DogandHat

Dog and Hat Founder Member Deal

Three days in with the Vagabond offering. Tasting notes are spot on.

The bitter orange is more prominent with a finer grind

a grinder a lever and some beans

It's lush isn't it! I've just got the end of the bag.

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

The vagabond is the first coffee I had where I was able to positively identify the notes before reading them on the pack. Loving this coffee.

It's lush isn't it! I've just got the end of the bag.

Lovely coffee. I wasn't impressed with the first cup but I coarsened the grind and was amazed at the diffference

Lovely coffee. I wasn't impressed with the first cup but I coarsened the grind and was amazed at the diffference
I found it took a bit of work, but yes a faster pull and it was delicious. Good in French press too. I lost the subtlety in the aeropress, but I'm pretty ham fisted.

Now to decide which bag to open after my final shot this morning...

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

Just nearing the end of the Island Roasted - Finca Los Mangos - Honduras

Again, chocolate and honey. Good body.

Really enjoying it. 18.4g. > 32g 25s

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you all know that the coffee for Febuary has been selected and you can find out more about it here - https://dogandhat.co.uk/blogs/news/february-subscription-coffee.

Happy New Year

Su and Dave

PEOPLE POWER!

Afternoon all, we've had so many people get in touch to ask if they were getting the Django Fuyan coffee (we were planning it for the assorted subscriptions only) that we've swapped around the makeup of the subscriptions for this month... the Django Fuyan will now go out to everyone (including Filter subscribers) and the Long and Short Costa Rica will be in the Assorted Subscriptions.

Of course if you like the look of all three of these amazing coffees (#warning# - shameless sales plug coming-up) - you can always email us and swap yourself onto the 3x Assorted Subscription Box.

Su and Dave

emoji251.png&emoji145.png

So excited to be getting all three. I didn't even know China produces coffee. I'd be really interested to know more about the growers (will that be coming in the booklet?)

Did someone say coffee?

So excited to be getting all three. I didn't even know China produces coffee. I'd be really interested to know more about the growers (will that be coming in the booklet?)
All the deets over on their page:

https://www.djangocoffeeco.com/collections/coffee-beans-online-order-coffee-online/products/china-fuyan-yunnan

Seems they are surprised by Chinese coffee too!

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Just started the Keen offering

Chocolate, wallnuts and as the coffee cools the natural processing shows itself more with a sherry finish

Very easy drinking

@DogandHat could I offer feedback/an idea please.

I have opted for a 2 bag subscription however some months I might like the lool of the 3rd roaster. Or even want 500g of the same one.

Could there be an option to add bag(s) to a delivery?

Thank you for raising this feature request - After some head-scratching we have finally implemented the ability to add extra bags to your box.

Once you sign up for a subscription you can create an account to log onto our site. Once logged on you can now access the new ‘Members Area’, in which you can now purchase extra bags from any of the roasters that month. Orders must be placed by the 20th of the month.

Our subscription boxes can handle up to 1750g (so 7x 250g bags in total) which keeps us under the 2kg weight limit. Parcels containing a high value of coffee will be sent Royal mail small parcel 2nd class ‘signed for’ (a cost we’ll absorb so it’s still free postage to you – but with added peace of mind for all).

Its brand new, so all feedback welcome!

Su

james Hoffmann is predicting a bit of a surge in higher quality coffee from China this year according to his latest video. Maybe a square mile Chinese coffee will be on the market in the next 12 months?

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Hi there,

ive had to pause my subscription because of medical problems.

im considering cancelling my subscription because even at the founder member level it seems dearer than other subscriptions such as the excellent django coffee. At £7 each per bag of coffee is this service better, I’m in need of convincing.

Hi there,

im considering cancelling my subscription because even at the founder member level it seems dearer than other subscriptions such as the excellent django coffee. At £7 each per bag of coffee is this service better, I’m in need of convincing.

