely steamed! Probably it's favourite place to be now lol

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Are you making your own "Kopi Luwak"

:D :D :D

oh noes...

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

I found the Sette an interesting grinder, taste wise. I sold mine relatively quickly because of the (continuing) known reliability factor. See if any forum members live near you and perhaps you could invite them around to ry out different grinders matey

 You did not get me this time 

This is my dream place...

It took a while until i've got here.

IMG_1433.jpeg

Interesting funnel on the Versalab, where did you get that from? I just use a plastic funnel with the end cut off (customised by coffeechap lol)

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Interesting funnel on the Versalab, where did you get that from? I just use a plastic funnel with the end cut off (customised by coffeechap lol)

That's not a Versalab, it's a Hedone Honne *slim version.

It comes with the grinder, but you can buy also later, it's a 3D printed funnel.

That's not a Versalab, it's a Hedone Honne *slim version.

It comes with the grinder, but you can buy also later, it's a 3D printed funnel.

So it has something in common with Frank 'Terranova's' grinder then. Both inspired by the Versalab M3. (won't say copied as Frank's grinders are a million miles away from the M3) :popcorn:

Not surprised there hasn't been more like the M3, its a good compact design IMHO.

Review says that the Honne had become “better” than the m3, still two real facts:

- good price

- the burrs are aligned in the factory as the last QC ( not like m3 or ek43 )

of course this could be also subiective facts.. :-)

Review says that the Honne had become “better” than the m3, still two real facts:

- good price

- the burrs are aligned in the factory as the last QC ( not like m3 or ek43 )

of course this could be also subiective facts.. :-)

That's good then. Though some M3's have been 'Franked' as in the burr carrier on mine is machined to fit one flat burr, the other wont fit.. That's the tolerances.. Alignment is probably zero.. I have a set of coated burrs as well (beautiful to look at) but they won't fit :(

The EK43 I have was way out. Even the moving burr carrier is out by nearly 0.1mm. The micrometer I've used makes it look like a gramophone record when I turn it, and that's without the burr attached! I've got the fixed burr pretty well sorted, and after a lot of fiddling it's better aligned than it was. Even the Niche gives me less channelling lol. No wonder Frank is machining his own carriers and aligning them (for a price...)