DogandHat

Dog and Hat Founder Member Deal

Django Popayan as an Aeropress is LOVELY.

Bright, and so so sweet.

what method?

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Handful of beans that looks about 12 grams, into a non inverted aeropress filled to 4, stirred twice and left for 5 min. Single stir and plunge.

Fast, loose and delicious

Finding the Rwandan in this months box a tricky little monkey. Brew times are all over the place with kalita. Having to take it really coarse to get a time in the 3-3:30 range but then the next time it wants to brew in 4 mins!?

Taste wise its an odd one too. There is a green tea sort of bitterness for me that I’m not sure I like but there is a nice acidity there when I get the brew right which seems to be the challenge

Only had it as espresso I'm afraid.

Extraction has been tricky at points, like the last Rwandan though I'm not a massive fan.

No sweetness but like you I'm getting the black tea spice finish

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Only had it as espresso I'm afraid.

Extraction has been tricky at points, like the last Rwandan though I'm not a massive fan.

No sweetness but like you I'm getting the black tea spice finish

i can’t get on with it sadly but have just brewed the Guatemalan from Mokxa and it’s delicious

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Same here for espressos. Loved the Guatemalan but not liking the Rwandan so much

Still haven't done the cupping test. Must do that this weekend

Me neither, haven't had a chance.

I'm persevering with the Rwandan but have had to grind finer and finer from the usual range that I use (HG1). Incidentally, I have had some great Rwandan beans from Cast Iron.

Thanks for the tip Phil. I have gone far finer than usual and finally getting somewhere.

I'm persevering with the Rwandan but have had to grind finer and finer from the usual range that I use (HG1). Incidentally, I have had some great Rwandan beans from Cast Iron.
Finished mine now,

I found it was the tightest grind setting I've used on the HG1 too, do you have the newer marked HG1 Phil?

Mine was set at 7.2 for the Rwandan. Up to 8.4 for the Mexican now..

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Finished mine now,

I found it was the tightest grind setting I've used on the HG1 too, do you have the newer marked HG1 Phil?

Mine was set at 7.2 for the Rwandan. Up to 8.4 for the Mexican now..

Mine is a first generation HG1 so I've gone way past 20 (essentially off the marked range) getting together and tighter. Normally I'm grinding beans in a range from 17 to 19. It's bloomin' hard work. I've had Heart & Graft before and although I think the bag designs are great their roast profile is not quite to my taste.

Hello we have had to close orders on the 14th as the Roasters wanted the orders for this the shipment pre-christmas. We did order extra but that has now sold out also.

If you were waiting until the 20th then please drop me a line before the 20th and I will confirm if we can add you to Founder Member with a first subscription of February.

Su

emoji251.png&emoji145.png

An update on the Heart and Graft Rwandan...Maybe it's just me but to my taste it has massively improved as I neared the end - so almost 4 weeks after roast date it was an espresso that I started to look forward to. I've had this experience with a few other beans but unfortunately I'm not obsessive enough to record that level of detail (but I'm going to start adding it now as another variable).

Happy Christmas @DogandHat

I'm now three quarters of the way through the four bags I received.

I first enjoyed the MOKXA unpronounceable Bourbon & Caturra then tried the Heart & Craft Rwanda which in keeping with others, I found difficult and gave up on.

Then enjoyed the DJANGO Popayan Colombia.

Now just coming to the end of the ROUNTON MEXICO FINCA MUXBAL, 30 days past roast and it is making some delicious flat whites. Best of the bunch for me and would gladly buy again.

Once that is finished I will go back and have another crack at the Rwandan which will then be 32 days rested.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Looks like the January subscriptions are on their way.

Missed out on last months, so excited to see what is coming this time.

Sage DTP - Compak K10 & Niche Zero

Yes! Hopefully here Thursday :)

It's like getting a Christmas present you actually want!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Yeah, hopefully I don't get any coffee as a Christmas Present, I'm doing a family secret santa and foolishly put coffee on it as something I like, now just waiting for the instant.

tried the Heart & Craft Rwanda which in keeping with others, I found difficult and gave up on.

Just on this one now (had it in the freezer for a while)

I'm really enjoying it as espresso or long black. Getting dark chocolate and orange. Nothing too extreme, just really tasty coffee

a grinder a lever and some beans

Yeah, hopefully I don't get any coffee as a Christmas Present, I'm doing a family secret santa and foolishly put coffee on it as something I like, now just waiting for the instant.

ive been gifted a very dark 6 month old espresso roast....I’m too scared to brew it

ive been gifted a very dark 6 month old espresso roast....I’m too scared to brew it

I don't blame you, I wouldn't chance it either.

I've only had one nice coffee gift, a bag from Colonna, after I took some of their pods with me when I visited my Mum.

Wait til you have a cold & drink it with copious amounts of whiskey, ginger & honey.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Finger crossed the Christmas post doesn't delay this too much. I can hardly wait

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Also looking forward to my first delivery from Dog and Hat :coffee:

Work: Fracino Cherub (OPV mod), La Pavoni Europiccola (with added pressure gauge), Brazen Plus, V60, Aeropress, Mazzer Royal (titanium burrs), Compak K3 Touch, Gold finger 58.55 Sharp Edge, Reg Barber 58.35mm C-Ripple...

Home: Gaggia Classic (PID, and usual mods), Mazzer Super Jolly (and usual mods), Torr Goldfinger Convex 58.4mm, Torr 58.4mm Soft Convex Ebony XS "Vintage Brass"...

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)