DogandHat

Dog and Hat Founder Member Deal

Definitely great value IMO, for the ease and excitement of receiving three bags of coffee, from three different roasters each month landing on my door for £21. Yes I could buy a single roaster sub for less... But then I wouldn't have the breadth of roasters. Or I could buy 1kg at a time for under £20 but then I'd have 1kg of the same bean to drink. This way there is great variety at a relatively low cost (once the cost of shipping from multiple roasters is added)

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Hey guys, thanks very much for the opinions, think I’m gonna keep my subscription ongoing, once I’m well again.

dog and hat, any thoughts on offering a decaf option in the future?

Hey guys, thanks very much for the opinions, think I’m gonna keep my subscription ongoing, once I’m well again.

If you could consider decaf option that would be of interest to me too.

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

I found it took a bit of work, but yes a faster pull and it was delicious. Good in French press too. I lost the subtlety in the aeropress, but I'm pretty ham fisted.

Now to decide which bag to open after my final shot this morning...

3rd this...

Had a couple of cups at 1:2 around 30 second mark.

Opened it up to 18 in 42 out in 25 seconds and it's like a different bean.

Lovely almost alcoholic orange tang and really surprised by how much mouthfeel it maintained.

Gone from OK to excellent in 2 clicks of the grinder.

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

To further the above, if there was a decaf option I’d instantly increase from 2 bag to 3 bag subscription!

I found the keen hard going. Had to be a course grind and took me a while to get it anywhere near right. But it was still ok in milky drinks.

Much preferring the vagabond on the go now. Not quite got it sweet enough at the moment. Might grind a bit courser. Currently 1:2 ratio bit it’s a slow extraction on my dtp at around 36 seconds.

Excellent question!!!!

We have been thinking about how to introduce decaf into the mix for a while now and we’ve have had a couple of thoughts.

1. A dedicated 2x bag decaf subscription
  2. Ability to purchase a decaf bag into yourexisting subscription from the members only area.

We’d be really keen to hear how many people would be interested, and how they’d like to see it work.

We’ve gone away to speak to some of our roasters, and we might look to introduce option 2 as a trial this month to see how it goes – we willkeep everyone posted.

From our point of view, the key challenges with offeringdecaf are going to be volume and choice (not all roasters offer a decafoption, and of those that do there’s invariably just one to choose from).

emoji251.png&emoji145.png

Definitely great value IMO, for the ease and excitement of receiving three bags of coffee, from three different roasters each month landing on my door for £21. Yes I could buy a single roaster sub for less... But then I wouldn't have the breadth of roasters. Or I could buy 1kg at a time for under £20 but then I'd have 1kg of the same bean to drink. This way there is great variety at a relatively low cost (once the cost of shipping from multiple roasters is added)

This pretty much sums up my feelings on this sub too. Great to try new roasters and beans, that otherwise I may not have.

I’m really enjoying the subscription! The value extends to more than just the coffeee as @MildredM has said: the community, comparing and discussing (or thread lurking if you’re me!), trying different and varied roasters, the customer service (Su has been fantastic so far) and company interaction with forum users. Well worth the monthly fee to me.

As @igm45 said, trying beans from further afield is great added value too. I’d never have bought Keen as I assume the shipping would further add to the price of beans, which are already about £7 a bag, and with so many roasters on our little island they’d probably never get a look in as I work my way around, but the Jaguara offering is superb and I’d definitely like to try more of their stuff in future.

My only comment is that as a novice it would be nice to see some recipe suggestions to give an idea of good starting places. I’m picking a few bits up from thread comments, but it would be great to have some ideas included with the monthly booklet. So far I’m starting at 1:2/30s but my tastebuds struggle to work out what needs changing and where etc. Perhaps some recipes would help amateurs like myself?!

Anyway, keep up the great work D&H!

Morning John, thank you for the feedback. Next month we will add the roaster recipes and our experiences. In fact for the Fuyan Django will be supporting a Facebook post for discussion on the coffee. This will enable subscribers to ask questions and feed back to the roaster on their experiences and brew methods. Su

Morning John, thank you for the feedback. Next month we will add the roaster recipes and our experiences. In fact for the Fuyan Django will be supporting a Facebook post for discussion on the coffee. This will enable subscribers to ask questions and feed back to the roaster on their experiences and brew methods. Su

Amazing! As I say, great customer service and interaction!

