JimBean1

Free Pour Anytime

Never mind the cups, do we need one of these?!
Nah, had one once about ten years ago. Totally pointless... Unless you sit with your coffee at your elbow and never touch it... Anyway haven't you got a fancy keep it warm cup thing now?

Did someone say coffee?

:Gaggia Classic--> Nuova Simonelli Oscar--> fracino Cherub:Mazzer SuperJolly:Hario V60+aeropress+french press:

What's the difference between these and the ones you can pick up on Amazon for £15 or so?
One of them has been priced for the tourist market.

Laissez les bons temps rouler

Is that 56.90 Euro or SEK? No cup is worth 57 euro unless made from precious metals!

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

When you get the milk pretty much right . . . and when you don't!

24560199827_c8ea223374_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

When you get the milk pretty much right . . . and when you don't!

24560199827_c8ea223374_z.jpg

If I manage something as good as the one on the right it’ll be my new year’s miracle

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

Is that 56.90 Euro or SEK? No cup is worth 57 euro unless made from precious metals!

Finland, 56.90 Euros.

Bonkers

Lots of everything: machines, grinders, roaster, beans, tampers, baskets, blah, blah

However - Too much is never enough!

c2af3ae0e88311b99a3bfa12c7fef99a.jpg

The stars aligned this morning

I always thought it was the shape of the cup that encouraged star alignment....but apparently I just suck and doing milk stuff :)

Love that mazza though, I need to do that doserless mod, and out of interest, what dosing funnel is that ?

"Yeah, well, scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing"

I always thought it was the shape of the cup that encouraged star alignment....but apparently I just suck and doing milk stuff :)

Love that mazza though, I need to do that doserless mod, and out of interest, what dosing funnel is that ?

The dosing funnel came from Ebay.....

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F401404991353

It's pretty much spot on size wise so a little bit of fettling will make it fit.

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Day 43 Espresso Journey

c0387d89e781244daeb8717d177c1806.jpg

This may be the best thing that’s ever happened to me lol

When I realised I was actually going to get a heart I started panicking but just about held it together...quite an adrenaline rush

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

I've definitely concluded that some beans are better than others for latte art! Using Antigua and Sumatran beans just gives too thick a crema for the milk to push through - these Honduras Santa Rosa beans produce a lovely espresso but the crema breaks nice and quickly.

IMG_20180107_075150026.jpg

Sage Creatista Plus | Rhinowares Hand Grinder | Bialetti Moka

c6eb4de5a3f9ebae34e093201f6cd7ad.jpg

My milk skills were all over the place recently, so quite chuffed to have something half decent again.

902a8a9c901a896df9f2790b41006090.jpg

Hopefully a good omen for my quantum physics exam in an hour...

BLUE Mazzer Major, Expobar Office Leva Dual, Sage Smart Grinder pro, Delonghi EC221.B(modded to hell)

902a8a9c901a896df9f2790b41006090.jpg

Hopefully a good omen for my quantum physics exam in an hour...

Lovely!

Good luck!!

Ve ve suvivius.... /E37s/ Eazytamp / tupperware pot / completely healthy relationship with coffee (and bank manager).

Can confirm it was, in fact, not a good omen haha

BLUE Mazzer Major, Expobar Office Leva Dual, Sage Smart Grinder pro, Delonghi EC221.B(modded to hell)

First in a while. Bella Barista Gaslight. Bit crooked:

44a0422c093f2369440cb0dbd2194885.jpg

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

I had a sip just as my little lad brought me a cake over. Thought it rude not to take a photo of his baking skills

447bd13ac6f2a19367465d152b4a5d06.jpg

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

Tuesday morning. Nice kick start for the mammoth task I'm on with at work

e165967ed9e3d608d0ef572dcef0ec40.jpg

@SkateReclaimCreate

Definitely need this today. KNACKERED!!

dff6f05357340d205cd3706af5121f03.jpg

@SkateReclaimCreate

Another rancheros shot today.

Peacock :)

IMG_20180124_121929.jpg

Gaggia Classic 2010(PID&IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 | Mazzer Major Electronic 2017Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

a7f0418272c242ea14446ed0d5bf297e.jpg

Rosetta practice

@SkateReclaimCreate

Been out of practice for a few weeks due to being in hospital.

It was going well until.....

f44daca729c1c27fcd964ed23f2333be.jpg

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3

@joey24dirt You make me jealous with your fine, fine art.

Would you like to give me some one-on-one training? :rolleyes::p

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3

@joey24dirt You make me jealous with your fine, fine art.

Would you like to give me some one-on-one training? :rolleyes::p

Staffordshire is a bit far to go, although my family tree shows we did originate around there.

I suppose there's the option of FaceTime and things like that. I'm certainly no expert though, I keep my failures to myself

@SkateReclaimCreate

I was going to call this splodge 2.1, but i feel a more artistic name would be 'heart of the apple' :)

What size cups do you use for latte art? I am finding that the loveramics flat white and cappucino cups fill up before anything can be attempted....of course it could also just be that i suck :)

IMG_20180129_125618.jpg

"Yeah, well, scientifically, traditions are an idiot thing"