Hairy_Hogg

Best mint tea

Mint tea is my alternative hot drink to coffee as I do not like milk and find black tea is not to my taste. In the past I have been just buying a box of whatever supermarket I am in at the time own brand. Would be interested in any recommendations of 'quality' mint tea?

Enjoying espresso & filter 

I love mint tea (although I can’t drink a lot) and my favourite is the Jeeves and Jericho Mojito Mint.

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

I've been sticking with the Taylors of Harrogate / Kew Gardens one for a while now

Londinium L1 | Compak E8

Why not grow your own mint and infuse that? It's happy on a kitchen windowsill... You could buy some interesting mints and keep them in a pretty set of planters?

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

I do like a cup of Teapigs peppermint tea last thing at night.

Rocket Giotto Evo, Gaggia Classic and modded SJ

I had the best mint tea in Marrakesh, closely followed by Istanbul.

I put that down to the atmosphere also though

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Why not grow your own mint and infuse that? It's happy on a kitchen windowsill... You could buy some interesting mints and keep them in a pretty set of planters?
I was just thinking the same - that's what I do. You can't get much fresher than picking a sprig yourself, popping it in a mug and pouring hot water on. One thing I've not experimented with though is temperature. I normally pour it on just off the boil, maybe I should let it cool a bit?

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

I had the best mint tea in Marrakesh, closely followed by Istanbul.

I put that down to the atmosphere also though

I had a great mint tea or 3 in Marrakesh, in a cafe in the square. Seemed to have half a bushel of mint in it!

Good suggestion, I do grow mint, was just looking for an alternative for when not home based.

I went for the Tea Pigs in the end, £10 for 50 from Amazon. Came home to find the box thrown over the back gate and standing in the rain. Contents seemed fine but when I complained to Amazon today they decided to send me another packet complementary :)

Only had one cup so far but they are very nice and definitely a step up from my regular supermarket own brand.

I had a great mint tea or 3 in Marrakesh, in a cafe in the square. Seemed to have half a bushel of mint in it!

And a bit of gunpowder green tea and loads of sugar.

You can't beat Moroccan mint tea.

Spearmint (English Garden Mint) grow your own. The reason Moroccan mint tea taste so good - it's spearmint.

Unfortunately a majority of the tea bags available are peppermint, I have struggled to find spearmint tea in the supermarkets, don't know why. It usually has to be an online purchase to find spearmint.

I bought my English Garden Mint plant from Tesco (fresh herbs section, £1.25), very easy to grow and take cuttings from, will however, take over your entire garden if you plant it in the ground, best in pots or frequently trimmed (for tea).