Hi @apache64, in my opinion, the real pull of the Dog and Hat subscription is the multi roaster aspect. It allows you to try coffee selected as well as roasted by different companies to explore different styles and takes on the coffee world. Hasbean and Rave etc are all a tiny bit cheaper for their subscription, but if you want variety of roast styles among other things, I'd recommend these guys for now. Bare in mind, they're still in their infantcy and have already supplied some great beans!

Espresso - Sage DB. Eureka Mignon.

Brewed - Lido E. Aeropress. v60. CCD. French Press

Hi @apache64, in my opinion, the real pull of the Dog and Hat subscription is the multi roaster aspect. It allows you to try coffee selected as well as roasted by different companies to explore different styles and takes on the coffee world. Hasbean and Rave etc are all a tiny bit cheaper for their subscription, but if you want variety of roast styles among other things, I'd recommend these guys for now. Bare in mind, they're still in their infantcy and have already supplied some great beans!
That was my thinking when I went for the deal too. It's a fantastic way of trying several different roasters without having to search them out myself setting up several different accounts.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Hi there,

Hi Apatche,

I hear what you are saying about Django. I'm on my 3rd subscription with them and have recommended them for a long time. Their prices are cheap, against the market grain cheap, even then look at their website now and their coffees are between £6.45 and £6.85 for 250g.

Even James Gourmet who are known for great reasonable priced beans are £7.65 delivered.

£14 for two bags delivered, of which one last month was a Dutch roaster to me is a massive bargain.

I bulk buy subscription from Django for cheap high quality beans and I will continue with D & H to try a great variety of roasters at a very reasonable price.

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Ditto @igm45

The chance to try different roasters, beans from roasters I wouldn’t usually try, and enjoying the banter as we all try our beans and post our findings - sharing what we got out of them and how to get even more. Oh and the excellent service from D&H, a truly personalised service (as far as a sub can be) with little extras such as the booklet, the little red/blue dot beans to taste test, and probably similar fun to come!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I found it took a bit of work, but yes a faster pull and it was delicious..

Agreed - bitter orange is a great descriptor for it. Just had a first shot this morning with it

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback. It is a fact that there are some roasters that Dog & Hat just can never be as cheap as in isolation… but at the same time there are many others that are terrific value when included in our subs, in the end we are a multi roaster sub, not single roaster.

We hope you are better soon, and can join us back in a sub!

Su

Thank you for the kinds comments here - We created the Founder Member group offer to help forge a community-spirit, with a group of like minded coffee lovers to help kick start us on our way, it’s more than just a discount for us - we think we have achieved that, hopefully making some good friends along the way too!

Thank you

Su

Thank you for the kinds comments here - We created the Founder Member group offer to help forge a community-spirit, with a group of like minded coffee lovers to help kick start us on our way, it’s more than just a discount for us - we think we have achieved that, hopefully making some good friends along the way too!

Thank you

Su

Keep up the good work,

It's pretty clear from this thread alone that we are enjoying your products and wonderful service.

Thank you

Su

Thank YOU :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I’m really enjoying the subscription! The value extends to more than just the coffeee as @MildredM has said: the community, comparing and discussing (or thread lurking if you’re me!), trying different and varied roasters, the customer service (Su has been fantastic so far) and company interaction with forum users. Well worth the monthly fee to me.

As @igm45 said, trying beans from further afield is great added value too. I’d never have bought Keen as I assume the shipping would further add to the price of beans, which are already about £7 a bag, and with so many roasters on our little island they’d probably never get a look in as I work my way around, but the Jaguara offering is superb and I’d definitely like to try more of their stuff in future.

My only comment is that as a novice it would be nice to see some recipe suggestions to give an idea of good starting places. I’m picking a few bits up from thread comments, but it would be great to have some ideas included with the monthly booklet. So far I’m starting at 1:2/30s but my tastebuds struggle to work out what needs changing and where etc. Perhaps some recipes would help amateurs like myself?!

Anyway, keep up the great work D&H!

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)