slamm

MBK Feld2 - the new Feldgrind

In use the wobble can't be felt. I understand why it is how it is now, clever design for changing the grind setting. Lovely to use.

Dumb question time.

To set the grind setting, am I meant to hold the handle still and turn the dial or hold the dial still and turn the handle/pointer?

I'm confused about the zero point, I assumed I was meant to turn counter clockwise until it locked, and that's 0. Then go from there. But I'm not getting a stop anywhere.

Help a dummy out.

Also yes. Turn anticlockwise to increase grind size.

And does it lock at any point? As in you reach a point where you can no longer turn?

70b1d830e448af490f4e2a85422eaf4c.jpg

Appreciate this, as I think I'm just being pretty dumb right now.

Above photo is where I'm at. So 0 would be if I keep turning anti clockwise so the burrs recede inwards and I can no longer turn. I'm assuming you could keep turning clockwise and the burrs would keep coming out so to speak.

70b1d830e448af490f4e2a85422eaf4c.jpg

Appreciate this, as I think I'm just being pretty dumb right now.

Above photo is where I'm at. So 0 would be if I keep turning anti clockwise so the burrs recede inwards and I can no longer turn. I'm assuming you could keep turning clockwise and the burrs would keep coming out so to speak.

It's all good. I'm just a bit slow today.

Turned all the way, obviously it locks, and dial is at 1 at that point.

Have made the full rotations from there to try a v60.

Maybe I should delete those posts and pretend that never happened

I got mine today too. It feels great in the hand and the action is lovely. I haven't tried putting any coffee through it yet. What is the best way to break in a new grinder?

As mentioned by others mine has a bit of cosmetic damage. The first bit looks to be a machining issue when creating the knurling grooves. There is also a ding in the to the outer edge of the tube the burrs are in which has exposed the metal so must have happened after anodisation. It also isn't zeroing on I'm going to get in touch with Knock about these. @CMT3 @haz_pro Are your issues in the same place (the knurling)?

I got mine today too. It feels great in the hand and the action is lovely. I haven't tried putting any coffee through it yet. What is the best way to break in a new grinder?

Get a kilo of cheap supermarket beans and grind away :)

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Aergrind, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax Premium

Mine still hasn't arrived (October preorder to the UK). Does anyone know if they would have sent all the orders at once, because if so it's possible they lost my order and I'm really dreading trying to get a response out of them.

10b905e33047461a911409b90a76349b.jpg

Still don't like that new logo/dial but otherwise I'm very impressed so far. Really does feel like a quality piece of kit. Nice and weighty and the grinding action is lovely.

Seems to give me a more consistent grind with less boulders than my Wilfa.

I've made some tasty coffees already.

My Feld2 is cosmetically perfect. (And it looks pretty classy IMO.)

The one criticism I have is the total absence of any instructions what-so-ever. OK, it isn't that difficult to work out how to set the grind but some general instructions would have been welcome anyway.

Also my rubber band is a bit odd shaped.

You probably just need to get it back into shape, I had the same with my feld but after jiggling it around a bit it was fine.

pavoni europiccola + niche zero / feld47 : now using James Bond's *coffee* steaming technique

Can some one give me a rough starting point for v60 ( I know each coffees different)

I have dialled it to zero and then gone 1 full turn and then + 5 for the LSOL Drop coffee

This was quite fine. Just wondered where others are at.

Can't remember if it was this thread or the main feldgrind thread but a fella posted instructions that mbk posted on Instagram. I believe it said 3 full turns from lock for v60. Is used 1.8 for espresso and it was far too fine.

Hopefully use mine for v60 for first time today!

Can some one give me a rough starting point for v60 ( I know each coffees different)

I have dialled it to zero and then gone 1 full turn and then + 5 for the LSOL Drop coffee

This was quite fine. Just wondered where others are at.

Just done my first v60 brew.

Single cup, 17g of coffee, 270g of water.

Used 3 full turn settings, as per mbk Instagram Post, but it was far too coarse. Think that setting must be for a multi cup brew.

Will try 2.8 next time.

On the mk1 feldgrind my starting point is 2+7 for 15g/250 V60 Scott Rao all in one recipe aiming for 3 minutes

Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

I'm on 2+9 for 12g/200 V60, 45 second bloom, then one pour. Finishing around 2:30.

As the burrs are used more, and the settings drift, which way do they go?

I'm on 2+9 for 12g/200 V60, 45 second bloom, then one pour. Finishing around 2:30.

As the burrs are used more, and the settings drift, which way do they go?

You’ll need to go tighter as the burrs get used - they’ll drift outwards

Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

my Feld2 arrived today, very happy with it. Just one small problem, when the burrs are as close as possible the dial isn't pointing to zero. This isn't a big problem as I'm sure I'll work out my own settings anyway, but is there some obvious way of having the physical zero at the zero on the dial?

Mine is the same, I still treat the numbering as if the 0 point was true 0. It doesn't really matter as everyone's settings will be different any way.