Glenn

LSOL Announcements

Please could all subscribers keep an eye on this thread (and/or subscribe to it?) for important messages and updates regarding their subscriptions.

If you have any questions please don't hesitate to PM Daren :D

**Only @fatboyslim / @Daren should post here**

All other comments will be removed

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Well...looky here! Huge thank you to Glenn for giving us our own sub-forum. Now on to the first announcement...

There will be NO LSOL coffee in December. The current quarter finished in November with the Drop Coffee offering.

We'll be taking December off, except Daren who'll be badgering people, wishing to renew, for their hard earned monies.

We'll be starting up again in early January and I already have a great roaster lined up!

Keep an eye on your PMs as we go about the renewal process.

People wanting to join LSOL - we are not planning to increase the subscriber base at the moment. In the event of drop outs we may offer slots to fill those places.

For now there is no reserve list, any available slots will be offered on a first come first serve basis.

Stay tuned for more updates.

That's all folks!

Renewal time is upon us....before you all spend your subscription money on Christmas presents!

@Daren has sent out PMs already to previous subscribers. If you were a subscriber last quarter and haven't received a PM please contact Daren directly to indicate if voted for brex....you'll be staying with us or not :D

I'm hoping to keep up the quality of roasters previously featured but also try to sample new and upcoming roasters to see what they're made of.

We will also try to feature another European roaster if funds permit but no promises as cost can be a bit prohibitive.

If any of you have any thoughts or suggests please feel free to contact me and/or Daren with them.

***For people wanting to join, there will be limited numbers of 500G and 1KG slots available due to some drop-outs, official numbers and sign up when we've heard back from all previous subscribers***

Stay tuned...and enjoy the festive period :)

Just a quick update... I've almost got January's coffee all sorted (the coffee hasn't actually landed yet) but we are hoping for roasting and dispatch 3rd week in January (w/c 15th) and will be using 2nd class Royal Mail.

Plan your coffee purchases accordingly!

Still waiting to hear from a few previous subscribers before we can offer up subscription slots to people.

@Daren ;)

There are a few 1KG and 500G subscription slots available for the first quarter of 2018.

The sign up thread will be posted in this sub-section of the forum shortly...

[Please don't reply to this post or comment in this particular thread as it's for announcements only]

Edited by fatboyslim

Renewal PMs for next quarter have gone out. If you are a current subscriber and haven't received a PM please contact Daren.

There may be some open slots available if we have any drop outs. Stayed tuned :D

[Please don't reply to this post or comment in this particular thread as it's for announcements only]

Just for info, we may be quite late for April or it may even be early May. Apologies for this but these gosh-darn roasters aren't playing nice :(

I advise everyone to assume a late dispatch and so plan coffee purchases accordingly.

Apologies once again.

Just for info, we may be quite late for April or it may even be early May. Apologies for this but these gosh-darn roasters aren't playing nice :(

I advise everyone to assume a late dispatch and so plan coffee purchases accordingly.

Apologies once again.

Damn it, don't post here! Next one is probably going to be early June. I'm not sure it's even arrived from origin yet. Will keep you all updated as soon as I know anything.

Just a friendly reminder. Please don’t post comments/questions in this thread otherwise they will be removed.

Thank-you.

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

As of right now, you can expect the 3rd coffee of this quarter to land in July, either middle of or towards then end.

I didn't want to do anything last minute and this way I can offer more consistently good coffees.

If you would like to lodge a complaint please PM @Daren with even the slightest of inconveniences. We also have that Outpost discount if anyone wants to try their new coffees.

Evening all,

It's time again for you coffee enthusiasts to renew your subscription to LSOL. I will always try to get the best coffees I can, don't doubt this. So renew now :D

Existing subscribers will shortly receive a PM from @Daren with the details. There will be a limited number of new slots available. Stay tuned.

Prices per quarter are now: £73 of 1KG a month... and £42 for 500g a month

Cheers

FBS

Edited by fatboyslim

I'll PM you once the existing subscribers have confirmed their intentions

Messages to subscribers going out later today

Were there any new slots @fatboyslim?

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

Blah Blah Blah - it makes coffee

Yes - please wait for the message. Ta

i will be more than happy to renew. This is the ultimate coffee subscription imo. shall i wait for a pm to pay?

