Features

Steam regulation

Thermometer

Temperature indicator light

3 switches with 3 indication lights

Power on/off control

Espresso brewing function

Milk frothing function

Removable water tank (approx. 1.2L capacity)

Drip tray with removable draining rack

Measuring spoon/presser

Steam nozzle for milk frothing

Filter holder with 2 filters and crema system

Pump pressure: approx. 15 bar

Includes. 40 minutes auto-shut off

Includes measuring spoon and coffee presser

Guarantee/Warranty

Free 3 year warranty

Brand: Ambiano

Colour: Gun metal

Cord Length: Approx. 100cm

Dimensions: Approx. 288 x 202 x 315 mm

Power: 1.1W

Product Type: Coffee Machines

Voltage: 230V, 50Hz

Weight: Approx. 4.55kg

no

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

I've no experience of that, but I'd suggest you get £50 worth of coffee machine, just as you would with a £50 main-brand one. You'd probably find (and this is purely speculation) its temperature control is imprecise and varies quite a lot during the pull of the shot, so you would struggle to get a decent and repeatable shot of coffee.For £50, you'd probably be better off getting a second-hand better machine. You're unlikely to get a Gaggia Classic etc for £50, but perhaps if you're prepared (and capable) you could get one that needs TLC and repair for that sort of money.

I'd guess that a lot who by that sort of machine will then use supermarket purchased ground coffee, and end up with a rather nasty coffee drink.

If £50 is your budget then perhaps a hand grinder (Hario etc), and either a filter system (V60 etc) or Aeropress (OK, it's not espresso but closer than normal filter and gives a lot of control), coupled with decent whole beans ground as you need them..

You need a weeks forum ban!! 50 pounds can get you a V60 and maybe a hand grinder in the for sales at a little stretch

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

I think @Stanic is really saying its a bargain and he hopes no one else beats him his local store. That coffee presser is a deal clincher.

If you listen closely you'll hear him heading to the car, to drive to the store, camp out and snap one up at opening time

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

what you think is wrong

I've got a similar POS krups machine hidden in the depths of my cellar covered with many boxes full of other stuff

and memories of me thinking how great the output was, suppressed somewhere deep too :D

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

That Aldi Espresso machine just oozes quality from every pore. I'll bet that crema system allows you to use supermarket pre-ground, this just adds to the convenience and the 3 year warranty means you will suffer at least 3 years with the machine. The Italians have a lot to learn because they can't produce a good machine and get close to that sort of pricing!

ACS Vesuvius DBPP, Izzo Duetto DB, Minima DB, Lelit Bianca Prototype DB (paddle flow control) BTC Machines: Roasters: Amazon Dalian 1kg Drum Roaster, other failed roasters: Grinders: Ceado E92, Niche US and UK: 145kg assorted greens: My reviews at https://coffeeequipmentreviews.wordpress.com/

That Aldi Espresso machine just oozes quality from every pore. I'll bet that crema system allows you to use supermarket pre-ground, this just adds to the convenience and the 3 year warranty means you will suffer at least 3 years with the machine. The Italians have a lot to learn because they can't produce a good machine and get close to that sort of pricing!

Look forward to your review :whistle::popcorn:;)

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

Aldi - the store of dreams, where the floors are wet with the tears of hope.

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Look forward to your review :whistle::popcorn:;)
LOL! If Dave takes one of those apart (physically as well as figuratively) he'll feel duty bound not to reassemble it in the public interest.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I think @Stanic is really saying its a bargain and he hopes no one else beats him his local store. That coffee presser is a deal clincher.

If you listen closely you'll hear him heading to the car, to drive to the store, camp out and snap one up at opening time

Coffee presser...... ha ha i like that, made me chuckle Glenn

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

Aldi - the store of dreams, where the floors are wet with the tears of hope.
Hahaha! That's got to be the most poetic thing ever uttered about a discount supermarket! Is that why they've got those yellow 'Rubbermaid' wet floor warning signs up near the fifty quid coffee machine aisle? (Or is it other fluids involuntarily released after people read the word 'coffee presser'?)

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

Lol. Come for the advice, stay for the snobbery!

Advice is in the comments, defo not snobbery just a waste of money. we may ahve saved you 50 pounds

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Ha ha ha maybe - but it’s amusing snobbery eh?!