I too would subscribe if you had the option of one being decaf out of the three each month

thats awesome! Nice one d&h

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Now on to the Island beans

Tightened the grind up, dispensed .... absolutely nothing as I'd not put the beans in the hopper

Ground the beans and got the grind pretty much spot on first time

Another great bean

Creamy mouthfeel, dark sugar, touch of prune / dark fruit flavour and a bit of lemon acidity

a grinder a lever and some beans

Haven't cracked in to either bean yet! They are on ice and my next bag to open will be the Vagabond I think. Had a lot of African coffee recently so looking forward to something different

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Excellent question!!!!

We have been thinking about how to introduce decaf into the mix for a while now and we’ve have had a couple of thoughts.

1. A dedicated 2x bag decaf subscription
  2. Ability to purchase a decaf bag into yourexisting subscription from the members only area.

We’d be really keen to hear how many people would be interested, and how they’d like to see it work.

We’ve gone away to speak to some of our roasters, and we might look to introduce option 2 as a trial this month to see how it goes – we willkeep everyone posted.

From our point of view, the key challenges with offeringdecaf are going to be volume and choice (not all roasters offer a decafoption, and of those that do there’s invariably just one to choose from).

Hmmmm,

I don't envy your position on this one. I too would like a decaf option, my preference would be an add-on as opposed to it being part of the sub.

I'm sure you have seen the LSOL running on the forum, a while ago I attempted a decaf alternative.

I found sourcing the beans was a problem, told by many roasters that demand wasn't there.

The other issue you may find is that decaf can be, well.... Poor. Even from reputable roasters, I know this isn't always the case but this will reduce your options further.

Decaf is hit/miss for sure and will be a minefield fo you guys.

Good luck, I have every faith you will come up with a decent solution.

Hmmmm,

I don't envy your position on this one. I too would like a decaf option, my preference would be an add-on as opposed to it being part of the sub.

I'm sure you have seen the LSOL running on the forum, a while ago I attempted a decaf alternative.

I found sourcing the beans was a problem, told by many roasters that demand wasn't there.

The other issue you may find is that decaf can be, well.... Poor. Even from reputable roasters, I know this isn't always the case but this will reduce your options further.

Decaf is hit/miss for sure and will be a minefield fo you guys.

Good luck, I have every faith you will come up with a decent solution.

It certainly is a bit tricky… but we do like a challenge.

In the short term we’re going to trial the introduction of a decaf coffee from one of our monthly roasters as an optional additional bag in the members area of the website - https://dogandhat.co.uk/collections/members-area

It’s live now, and this month's coffee is Pharmacie’s Colombia San Augustin Sugarcane Decaf.

We’re still looking into ways to make all the options work,but we thought we'd start somewhere.

Hi, is there still a forum discount or deal?

Indeed there is :-) Either a £5 rebate off your first month's order or a free bag of coffee... just ping us your cfuk name when you order, say which you want and we'll sort it for you.

Indeed there is :-) Either a £5 rebate off your first month's order or a free bag of coffee... just ping us your cfuk name when you order, say which you want and we'll sort it for you.

Great thanks

Hoppenworth and Ploch (based in Frankfurt) is the newest roaster coming on-board in our subs and we are showcasing their Tanzania direct trade coffee this month.

Alongside this, we also have Dear Green’s washed Burundi for our filter and 3x assorted box subscribers.

We’re just finalising the 3rd coffee, but hope to have this posted very soon.

Head over to https://dogandhat.co.uk/collections/march-subscriptionto take a look... and don’t forget the CFUK offer for new subscribers.

Edited by DogandHat

Hoppenworth and Ploch (based in Frankfurt) is the newestroaster coming on-board in our subs and we are showcasing their Tanzania directtrade coffee this month.

Alongside this, we also have Dear Green’s washed Burundi forour filter and 3x assorted box subscribers.

We’re just finalising the 3rd coffee, but hope tohave this posted very soon.

Head over to https://dogandhat.co.uk/collections/march-subscriptionto take a look... and don’t forget the CFUK offer for new subscribers.

Wow,

Massively excited by this!

The fact that you have yet another European roaster (that I otherwise wouldn't have tried) is fantastic. You are building a great service here, at brilliant value.

@Jon_Foster this is the subscription service I was talking about on your thread

Not only another new European roaster but a new coffee region for me too. Great !;)

Edited by Hibbsy

• About
    Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 24000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:
    We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard. Please read our Terms of Use.

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Click Here To Buy Advertising Space 
    £100 p/m when paid yearly, up-to: 690000 banner impressions per month!

Donate / Sponsor

Click Here To Donate (big thank you!)

Get Your Supporter Badge Today (per year)

image.png