Jony

Another Postage shocker!!

This is sickening. I've pretty much given up using couriers for anything I care about. Heavy fragile stuff especially.

The Artist Formerly Known As 'jonc' | All the gear, almost no idea.

Well update is they have refused my claim due to be not packed properly I'm now going to paypal claim, if not he can have the lot back wish now I had not signed for it!!

1C99A1EF-ACB1-4341-80FD-9FF20E913BC7_zpsxrutfddp.png

Edited by Jony

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Well update is they have refused my claim due to be not packed properly I'm now going to paypal claim, if not he can have the lot back wish now I had not signed for it!!

They have a point. Looks like the seller needs to sort this one

a grinder a lever and some beans

I had a similar issue with those idiots & decided to hand write an old fashioned letter to the manager as they appear purely online. Soon got it resolved.

Never again will I use them, absolutely shocking customer service

A machine, a grinder & some beans

Such a pity they didn't refuse to collect it on those grounds.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

So update paypal now said the photos are not enough evidence!! and want a invoice for a third party to confirm the damage and is it fixable,of my said case, not happy just so annoyed. In a few days it's being sold as I am very annoyed, already out of pocket 200gbp.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

So update paypal now said the photos are not enough evidence!! and want a invoice for a third party to confirm the damage and is it fixable,of my said case, not happy just so annoyed. In a few days it's being sold as I am very annoyed, already out of pocket 200gbp.

Getting an invoice is easy enough. Just ask the guy you bought it from to email you a receipt for the amount you paid......you just have to play them at their own game

It's been like over a week since anything from pp, then this morning give me a 4 day deadline for the paper work to be faxed to them. Really had enough now,haha

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

I didn't get that. Paypal wants an invoice and comments from a damage expertise or invoice for the grinder. If Its the invoice for the grinder it has been paid through paypal already, no?

Edited by Inspector

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

No an invoice of the said damage to see if it is fixable, which is only cosmetic damage, plus I over 100gbp in missing parts which now I have replaced at my own cost. I have had enough and my coffee adventure machine wise is over. It's going up in the valuations thread and being sold!! I'm not impressed with PP

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

No an invoice of the said damage to see if it is fixable, which is only cosmetic damage, plus I over 100gbp in missing parts which now I have replaced at my own cost. I have had enough and my coffee adventure machine wise is over. It's going up in the valuations thread and being sold!! I'm not impressed with PP
So you have the invoice for replacing the missing bits to send pp at least. Can't see why you can't get that expence back.

For the cosmetic damage you're looking at someone to quote you a price for new case etc.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

i would say it is not repairable. tell them to collect it and cover you to your limit. you should not have to fix it yourself

i would say it is not repairable. tell them to collect it and cover you to your limit. you should not have to fix it yourself

Bullet points are

• Details clearly describing the issue at hand
  • Letterhead containing contact information for the source of the documents so we can contact them if required

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

If this was done outside of ebay, did you pay as a gift ?

Did you advise the seller how to pack the gear (stupid to need to but looking at the gash job they made of it, maybe needed) ? Did they advise of how it would be packed ?

If this was my problem, I would be speaking to the seller and getting them to take the kit back for a full refund

Not sure how much paypal will help, depending on how payment was made. One look at the packaging and I'm sure that they will agree that its the packing that's at fault. Not sure whose issue they will see this as.

Outside ebay no gift!!! I don't do gift it should be banned,haha. I never uploaded the the reply form Parcel Monkey maybe now I should of done, seller as never responded to paypals emails not once. I asked for it to be put on a pallet as that is what I paid for via the company.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Lets hope that paypal will wrench the money from the sellers wallet

PP says I need to deal with said request for the 18th Monday or the case will be closed.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

And can you get that documentation for PP sorted? I have no knowledge about time limits etc, but these sound a bit unreasonable to me. Can you speak with your local citizens advice bureau, or some consumer rights body? E.g. Which? provide a legal advice service for about £50 per year. You may even have access to legal advice through insurance policies you might have got car/home insurance.

I think one thing that has not been taken up here was the mention of Negligence, raised by @dfk41. The courier did the inevitable by declining your claim in the hope you would then go away and "take it on the chin". The photos with the tyre print on the grinder go far beyond an accidental drop to me. If it was dropped how did someone then drive into/over it? The pallet should have been isolated after an accidental drop I would have assumed? I think a sterner letter to the courier is in order, disputing their decision and putting to them their processes and practices lack the duty of care a consumer might expect of them having placed items in their care.

Don't know if there might be a better legally minded person here than I. I am not qualified, but have experienced the need to stand up and face off against unfair decisions & attitudes and have won, albeit in a different area (don't imagine it is without stress though).

I would say try and get the Paypal demands satisfied first if you can. Then, if you get no further, focus on the courier.

Overall though see if you can get some sort of consumer advice as I mentioned above.

Good luck.

Any updates on this @Jony

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

This is why I will never send high value stuff by courier, and only offer collection.

Did the seller offer shipping? Only asking as you arranged it, and not them.

Profitec 700 | Compak E8

I paid shipping at 100 pound for a pallet service. this is why I am so annoyed.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

@Inspector no I have to take it to a shop, then confirm the damage then send a letter with the company logo on it, I have give up. They extended it til tomorrow, more then likely be seling it and sticking with my V60 until March.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

All done here is the reply!!

We've completed our review and unfortunately are not able to decide this case in your favor.

We never received a reply in response to our enquiries. Because we did not hear from you before the deadline provided, your case has been closed

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

Outside ebay no gift!!! I don't do gift it should be banned,haha. I never uploaded the the reply form Parcel Monkey maybe now I should of done, seller as never responded to paypals emails not once. I asked for it to be put on a pallet as that is what I paid for via the company.

So if you purchased through e-bay, surely you can just claim through e-bay themselves, they would surely support your case. Or did you make an offer outside ebay and have the seller close the listing early?

My reviews at http://coffeestuff.byethost12.com/ (now ad free)  Various Machines and grinders, Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/ (old site)