DogandHat

Dog and Hat Founder Member Deal

Got mine today then had to leave the house immediately without opening it!!! Tomorrow I learn cupping!

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Got mine today then had to leave the house immediately without opening it!!! Tomorrow I learn cupping!
Heres a crash course from hasbean:

https://www.hasbean.co.uk/blogs/articles/6488501-coffee-cupping-a-basic-introduction

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Seeing these boxes makes me glad I signed up, looking forward to my first next month :)

IMG_20171125_095402.jpg

My box of goodies has arrived safe and sound. Very well packaged and looks like a great mix of coffees.

We’ve started the Guatemalan! I couldn’t wait, and I’m not disappointed!

37745293315_8dc0879cb0_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Sorry for the repeat, but just in case it was missed/ in order to remind people about this rather unusual opportunity.

I'll do a Facebook "live" cupping on Weds 27th November at 7pm UK time. It's not really to guide people on the specifics of the flavours - as that's the competition anyway (plus I'm nowhere near as good at all that as I'd like).

I've done a few cuppings in my time and I'm willing to give it a go for a bit of fun. So if you want to cup them along with me (or any coffee really) or just watch and see what you think. Then, why not check out my
facebook page
(it's pretty basic so far) but I believe if you like the page and agree to follow, then it will notify you when I'm "going live".

It should be 7pm tomorrow (Weds 29th Nov) anyway and you should reach it from that page if you don't want to like me (sorry my page I mean).

Joe

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

We’ve started the Guatemalan! I couldn’t wait, and I’m not disappointed!

37745293315_8dc0879cb0_z.jpg

We too have started with this bean.... and, we are both LOVING it.

Its a great comfort espresso of high quality, and makes a great flat white.

I am just wondering, is there, or should there be, a Dog&Hat Subscription thread in the beans forum, for those of us who want to trade notes on prep, taste, preferences etc.? Or will we keep it all in here.

Sorry for the repeat, but just in case it was missed/ in order to remind people about this rather unusual opportunity.

I'll do a Facebook "live" cupping on Weds 27th November at 7pm UK time. It's not really to guide people on the specifics of the flavours - as that's the competition anyway (plus I'm nowhere near as good at all that as I'd like).

I've done a few cuppings in my time and I'm willing to give it a go for a bit of fun. So if you want to cup them along with me (or any coffee really) or just watch and see what you think. Then, why not check out my
facebook page
(it's pretty basic so far) but I believe if you like the page and agree to follow, then it will notify you when I'm "going live".

It should be 7pm tomorrow (Weds 29th Nov) anyway and you should reach it from that page if you don't want to like me (sorry my page I mean).

Joe

Getting ready to tune in here :) :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer /  gold B Plus stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

@jlarkin you were great :) I feel really inspired to have a go tomorrow now!

Thanks very much for doing this :)

Indeed I was also impressed, I missed the beginning. Are we (or did you) announcing which we think is commodity?

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

@jlarkin Well done Joe.

I swore an oath never to register with Facebook or Twitter etc but thanks to @MildredM, I managed a sneaky watch.

I will hopefully give the cupping a go tomorrow.

My personal target will be to identify the commodity bean......... we all have to start somewhere.

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

Enjoyed that too. Definitely going to give it a go tomorrow. As mentioned I think visually I can see a difference but I’m often wrong lol

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Just watched it. as I haven’t done a cupping before, it was nice to watch the cupping videos!

Well done Joe.

Thanks all! I forgot to mention of course you don't necessarily need cupping bowls, ideally just two that are the same and fairly open so you can sniff it well :-).

Sounds like this was great, thank you for doing this - so sorry I missed it, was it recorded?? We are travelling in the US, and couldn't get back for this. Su x

emoji251.png&emoji145.png

Sounds like this was great, thank you for doing this - so sorry I missed it, was it recorded?? We are travelling in the US, and couldn't get back for this. Su x
Follow the link above and you can watch it again.

Just out of interest what are those interesting-looking test tube-esque storage devices?

https://lynweber.com/accessories/bean-cellars-glass/

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Just out of interest what are those interesting-looking test tube-esque storage devices?

Inspector has answered with the link to Lyn Weber ;)

I weigh up my doses for the day to save time each coffee making session!

Going to crack in to the Heart and Graft later on. My first Rwandan so looking forward to that. Anybody else started it yet as a filter coffee? Notes sound interesting but could veer down the overly funky road so I’m keen to get it right. Will try as a kalita and report back

No problem I think you found it. If anybody is interested it will stay there on Facebook. All you need to do is head over to my page: https://www.facebook.com/cupperjoe and Like the page, then scroll down and you should find the entry "Cupper Joe was live" with an accompanying video. Feel free also to like or comment on the video, apparently it all interaction helps.

Joe

Finding the Rwandan in this months box a tricky little monkey. Brew times are all over the place with kalita. Having to take it really coarse to get a time in the 3-3:30 range but then the next time it wants to brew in 4 mins!?

Taste wise its an odd one too. There is a green tea sort of bitterness for me that I’m not sure I like but there is a nice acidity there when I get the brew right which seems to be the challenge

Finding the Rwandan in this months box a tricky little monkey. Brew times are all over the place with kalita. Having to take it really coarse to get a time in the 3-3:30 range but then the next time it wants to brew in 4 mins!?

Taste wise its an odd one too. There is a green tea sort of bitterness for me that I’m not sure I like but there is a nice acidity there when I get the brew right which seems to be the challenge

I have struggled with Rwandan beans in the past too. I've nearly finished the Guatemalan bean so will make a start on the Rwandan next and get back to you

• About:

Coffee Forums UK is the UK's premier coffee forum Started in June 2008 by Glenn Watson, we now have more than 22000 mainly UK based members, and welcome more than 3000 members and visitors from around the world each day! With strategic investment and digital expertise from the Jackson Lockhart team (Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman), we are taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level, and are delighted to share the journey with you.

New Members:

We are often referred to as the friendliest forum on the web and we look forward to welcoming you onboard.

Terms of Use

Advertising

Coffee Forums Media Kit

Buy Advertising Space

Donate

Get Your Supporter Badge (per year)