JimBean1

Free Pour Anytime

Got some cheap cups from CoffeeHit and they're really helping my efforts!

IMG_20180322_111736403.jpg

Gaggia Classic / Aeropress / V60 / Niche Zero / Wilfa Svart / Feldgrind

Thought you didn’t have a grinder, that looks suspiciously like a Clima

Been moving things round a bit, I see :)

bloody hell, we don't need Poirot with you lot on the case...

Everything my heart could desire (more or less). . .

https://cupperjoe.com

Someone free pour a Poirot moustache please! The best I can do looks at best like Sherlock Holmes pipe.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

It’s a coffee bean!! No really it is.... :/

55ED3B59-608D-4A0C-BA44-0C31ED98300D.jpg

R58, Niche (midnight black), IMS screen, VST Basket, Acaia Pearl, Torr GF, Feldgrind, V60, Kalita 185 and loads of other stuff I probably don't need :)

It’s a coffee bean!! No really it is.... :/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33173[/ATTACH]

Turn it 15 mins clockwise GB, it's an erupting volcano.

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

New Coffee Compass beans make a nice cup.

IMG_20180327_065115228.jpg

Sage Creatista Plus | Rhinowares Hand Grinder | Bialetti Moka

Introduce you to my dog called 'Fluke' .......

4qEoVv5l.jpg

Jon.

One Life this is it, it's not a rehearsal so enjoy it best you can - Have some fun, buy a coffee machine.;)

ECM Synchronika - ECM V-Titan 64 Grinder - EXPOBAR MEGGACREM 2 Group - MAZZER Super Jolly grinder with doser -  AMIR Scales and they work fine - 15-18-20-22-25g VST Filter Baskets - Several MOTTA Jugs and a Home Made Knock Box. - Useful contributions from the Family.

How I feel about the Oscar

ea5f5956c3a4f4bb9cd6f9e2f321a00a.jpg

home - Sage dual boiler & Compak E8

work - Commandante C40 and aeropress 

please don’t ask me to mod your sage portafilter

@SkateReclaimCreate

Just fancied a milk drink today.

HasBean Finca La Chorrera Colobian Caturra

864c550f5c269945cb12ca79249453e8.jpg

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Just fancied a milk drink today.

HasBean Finca La Chorrera Colobian Caturra

864c550f5c269945cb12ca79249453e8.jpg

WOW, that's a tight pattern, is there a prize or number to beat for the amount of off-sets, NO but there is now !!!!.

Jon.

How I feel about the Oscar

ea5f5956c3a4f4bb9cd6f9e2f321a00a.jpg

Wow. That’s superb joe. How did you learn the latte art? Just practice or find a decent video?

Sage DB (black) and Niche Zero (black)

Wow. That’s superb joe. How did you learn the latte art? Just practice or find a decent video?

Practice. 2 - 3 cups a day with the DTP has given me a great start. Slow and steady has probably helped.

@SkateReclaimCreate

Practice. 2 - 3 cups a day with the DTP has given me a great start. Slow and steady has probably helped.

........... king modest with it :whistle:.

Jon.

So I'm still practicing this swan thing and haven't quite gotten the hang of it - I always run out of space when I'm doing the head bit! ): any and all comments on technique, or lack thereof, gladly welcomed ◡̈

IMG_7251.jpg

In other news, I have just picked up sourdough baking, and my goodness does it remind me of my early days of coffee making and milk steaming, slowly discovering the 1001 ways that anything can and will go wrong...

Here's summat newish... (Shitpic)e74607b00a0a7801de031100f3c03b50.jpg

"decaf iced americano, warm half-soy-half-oat floated on the top with 3 shakes cinnamon. I'm in a rush by the way. Oh, make sure it's E̵̘̹͍̒͊X̷̣̍͂t̶̙̽̚R̴̡̯̾͜a̸̡͉͝ ̷̨̪̓́H̵̟̳͋̉o̶̖̊̌͐Ț̷͔͑͜͠"

Poor start, good finish

d9310f85342d311e99c42fe61c50e7ea.jpg

@SkateReclaimCreate

Day 127 espresso journey

Straight into a flat white this morning after a few days awayd788e996aaec6bdc4875e6071edbb042.jpg

Buoyed by my early morning success I thought I’d make another and film it this time. Probably shouldn’t have bothered - I’d obviously peaked early...

http:// http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdWcMmJQ6zI

Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

First slowsetta... 0555059578230f3462bd5adf57314278.jpg

Sage Dual boiler / Sage Smart grinder - Love a flat white

Probably the best tasting drink I've made on the Oscar so far. Design wise I'm not sure what happened. Ran out of milk though

703c48857fa5e2bae74b01ef96898353.jpg

@SkateReclaimCreate

This week I gambled on pausing my usual coffee subscriptions and supporting a small stall in Bath market... just to see.

They have been around for a long time but they don’t do deliveries and don’t exactly roast to order - it’s roast and sell out of big storage jars.

The other half chose Vietnamese fair trade, which is a bit darker than Pact. I really had to tighten the grinder to get there, but it’s okay. No redeeming features. I might go for a lighter roast next time.

The good news is that it is far better for pouring milk.

1445bc6fc7805e351f0babbd17952374.jpg

2000 - Krups Vivo + Whittard hand grinder
2010 - Gaggia Classic + Iberital MC2
2017 - ECM Mechanika IV Profi + Niche Zero
2020 - Londinium R + Niche Zero
Aeropress / V60 / Puck Puck / Cafetière / Moka Pot / Ibrik (كـَنـَكـَة) / Lido E

841ed6a8f7a24bd84d4721c8a3951b54.jpg

I know where I’m going wrong each time I steam milk, but struggle to rectify it!

Anyway, some progress is better than no progress. At least the coffee tasted amazing!

Pre-millennium La Pavoni, Sage Duo Temp Pro, Niche Zero

Aergrind + Aeropress for travelling