groundhog

Yorkshire coffee - where to drink - Selby/Doncaster/Pontefract/Goole

I'm pretty much in the middle of four towns. And it's something of a coffee desert.

I generally end up at Starbucks, for my sins, as it's the only commercial place that allows dogs near me - and I figure if I'm going to drink bad coffee, I may as well have some company!

So - is there anywhere decent to get a coffee in:

Selby

Doncaster

Pontefract

Goole

?

I want to find a few places that know what they're doing, so that when I start myself I have some kind of benchmark to set against.....

Any help would be much appreciated! :D

Eureka Zenith / Aeropress / Procrastination :-D

Good Luck is all I can say! Haven’t found anything decent around there ever!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/MildredsBarTowels

I lived in Osgodby for a while (near Selby) and never found anywhere in Selby. I now live in Goole, and haven't found anywhere there either. No idea about Sunny-Donny or Pontecarlo..

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

bit further but Foundry in Sheffield is what you're looking for

Yuxo09y.jpg

bit further but Foundry in Sheffield is what you're looking for

Absolutely. You could travel east to Hull (but I realise it’s a bit out of your area)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles  /  1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  /  Monolith Titan Conical & MAX  / HG-1  /  Kalita wave  /  Stag kettle  /  OCD  /  Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer  /  gold B Plus stirrer  /  Push Tamper  /  Puqpress  /  15g & 18g vst  /  IMS 35μM  /  LDT  /  Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers  /  LW Bean Cellars & Caddy  /  Decent thermometer  /  Acme Evo 150ml cups  /  Espazzola  /  Hottop  /  Acme and Loveramics cups /  embroidered by me bar towels  /  coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  /  in the cellars: North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass  /  6 gorgeous guineas  /  a dog  /  a very lovely and understanding husband 

York has plenty of decent places, and only down the road from Selby

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3  + Niche

Output: Slayer One Group + La Pavoni + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

York has plenty of decent places, and only down the road from Selby

Up the road, surely

Up the road, surely

Is there anywhere over your way?

And I'm about an hour from York, whether it's up or down the road! :(

Absolutely. You could travel east to Hull (but I realise it’s a bit out of your area)

Many thanks for the excellent recommendation!

Popped over today with my woofer and they welcomed him with open arms :D

Had an Americano to start, which was lovely, followed by a flat white.

And oh my days! What a drink! It's like I've never had a flat white before.

Needless to say, I shall definitely return.

Many thanks for the excellent recommendation!

Popped over today with my woofer and they welcomed him with open arms :D

Had an Americano to start, which was lovely, followed by a flat white.

And oh my days! What a drink! It's like I've never had a flat white before.

Needless to say, I shall definitely return.

Really glad you enjoyed it! The reviews have been a bit up and down lately. We only ever have coffee (it's the food side that sounds like it is letting things down a bit).

We always take our dog in too :)

Is there anywhere over your way?

And I'm about an hour from York, whether it's up or down the road! :(

York is my place of work, I live in between there and Leeds. My closest to home would be Cielo in Garforth; both cafe and roaster, operating in a highly ethical manner. (all profits given away) Bizarrely I have never been in, but I think it is @JezH that has been a yay sayer for them on more than one occasion. Sadly another that is not so close for you...Glad Mildred came to the rescue for you.

I thought i must of wrote this thread myself when i saw it as i live exactly in between Selby/Doncaster/Pontefract/Goole!

I am a service engineer so have visited pretty much all of the places that there is to visit in the area and unfortunately I am still on the quest for somewhere decent!

If you are ever passing through Eggborough you are more than welcome to pop into the workshop, i always have something on the bench that we can use, for testing purposes of course! :D

York is my place of work, I live in between there and Leeds. My closest to home would be Cielo in Garforth; both cafe and roaster, operating in a highly ethical manner. (all profits given away) Bizarrely I have never been in, but I think it is @JezH that has been a yay sayer for them on more than one occasion. Sadly another that is not so close for you...Glad Mildred came to the rescue for you.

Yep, love Cielo. Great coffee & cafe, slap bang in the centre of Leeds. Free coffee when buying a bag of beans!

I thought i must of wrote this thread myself when i saw it as i live exactly in between Selby/Doncaster/Pontefract/Goole!

I am a service engineer so have visited pretty much all of the places that there is to visit in the area and unfortunately I am still on the quest for somewhere decent!

If you are ever passing through Eggborough you are more than welcome to pop into the workshop, i always have something on the bench that we can use, for testing purposes of course! :D

Very kind offer, which I'll have to take you up on one day :D

Really glad you enjoyed it! The reviews have been a bit up and down lately. We only ever have coffee (it's the food side that sounds like it is letting things down a bit).

We always take our dog in too :)

Popped back in today with MLW. Different experience - however, although the coffee was excellent, the food was not.

When I go back, I'll just stick to the coffee :D

Popped back in today with MLW. Different experience - however, although the coffee was excellent, the food was not.

When I go back, I'll just stick to the coffee :D

Oh dear, what a pity. Well, at least we know now . . . stick to the coffee (maybe a cake, although last time they didn't have much choice to be honest).