Plumbed in Vesuvius - BWT Bestmax - Niche in Black. Aeropress and Aergrind

Live and Let Live

No love for a bit of banter?

OK, in true Brit fashion, I will speak up for the underdog!

Not to many years ago, when I made the rebirth from 'instant' and 'ersatz' coffee to supermarket pre ground, I found Aldi's Specially Selected Sidamo very nice and reasonably priced compared to any of the other major supermarket pre ground or beans.

My point is, if this £50 gadget plus some nondescript ground/beans excites a few peoples taste buds and makes them realise that there is another world of coffee , will it be a bad thing?

Unless you were brought up in a country that produces top coffees, I suspect most people on this forum, one way or another, have made the transition from instant, to ground, to beans, from supermarkets before discovering fresh artisan roast?

Holier Than Thou?

QED, the case for the defence rests!

To be fair, I started off with such a machine myself. Well, a Delonghi that was on sale for £50. Yes, it got me started (pressurised basket and blade grinder notwithstanding). Would I recommend someone buy one? No. Save the £50 and buy an Aeropress, Porlex and some beans. Good coffee doesn't have to mean expensive kit, but good espresso generally requires a minimum level of investment far greater than fifty quid, and to suggest otherwise is in nobody's interests. If I had have read the forum before buying my Delonghi, I would've been glad of that advice. Hopefully the OP will realise that we've saved him wasting £50, given him pointers as to how that budget might achieve good results, and had a bit of a laugh in the process.

OK, in true Brit fashion, I will speak up for the underdog!

Not to many years ago, when I made the rebirth from 'instant' and 'ersatz' coffee to supermarket pre ground, I found Aldi's Specially Selected Sidamo very nice and reasonably priced compared to any of the other major supermarket pre ground or beans.

My point is, if this £50 gadget plus some nondescript ground/beans excites a few peoples taste buds and makes them realise that there is another world of coffee , will it be a bad thing?

Unless you were brought up in a country that produces top coffees, I suspect most people on this forum, one way or another, have made the transition from instant, to ground, to beans, from supermarkets before discovering fresh artisan roast?

Holier Than Thou?

QED, the case for the defence rests!

I, like a few others have been down that road. Many years ago I was bought a blade grinder and a Philips espresso machine. Used it a couple of times, put it in the cupboard and eventually sent it to the charity shop.

Next step, some years later was espresso on a budget and that setup lasted only months.

I fear that this machine will suffer the same fate and is as likely to disappoint as it is to excite

The advise to spend the £50 on a hand grinder and brewed will, I suspect, provide greater satisfaction

a grinder a lever and some beans

I'm getting flashbacks to my bad coffee years where I also went through 4 or 5 krups machines and a blade grinder but then upgraded to a 20mm krups burr grinder ..............hang on I wasted hundreds on these instead of going for quality.

What pisses me off is that every supermarket carries numerous pretend espresso machine all promising fantastic coffee when in fact they are selling short life aspirational bling designed to separate the masses from their cash without any commitment to provide a machine that can deliver a quality experience.

Kapitalismus-510x432.jpg

keep calm and grind flat

In case the 'lol' and the exclamation mark weren't enough, I definitely laughed along with some of those comments, and I'm sure we're all a snob about at least one element of our lives!

I've kindly been given a delonghi machine and grinder which means I'm learning the basics so that hopefully once we've refurbished the house I'll know what I want to replace it.

Just posted the aldi machine out of interest. I know I've got loads to learn and this threads part of that process.

Onticoms,

Aside from plea for the defence and mitigating circumstances.....

In addition to the other fine suggestions about best value and longevity, please consider a stove-top aka a Mokka. If you abide by the instructions, and use a decent coffee, they produce a very acceptable espresso type brew.

Arguably, the original manufacturer still stands out against the competition.

After all, millions of Italians can't be wrong?

[quote=Batian;547538

After all, millions of Italians can't be wrong?

Yes they can! This is aimed at Nespresso users and the like who think it is an upgrade, then after a few shots of shite as they are using pre found supermarket coffee, go back to their Nespresso and produce a better shot

Yes they can! This is aimed at Nespresso users and the like who think it is an upgrade, then after a few shots of shite as they are using pre found supermarket coffee, go back to their Nespresso and produce a better shot
@dfk41 are you talking about the Aldi coffer machine the OP refers to or a mokka that @Batian is?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).