IGNORED

Eureka Grinder V60

Hi

Apologies didn’t know how to transfer my post from one section to another so the question below has also been asked in the ‘brewed coffee’ section.

——————-

I’d consider myself a newbie to coffee, I use a Hario Skerton grinder and a V60. I’ve learnt the value of weighing and timing my brews and I’m comfortable adjusting the grind size and playing with the timings to obtain a good tasting coffee.

Christmas is coming but Christmas on a budget! I thought about going up a notch and buying a Sage DTP but having thought about it I’m happy with my V60 and the only pain I have is I’m getting fed up off grinding. Solution and sensible way forward seems to be buy a grinder with my money as This can only improve the quality of my brews and stick with the V60 for now (until further funds become available).

My question is, “is a Eureka Mignon over kill for use with a V60?” I like the idea of the mignon as it has the long transferable warranty with Bella Barista, so if ‘heaven forbid’ I stop drinking, it should be easy to recover some of my money.

Thanks in advance for the advice

There are better qualified 'brewed' aficionados than me around here, though I do brew V60, areopress, Siphon & press via a handgrinder or two (work/home) and don't mind the task. I would for espresso though. The Knock grinders, the Lido's and maybe the Commandante would amaze you with their speed.

All said I doubt a Mignon is close to 'overkill' and I completely understand your desire to move away from the Hario ceramic grinder. It would be there for you when/if you decide to change your direction toward espresso.

Your approach is refreshing, it looks like you are appreciating the beans rather than the machines. Did you look through the for sale section. I am sure a couple of well cared for mignon's were offered there recently.

Hi

Apologies didn’t know how to transfer my post from one section to another so the question below has also been asked in the ‘brewed coffee’ section.

——————-

I’d consider myself a newbie to coffee, I use a Hario Skerton grinder and a V60. I’ve learnt the value of weighing and timing my brews and I’m comfortable adjusting the grind size and playing with the timings to obtain a good tasting coffee.

Christmas is coming but Christmas on a budget! I thought about going up a notch and buying a Sage DTP but having thought about it I’m happy with my V60 and the only pain I have is I’m getting fed up off grinding. Solution and sensible way forward seems to be buy a grinder with my money as This can only improve the quality of my brews and stick with the V60 for now (until further funds become available).

My question is, “is a Eureka Mignon over kill for use with a V60?” I like the idea of the mignon as it has the long transferable warranty with Bella Barista, so if ‘heaven forbid’ I stop drinking, it should be easy to recover some of my money.

Thanks in advance for the advice

Take a look at what's just come up

https://coffeeforums.co.uk/showthread.php?t=41340

Could fit the bill nicely