IGNORED

Eureka zenith problem

wilco

I've had my eureka zenith 65e for a week and there are coffee grinds at the LCD any body else had this .

The grinder comes from bella barista, who i have emailed two times asking for a solution .but theh have not replied .

Any solutions here from any body .thanks 

I've had my eureka zenith 65e for a week and there are coffee grinds at the LCD any body else had this .

The grinder comes from bella barista, who i have emailed two times asking for a solution .but theh have not replied .

Any solutions here from any body .thanks*

Picture?

Current: Lelit Elizabeth / Niche Zero / VST baskets / Distilled water + 100mg NaCO3/L

Previous: Gaggia Classic | Eureka Mignon | Rocket Cellini Evo | Profitec 700 | Profitec T-64 | Gene Cafe CBR-101 | Kinu M68 | Feldgrind 2 | La Pavoni Europiccola 2012

Also at: CoffeeTime Forum & Niche Zero Owners Group

It's rare but not unheard-of unfortunately. I was lucky, it never happened to me but I'm sure I've read on here that it happened to someone on here. If the grinder is new and there's not been a reply to your email I can only suggest phoning them.

If it was out of warranty then you'd probably want to be looking back a couple of years to when lots of people were running Zeniths as I'm sure I remember someone saying they had the same issue. From memory it means peeling off the Eureka badge to access screws that allow the dosing bit to be removed so you can get to the screen from behind. I'm sure it's described somewhere in the forum from 2-3 years ago, and equally sure it's not a 5 minute job. DavecUK would probably know how to do it after his thorough review, but seeing as I bought his (which didn't even have that problem) years ago it's a bit of a stretch to hope he'll remember in detail.

If it's still under warranty I wouldn't even think of it. Just have to call BB if you can't live with it. Sorry I can't post a better solution.

I believe it is a well documented problem on here and there have been other threads on this topic. I would pick up the phone and ring them. They are renowned for their customer service

It is hard to be humble when you are as great as I am Muhammed Ali February 25, 1964

Check the forum using the search tool for Eureka and grinds in screen.

Seem to recall there was a fix that someone came up for this as a number of owners inc myself when had one had a few grinds between the outer screen and the display. Was a fix from memory involving nothing more complicated than a piece of black tape above display that stopped the grinds getting in, the taking apart of the front was described well from memory as Eureka badge need to be heated to remove which then allowed you to see retaining screw.

Grinds make no difference to performance / operation and usually no more than a few; irritating but not affecting usage (unless full and you can't see the screen of course)

Hope of help

John

It's rare but not unheard-of unfortunately. I was lucky, it never happened to me but I'm sure I've read on here that it happened to someone on here. If the grinder is new and there's not been a reply to your email I can only suggest phoning them.

If it was out of warranty then you'd probably want to be looking back a couple of years to when lots of people were running Zeniths as I'm sure I remember someone saying they had the same issue. From memory it means peeling off the Eureka badge to access screws that allow the dosing bit to be removed so you can get to the screen from behind. I'm sure it's described somewhere in the forum from 2-3 years ago, and equally sure it's not a 5 minute job. DavecUK would probably know how to do it after his thorough review, but seeing as I bought his (which didn't even have that problem) years ago it's a bit of a stretch to hope he'll remember in detail.

If it's still under warranty I wouldn't even think of it. Just have to call BB if you can't live with it. Sorry I can't post a better solution.

Thanks for that it's very helpful....i will have to call them

You're a star thanks .would this invalidate my warranty if j did this
I'm guessing that in any normal situation the answer might be yes. Bella Barista are very reasonable when it comes to stuff like this and I know they've authorised one customer to carry out a repair to his own machine using parts supplied by them under warranty as he was not in the UK. I think you should decide whether it is something you are comfortable doing, and if so, call them to check what effect this might have on the warranty. They may well offer to fix it, but then again they might be happy that a more pragmatic solution is at hand and agree that the warranty would remain intact. That would be at their discretion though so one way or another a phone call is in order. But at least now you know how to sort it. Cheers.