Rocket Giotto Evo, Mythos, Torr x 2, Rapha Chris King Tamper (coz they are cool), VST's, Hausgrind, Airgrind, Hario Slim, Chemex, Aeropress, Oomph, Puck Puck, Bialetti, Black Acaia scales, Acia Lunas,fresh beans

A quick reminder folks, only FBS & Daren to post in this thread. All other comments will be removed.

Thanks.

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Hi coffee friends. Things are progressing. I think I've pretty much got the next quarter all lined up. It's going to be a good'un!

We'll get to the business of renewals towards the end of Feb.

Stay tuned...

@Darenwill be sending out renewal details very soon, keep an eye out! Got 2 cracking new roasters and a firm forum favourite lined up for next quarter.

Cheers

• Like 2

Hello everyone, this is the new world order speaking..... ;)

@darren will be sending out the renewal notices  very soon once we get everyone's response back we will let you know if we have any spare seats.

We have some great roasters in the pipeline for this quarter now captain Ethiopian is out the chair (he is behind the scenes like a malevolent force and provided suitable guidance so don't worry too much)

@coffeechap has introduced me to the first roaster who he was  already talking to and they have an amazing bean lined up for us and the other roasters are all very excited about supplying us with 'Juicy Bangers'

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Mr LSOL - November offering here -> Clicky <-

This quarters renewal PM's should be with subscribers now - if I've missed you please PM me.

Ta

• Like 2

Hi all

We have a few places available for 1kg subscribers (cost / quarter £73)

From the interest thread I see the following people were interested:

@Jon_Foster

@Rom

@MediumRoastSteam

@Deeez Nuuutz

@ATZ

@igm45

@Bacms

Can you let me know (please PM me don't post on this thread) if you are still interested (and anyone else not in the list above) so that we can offer up the spaces we have.

Now, not to let on too much about this Q but there is a very high possibility we are going to have a top Euro roaster involved for the last month of the quarter...

Edited by Hairy_Hogg

**Only @Hairy_Hogg / @Daren should post here**

All other comments will be removed

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Invites for this quarter have been sent - limited numbers only so please respond quickly to avoid disappointment.

@Jon_Foster @Rom @MediumRoastSteam @Deeez Nuuutz @ATZ @igm45 @Bacms

Anyone else reading this - If you want in on the LSOL action please PM me and hopefully we can squeeze you in. We don't open up invites very often and will close applications very soon - so be quick!!!

(In case you have been living under a rock - LSOL (Lighter side of life) is a non profit subscription service offering lighter roast coffee delivered to your door on a monthly basis. It is run by volunteers. Each month we bring you the best coffee from different roasters. Coffee is delivered without the origin details being revealed so you can join in the threads guessing where its from. We reveal the origin towards the end of the month so you can see how good your taste senses are! Coffee is priced at £73 for 1kilo of LSOL delivered to your door each month for 3 months..... so that's 3 x 1kg)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Question to subscribers (and potential guests....)

I have lined up a Euro roaster but finances mean I will most likely have them for December, lets call it a Christmas Present. They have a very interesting bean for us, definitely a "juicy banger" and in the words of the roaster "I doubt they have ever tried anything like this before".

However...... We will need to charge an extra few quid as the roaster will need to ship all the beans to me, I will need to buy some secondary packaging and then send the beans out to everyone. I am happy to do the donkey work to get these out but I need to know that everyone would be happy with paying an extra (estimated) £3 (ish) quid for the next quarter to make this happen. I can confirm the exact amount when I know that people are actually interested in this.

• Like 5

Please start a separate thread. This is for announcements only.

Thank-you 

Darren will be sending out the next quarter subscription renewals imminently, I will also be starting the December guest list early next week.

This is for several reasons. We have a Euro roaster for December and we have to confirm the list (which means getting all payments in) by the end of next week. They will be roasting on the 9th and sending out after that for me to repost to all subscribers and guests. However I am going to be out of the country early December so I need this done and dusted to make this as hassle free as possible.

Please look out for a message from Darren re renewals and possible opportunities to join (1 kilo slots only - sorry) and the guest list for December.

Also, there will be no extra cost for subscribers for the next Q - I have managed to resolve the cost of extra packaging with the roaster.

Edited by Hairy_Hogg
  • Like 5