DogandHat

Dog and Hat Founder Member Deal

I know we will be receiving this tomorrow but is there any way to find out the coffees or roasters in the subscription before it is shipped?

I'm asking as earlier in the thread it was stated we may be able to change our subscription on a monthly basis if for example we like the look of the third coffee.

Maybe I'm being stupid and this is clearly visible but I haven't managed to spot it yet.

Sage DTP - Compak K10 & Niche Zero

I know we will be receiving this tomorrow but is there any way to find out the coffees or roasters in the subscription before it is shipped?

I'm asking as earlier in the thread it was stated we may be able to change our subscription on a monthly basis if for example we like the look of the third coffee.

Maybe I'm being stupid and this is clearly visible but I haven't managed to spot it yet.

i think there is a preview of the next ones on their website but I’m not sure how far in advance it shows up

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Hello, hope you are all well, hope the subs land today!

The up and coming months subscriptions are usually on the home page, but we have not listed February just yet, I am just waiting for a confirmation of stock from a Roaster after all their Christmas sales. All previous subscriptions are listed at the bottom on the home page of http://www.dogandhat.co.uk.

The subs arriving are listed : https://dogandhat.co.uk/collections/january-subscription (thanks Ben!)

The swapping of subs from 2 boxes to 3 boxes, is currently enabled, but I have not sent an email yet as this still in BETA with the software provider. I have tested and it seems fine. Now we have rolled past the 20th I will send an email out over the Christmas break. I think we have a way to automate any extra bags you may wish to order of any of the coffees, which I will detail also.

Happy Christmas CFUK :-)

Su

emoji251.png&emoji145.png

An update on the Heart and Graft Rwandan...Maybe it's just me but to my taste it has massively improved as I neared the end - so almost 4 weeks after roast date it was an espresso that I started to look forward to. I've had this experience with a few other beans but unfortunately I'm not obsessive enough to record that level of detail (but I'm going to start adding it now as another variable).

Happy Christmas @DogandHat

Also, Phil we had the last of the test bag of Rwandan 2 days go, had it for 8 weeks (not same batch as the subscriptions), opened 8 weeks ago maybe - its was one of the best espresso's we had all year, it was velvety and much richer in flavour than it was previously. I preferred as a V60 when we tested it originally. Completely changed.

Mine has arrived, looking forward to trying it all. 747ab4651defbeb7ceccbbc7359a6cac.jpg

Given the Keen Jaguara a go first.

V60 using an Aergrind and the Perger method (12g in 200g over 2:20), was drinking Foundry's Rocko Mountain Reserve with the Aergrind on 2.9, adjusted to 2.10 first go with this as it looked darker.

First go wasn't quite right, made one for myself and one for my Dad (his with milk), he enjoyed it without sugar which is unusual for him, my black one however was drinkable but very little sweetness or acidity and a fair amount of bitterness.

Had another go at 2.11 on the Aergrind and it has improved quite a bit, still some bitterness but some nice acidity and a hint of sweetness, maybe some cocoa on the finish but I'm new to pour-over and actually being able to taste the notes (could never really taste much in the way of notes with Espresso, can't drink it straight and milk seems to drown out anything but extremes for me).

I expect it could do with a little more slackening on the grind but that is tomorrows job, if it continues to improve I will be very happy.

Now to try to sleep after 3 cups of Rocko Mountain and two of this.

I went for the same one the Keen as Espresso 19 to 38g, 38 second. Massive chocolate hit. It a natural, but I could not detect any funky flavours. Very nice, my wife will love this. I reckon it will make an awesome flat white.

Rocket R58 & Versalab M3

What was I saying? Just tied as a flat white and definitely getting boozy chocolate now, unless someone put a whisky in my coffee when I wasn’t looking. Nice.

Rocket R58 & Versalab M3

Very pleased to receive my box today, including the prize for the taste test last month

Thanks @DogandHat!6d327ed98d132045db87a81880e6bee1.jpg

ACS Minima, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales

Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

That’s a fab Christmas present to yourself! Well done @shannigan

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

That’s a fab Christmas present to yourself! Well done @shannigan
It'll be opened on Christmas morning :-)

ACS Minima, Motta Tamper, Naked Portafilter + 18g VST, Baratza Sette 270, Brewista Scales

Hario V60 (02), Hario Skerton, Aeropress, Porlex

Mine has arrived - thanks very much D&H and a jolly Happy Christmas to you :)

38511844084_a188bb074e_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Mines arrived!

Was pure luck I was up at 7:50 on a Saturday when the evil postie decided to knock on the door but I suppose they have alot of deliveries to make today.

Now I just gotta decide which one to open on Monday!

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Loving the Vagabond offering :)

38381840525_5c23f8b9f0_c.jpg

I've started with the Keen Brazilian.

Every bit as chocolaty as it says on the tin.

IMG_0124.jpg

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Glad you're enjoying the coffee selection this month and thanks everyone for your patience with the deliveries (it was a bit nerve-wracking waiting on Royal Mail 's festive operation and a DHL shipment from Holland). Have a very merry Christmas one and all. Su and Dave

Loving the Vagabond offering :)

38381840525_5c23f8b9f0_c.jpg

Loving the santa hat dog... You've really outdone yourself on the dog and hat front this time MildredM :-)

Awesome - Keen Coffee are brilliant roasters - and their team of baristas and trainers are pretty awesome too

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Glad you're enjoying the coffee selection this month and thanks everyone for your patience with the deliveries (it was a bit nerve-wracking waiting on Royal Mail 's festive operation and a DHL shipment from Holland). Have a very merry Christmas one and all. Su and Dave

Well done! We’ve thoroughly enjoyed all the beans so far and are looking forward to trying new beans and roasters in the New Year :)

A very Happy Christmas to you both!

I've started with the Keen Brazilian.

Every bit as chocolaty as it says on the tin.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30906[/ATTACH]

Also started with the Brazilian and enjoying it very much!

Also wanted to say, great communication from Su who has been very helpful via email!

Work: Fracino Cherub (OPV mod), La Pavoni Europiccola (with added pressure gauge), Brazen Plus, V60, Aeropress, Mazzer Royal (titanium burrs), Compak K3 Touch, Gold finger 58.55 Sharp Edge, Reg Barber 58.35mm C-Ripple...

Home: Gaggia Classic (PID, and usual mods), Mazzer Super Jolly (and usual mods), Torr Goldfinger Convex 58.4mm, Torr 58.4mm Soft Convex Ebony XS "Vintage Brass"...

I started with the keen as most people had already started it!

Had to adjust the grinder a lot courser as the first two shots stalled the machine. Still not quite there with it but hopefully be sorted tomorrow morning.

Awesome - Keen Coffee are brilliant roasters - and their team of baristas and trainers are pretty awesome too

Yes, the coffee is immense - But alongside this though their customer service is awesome. They care, everyone at Keen wants to get it right!

Damn, just started on the Dear Green and it is delicious, really getting the chocolate.

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)