fatboyslim

LSOL November - Drop Coffee [Stockholm]

Mine arrived safe and sound, thanks FBS & Daren for arranging, sorting out, posting out etc. Quality!

John

Roasters: BB Dalian Amazon 1kg -Power contolled GeneCafe 101- 106Kg of greens - Tonino

Espresso: Londinium L2 - Gaggia G105 - Silvia v3 Mr.Shades PID'-d - Faema E92a2 (Project) - MyPressi Twist - VST baskets / Motta Europa (350/500/750ml) - Torr Ti 58.55 & Goldfinger flat 58.4 TiBlack, Pullman 51.4 - Acaia x2

Grinders: Flats: Compak R120 - NS Mythos plus Conics: Compak K10PB - Lido 3

Brewed: Behmor Brazen - Moccamaster KBGT471 - Aeropress - V60 - Cona model D - Clever - Mizudashi - 8-10 + 6 cup Chemex

Water: BWT Bestmax V Refrac: VST III

and a Puq Press not in a pear tree..

Got mine too. The packaging is so nice! Can’t wait to crack this one open.

Porlex Hand Grinder | ROK Espresso Maker | Bodum French Press

So is it horrible then? Anybody want to send me theirs for safe disposal??

Anybody?

Hello...

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

Thanks @fatboyslim & @Daren. Great effort, you made a lot of people happy people here. Mine also arrived today and in all likelihood will be raided in the morning.

The postie couldn't get it through the letter box apparently, a trip to the post office tomorrow for me!

Thank you all for organising!!

Vesuvius Dual Boiler / Ceado E37S / KvdW Shower Screen / VST Precision baskets / Torr Tamper / Motta Champion Milk Pitchers / Stretton Hills (Waitrose) Water /

I hope we're going am I right in thinking this has had a week r

esting?6

Arrived but at a friend's address I gave for last month whilst I was on holiday. I'm back now ☺.

Edited by dan1502

Home: Sage Dual Boiler, Probat EK43 & Feldgind

Work: Sage Dual Boiler & Niche Zero

Trip to the post office tomorrow for me as well, very excited to dig into this. Thanks to all for organising’

Got mine. Any tips first 2 attempts were gushers

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

Arrived but at a friend's address I have for last month whilst I was on holiday. I'm back now ☺.
Sorry about that, it's hard to keep on top of everyone's temporary addresses. Easy enough to get it off him/her?

Got mine. Any tips first 2 attempts were gushers
Grind really fine

I'm already pleasently surprised by this, need to grind it finer that I expected.

2 cappa's for breakfast, the 1st was acidic with notes of burnt sugar, the 2nd was apricots 20g > 60g [email protected] 22.45% ext (2.0 on the 3FE dial).

in milk it's like ovaltine.

I think it will work better with less milk so going to try it in a Cortado next, and 1 step finer on the grind.

Edited by Phobic
2.0 not 1.9

Yuxo09y.jpg

I haven't actually tried it as espresso yet as it makes such a knockout brew!

First shot was a bit of a gusher. Still tastes nice though

My 500g are awaiting pickup ...

I take it grind fine is the espresso guidance??

Yes I'm at the finest setting on my EK and it's still a bit fast!!! I'll message Drop and get some guidance. Maybe up-dose?

Yes I'm at the finest setting on my EK and it's still a bit fast!!! I'll message Drop and get some guidance. Maybe up-dose?
Realistically What advice do you think they can offer?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

Badly timed cold means I'm going to have to wait to try this (and the hasbean WBC coffee) as I am currently able to taste diddly squat

Perhaps they'll advise to get drinking!

Won't the grind only need tightening more the longer the bean is left?

Good point, maybe they'll suggest buying a bigger basket;) It might be they suggest longer lungo type shots.

My Major usually grind for espresso on anywhere between 1.1 to 1.3. I'm on 0.9 and I'm getting 18=>38g in 34 secs. It didn't taste dialled in at all (only the first real try)

Sage DB; Mazzer Major; VST 15g, 18g & 20g Baskets;TORR Trapez & Perger Tamper

I usually find I need to using 20g doses so I have enough range to grind for spro.

4th shot of the day 20g >60g 23% ext 1.9 3FE.

stone fruit acidity, towards apricot when hot, and all about peaches as it cools - WOW

Yuxo09y.jpg

I usually find I need to using 20g doses so I have enough range to grind for spro.

4th shot of the day 20g >60g 23% ext 1.9 3FE.

stone fruit acidity, towards apricot when hot, and all about peaches as it cools - WOW

Yeh I forgot to mention this coffee hits another level as it cools as brewed. Everyone needs to be patient and let it cool down a bit!