IGNORED

London Coffee Festival 2018

Top tasting coffee of the day for me was Panama geisha from Clifton roasters, Panama from @Redemptionroasters and actually Panama again from union. Strawberries and bananas galore. All were filter.

Thankyou; a coffee recommendation that pricked up my senses. Good to hear about roasters daring to take this one one on. I will go and look up their sales sites from this.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

AWWWW! Not gonna lie, I ended up hammering it a bit too much after catching up with all that I needed to! Stayed until about 5 in the end. Good to catch up with you too!

Haha! I was Sorely tempted after a couple! If I didn't have my wife and daughter in town to meet and head home, I think I would have done the same.

Thankyou; a coffee recommendation that pricked up my senses. Good to hear about roasters daring to take this one one on. I will go and look up their sales sites from this.

Top tasting coffee of the day for me was Panama geisha from Clifton roasters, Panama from @Redemptionroasters and actually Panama again from union. Strawberries and bananas galore. All were filter.

Thanks for the shout out! Also saw the Clifton Panama and it was indeed wonderful. Our other top pick was a Rwandan Red Bourbon from 'Girls Who Grind' who were tucked away by one of the brick lane exits. The Extract guys traded some of their competition coffee with us too and it's stunning. Enjoyed watching Origin sweep the entire competition too, they've got such a great team at the moment.

To anyone who saw us at the festival thank you so much for coming and hope you had a great time!

Easily missed was the presence of an actual in-the-flesh Decent Espresso machine. The guys using it (Assembly) seemed really happy with it, and the shot I had from it, a Colombia Geisha, was the best I had from the whole festival. Read into that what you will.

Coffee geeks will love the machine, but in person it looks as semi-pro as in the pics I'd seen, whereas hands on with a Linea Mini the build quality was just fantastic, which made me rethink my attitude to that machine.

@christos_geo

I think we both played on the same La Marzocco lever. It did not feel intuitive or nice to use. My first ever shot pulled on a lever and I thought a) this is not what a lever usually looks like and b) I don't feel comfortable using this. It didn't help that they had a lady operating it who was lovely but admitted she didn't know how to use it. She told me that she'd been told off by her employers for the way she had been demonstrating it (!).

Congrats. Fingers crossed they don't deliver it all at once!
Same. No one needs me that wired.

It's actually a bag per month for 10 years. Gave me a choice of espresso or filter. My preferred brew method most of the time is filter so... yeah...

I'm quite happy right about now. My hay fever riddled youth, spending summers indoors playing on my computers and consoles not looking like so much wasted time now.

Same. No one needs me that wired.

It's actually a bag per month for 10 years. Gave me a choice of espresso or filter. My preferred brew method most of the time is filter so... yeah...

I'm quite happy right about now. My hay fever riddled youth, spending summers indoors playing on my computers and consoles not looking like so much wasted time now.

Congratulations, that is quite a prize. And judging by the length of time you have been registered and posting here it has gone to someone who is truly coffee oriented, I like that. Only issue is now, how do you justify trying new roasters?

Gobsmacked....

No one beat my Cap-man score...

10 years of square mile coffee...

Amazingly wonderful and well done... and presumably to respond to the question about trying other roasters, you are getting through more than one bag a month.

Congratulations, that is quite a prize. And judging by the length of time you have been registered and posting here it has gone to someone who is truly coffee oriented, I like that. Only issue is now, how do you justify trying new roasters?

I still have my Hasbean in my mug subscription too, and also pick up random bags when I go into London. Origin San Fermin is a favourite of mine at the moment. Also had some Colonna roasted and Barn recently too from Curators Gallery, add to that the bag from Redemption...

A bag a week is normal for me, sometimes more, occasionally less. But it averages out. Also depends on what I'm brewing and how.

Our other top pick was a Rwandan Red Bourbon from 'Girls Who Grind' who were tucked away by one of the brick lane exits.

To anyone who saw us at the festival thank you so much for coming and hope you had a great time!

Oooh I bought some of that!! I'll have to get cracking on that one!

As an aside, if anyone has a tote that is surplus to requirements/heading for the bin, I’d happily take it off your hands

If you still want one you can have mine - just PM me with your address and I'll get it in the post - probably Tuesday.

James Hoffman on the London Coffee Festival

Enlightening...curious though, as I did not get there this year, where was his stand.? ground floor near the entrance again? Too many people rushing by to see other things?

Personally, I think Sq Mile has been caught up, they're no doubt a commercial favourite (look at number of so called independents that do 'red brick') but from what I read here the educated coffee lover doesn't often go there to fill their SJ. Consistency of flavour is one thing, the smack in the mouth you sometime get (and love) from elsewhere is worth the experimentation.

Star on the wane ?

I have to say I wholeheartedly agree with Hoffman on the whole 'its gotten too big' thing. But that's more of a hate against Allegra thing.

The whole 'be your own customer' is actually something that's been around for years and the best way to teach anyone in the service/retail sector about shite service and how it affects everyone.

The whole 'be your own customer' is actually something that's been around for years and the best way to teach anyone in the service/retail sector about shite service and how it affects everyone.

I thought the whole video was thought provoking but this phrase really resonates with me. It’s a simple thing to do but weird how few businesses appear to actually do it. And the ones that do deserve to do well

I thought it was a good event. You may have seen someone running around on the friday looking a little tired taking photos. If you check out la marzocco's instagram account they are posting some of my shots over the coming weeks.