slamm

MBK Feld2 - the new Feldgrind

Yeah I know what you mean, I didn't much like it at first but it's starting to grow on me. I think the idea of the large pointer is to represent the inside of the bearing housing, with the 'O' being the bearing. Not a bad way to go but I have always liked the minimal look of the Haus dial, he got that spot on and I hope he goes with something similar for 'Haus2'.

Yeah I really like that Haus dial too. Maybe I can make my own badge, or just get the Sharpie out ;)

It's going to be a great grinder all the same though, so I'm looking forward to it.

924d1cab5bde3e4ee0e1cb2404c5ec6b.jpg

Hopefully I'll have no need to ever replace my first batch Hausgrind. I also prefer the enamel top but it didn't originally ship with that, Peter sent them out after and we had to glue them on :)

If there is a Haus2 on the way I'd like to see it with bigger burrs although that would probably add substantially more cost as using the same burrs across all grinders reduces tooling costs etc.

I hope so too, but the more I look at the comments on his Instagram (saying people haven't received orders from many months ago, makes me wonder).

We'll see...

I hope so too, but the more I look at the comments on his Instagram (saying people haven't received orders from many months ago, makes me wonder).

We'll see...

Sometimes the parcels just sit at post/duty/sorting facilities without him having any possibility to affect their movement

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

Seen the article too late every grinder on the site is sold out :starving:

A common occurrence

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

So, i stumbled across this thread yesterday evening and stupidly didn't check the date of the thread in my haste to hit the kickstarter link so i could fund it for £45 only to find the kickstarter had ended months ago and this thread was also made months ago lol.

I instantly went to the made by knock website and of course all are sold out. However, i did find one at Machina (a black one). My GF offered to order it for me as my 30th bday is in a few weeks time. So we ordered it. Once ordered i went back to Machina and the site then said 'sold out' Im not sure if it hadn't updated before id ordered or if i had ordered the last one which automatically turned it to out of stock. I will wait and see :-)

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

So, i stumbled across this thread yesterday evening and stupidly didn't check the date of the thread in my haste to hit the kickstarter link so i could fund it for £45 only to find the kickstarter had ended months ago and this thread was also made months ago lol.

I instantly went to the made by knock website and of course all are sold out. However, i did find one at Machina (a black one). My GF offered to order it for me as my 30th bday is in a few weeks time. So we ordered it. Once ordered i went back to Machina and the site then said 'sold out' Im not sure if it hadn't updated before id ordered or if i had ordered the last one which automatically turned it to out of stock. I will wait and see :-)

Doh, sorry wrong thread!

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

Does anyone know if we'll be notified when the shipment leaves, or if it will just show up (hopefully) some day. I've heard about items sitting in limbo but only in other countries, does this happen in Britain too? I really can't imagine why they would.

Does anyone know if we'll be notified when the shipment leaves, or if it will just show up (hopefully) some day. I've heard about items sitting in limbo but only in other countries, does this happen in Britain too? I really can't imagine why they would.

You have to learn not to expect much from MBK when it comes to updates or any info regarding your order.

Recently most of the Kickstarter Aergrinds actually shipped out in reasonable time (with a few exceptions), unusual for both MBK and Kickstarter in general.

In my experience items getting stuck in UK delivery depots is an exceptionally rare occurrence and i would hesitate to believe anyone who told me this happened to them on any kind of regular basis.

p.s. - I'm not saying learning to expect the above is in any way acceptable, its just MBK's way.

Hah well that answers my question then - was about to ask if anyone had heard anything. I might drop MBK an email and report back if I get a response.

I ordered a mk 1 feldgrind from Knock directly a few months ago and the dispatch email came through 10 days after the grinder arrived...which itself took 6 weeks so hunker down, you're probably in for a wait. It's worth it though as they are great.

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

They should be landing Tuesday according to Peter's instagram. Whether this means they'll be sent or they'll start arriving to some UK customers I don't know, but either way it's good news

My Feld2 arrived unexpectedly this morning. I'm very impressed by the build quality and it's appearance - it feels very solid and substantial.

Received mine too, looks great and heavier than expected.

The handle is slightly wobbler than expected, thought it would be a tighter fit, but then I've never used a hand grinder before.

In use the wobble can't be felt. I understand why it is how it is now, clever design for changing the grind setting. Lovely to use.

I'm now very worried they've lost my order or something-I ordered at the end of October and I'm in the UK. I'll wait till Sunday to officially panic if it still hasn't arrived though.

I'm now very worried they've lost my order or something-I ordered at the end of October and I'm in the UK. I'll wait till Sunday to officially panic if it still hasn't arrived though.

They've only started to be sent out this week so no need to panic.

Unless you're talking about the Aergrind...

Picked mine up from the post office today. Couple small imperfections but still happy with it.

Mine has some tiny marks but for the price point I can honestly say I don't mind. I'm sure my titanium ring will mark it further.