slamm

MBK Feld2 - the new Feldgrind

New integrated dial-lid + crank arm assembly, same burrs as the original.

pre-orders before 6/11/17 - £40 discount on the rrp of £140 (inc vat) for December delivery.

http://www.madebyknock.com/store/p40/FELD2_%3A_HONED.html

pre-orders before 13/11 it's £30 discount and before 20/11 it's £20.

s803075764379997704_p40_i3_w1080.jpeg

Edited by slamm
pre-order discount updated

pavoni europiccola + niche zero / feld47 : now using James Bond's *coffee* steaming technique

Quality Christmas bargain if you don’t already have one

Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

This should be convenient to use

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Aergrind, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax Premium

I'm interested to see how the crank arm attaches...

I'd be extra cautious if it was a screw in type as cross threading it would lead to plenty of tears.

Though I'm quite sure this has been thought about!

Beans, beans the musical fruit, the more you drink, the more you... *tremors uncontrollably* ? 

"[email protected] the whole crank arm and dial lid assembly lifts off in one piece. Unlike the Feld 1, and now the Aergrind, this is not built as a travel grinder. The weight is sub 700g."

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, MaraXprofitec, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air, Aergrind, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, Gene Cafe CBR 101, BWT Bestmax Premium

I'm interested to see how the crank arm attaches...

I'd be extra cautious if it was a screw in type as cross threading it would lead to plenty of tears.

It won't be screw in, it's keyed to the shaft so it just lifts off with the dail-lid in one piece -

s803075764379997704_p40_i2_w1080.jpeg

pavoni europiccola + niche zero / feld47 : now using James Bond's *coffee* steaming technique

Is it my imagination or does that look like a dial from a Hausgrind in the background, on a similar integrated lid/ crank arm assembly like the Feld2?

Could a new Haus2 be in the offing too?

Quality Christmas bargain if you don’t already have one

Placed my order for one, hopefully get it for Christmas

Placed my order for one, hopefully get it for Christmas

Thats optimism for you, clearly you believe in Santa,and he is alive and well in your neighborhood

It doesn't matter how you get there it's only the end result that matters

It won't be screw in, it's keyed to the shaft so it just lifts off with the dail-lid in one piece -

s803075764379997704_p40_i2_w1080.jpeg

Was hoping to use this for travelling, bit rubbish if the handle can't be removed.

Mine will be for sale after I receive it in X months

Was hoping to use this for travelling, bit rubbish if the handle can't be removed.

Aergrind - same burrs, fits in an Aeropress.. job done.

What’s the difference apart from size then to the Aergrind?

What does this give you that the aergrind doesn’t ?

What’s the difference apart from size then to the Aergrind?

What does this give you that the aergrind doesn’t ?

You can Put more beans in it?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

more convenient grinding with longer handle

Mine will be for sale after I receive it in X months

Well they did write on the product page that this is no longer their travel grinder, with the Aergrind taking that position. Sounds like that will be better for you.

PLEASE NOTE - whilst the feldgrind has traditionally been our travel grinder, this new build has a fixed handle and lid design, so whilst light enough to travel with, it doesn't pack down quite as easily. The aergrind is now our dedicated travel design and packs down very well, and is specially sized to fit in and around the aeropress.

size comparison (mbk's instagram)

the aergrind is really tiny

Screen Shot 2017-11-02 at 11.08.07.jpg

Ah never seen the note at the bottom, makes sense I suppose to differentiate it from the Aergrind

Pre-order discount has been updated - before 6/11 it's a £40 discount, before 13/11 it's £30 and before 20/11 it's £20.

About that unfinished top - although it hasn't been shown in the photos it will get an enamel dial pointer. From the just instagram'd artwork I reckon it could look something like this -

24303346978_b163c3b6c1_b.jpg

About that unfinished top - although it hasn't been shown in the photos it will get an enamel dial pointer. From the just instagram'd artwork I reckon it could look something like this -

to me it looks more like the top of the Hausgrind

Screen Shot 2017-11-04 at 08.44.34.jpg

24303346978_b163c3b6c1_b.jpg

Really not into the new design of the pointer. I much prefer the simplicity of the Hausgrind enamel top.

The pointer only needs to be above the word "Knock", everything below is redundant and is just distracting. I think it's a shame he hasn't gone for something simpler that fits the purely functional and minimal aesthetic of his overall design.

1ef95f4938d8b86d51cc6065fb34d3c2.jpg

Really not into the new design of the pointer. I much prefer the simplicity of the Hausgrind enamel top.

The pointer only needs to be above the word "Knock", everything below is redundant and is just distracting. I think it's a shame he hasn't gone for something simpler that fits the purely functional and minimal aesthetic of his overall design.

Yeah I know what you mean, I didn't much like it at first but it's starting to grow on me. I think the idea of the large pointer is to represent the inside of the bearing housing, with the 'O' being the bearing. Not a bad way to go but I have always liked the minimal look of the Haus dial, he got that spot on and I hope he goes with something similar for 'Haus2'.