JimBean1

Free Pour Anytime

I dare you to show that to your work mates Joey :-)

Haha I will. I've got contractors with me tomorrow who don't know me that well, so it should freak them out plenty

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

How freaky. Messing about with snapchat face swap and managed to to this....

c65c3cee10bc319320dcd0521169de9d.jpg

Free pour face swap yo!

Is that what's known as a mug shot ?

Either way Joey, foaming at the mouth is not a good look !!

Londinium - R, Monolith MC3, Two Jugs, One TempTag, Nine Assorted And Much Sought After MildredM Bar Towels

How freaky. Messing about with snapchat face swap and managed to to this....

c65c3cee10bc319320dcd0521169de9d.jpg

Free pour face swap yo!

New avatar :exit:

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

6bde4a3ee78a726155117b5c5492e3b7.jpg

Love this time of year. Keeping coffee warm with the fire

Home - Nuova Simonelli MAC2000 V, La Pavoni, Compak e8, Niche Zero, IMS & VST baskets, IMS shower screen, skateboard torr, MildredM bar towels

@SkateReclaimCreate

New avatar :exit:

Nooo!! It would make me jump every time!!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

First taste of Sumatran Mandheling beans, absolutely delicious!! So thick and deep :)

IMG_20171109_065623703~01.jpg

Sage Creatista Plus | Rhinowares Hand Grinder | Bialetti Moka

37571232774_6808f802b4_z.jpg

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / part-time LSOL participant / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

Day 2 Espresso Journey

26515d48f2e429c3abd3dbc03e8f115a.jpg

It’s only taken me an hour, half a bag of coffee, a pint of milk, RSI due to hand grinding and 5 cups thrown away as undrinkable...and it looks more like a toddler’s finger painting than latte art...

Edited by salty

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

This is my 3rd attempt ever. I think it went well... b7175f6aaa760dea96f5215f2f891113.jpg

Vesuvius stainless steel pipework / VST18 / Mahlkoenig Peak / Torr flat brass

Day 2 Espresso Journey

26515d48f2e429c3abd3dbc03e8f115a.jpg

It’s only taken me an hour, half a bag of coffee, a pint of milk, RSI due to hand grinding and 5 cups thrown away as undrinkable...and it looks more like a toddler’s finger painting than latte art...

This image came up on tapatalk and I thought it was mine for a second. Exactly resembles what mine look like every time

Day 9 Espresso Journey

79ba99bb145642d16aca7f9330034d5b.jpg

Baby steps but moving in the right direction...

Lelit Mara 62, Niche Grinder, Decent Espresso tamper, V60, CCD, Aeropress, French Press, Moka pot, Kinu M47, Feldgrind, Porlex Mini, Kawasaki Versys 650 mk1

First time I’ve poured anything that resembles a pattern without overfilling the cup and ruining it...

It’s only taken me 3 years of practicing.

28bcc0762aa6e7923537b01f57c965ed.jpg

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical

That looks lovely.

Very early days for me. A month or so in and I think I have the right notes, just not necessarily in the right order...

20171203_124745.jpg

20171203_124745.jpg

20171202_102821.jpg

The failed swan, aka the duck

duck.jpg

BLUE Mazzer Major, Expobar Office Leva Dual, Sage Smart Grinder pro, Delonghi EC221.B(modded to hell)

b0f4110375e32bfeef211dd310e0a439.jpg

Thursday morning thingy

@SkateReclaimCreate

8d597642b5a23f921debeddca3b590f1.jpg

Never seem to get any length in my rosettas, tips?

BLUE Mazzer Major, Expobar Office Leva Dual, Sage Smart Grinder pro, Delonghi EC221.B(modded to hell)

8d597642b5a23f921debeddca3b590f1.jpg

Never seem to get any length in my rosettas, tips?

That looks good though. Finer foam, slower pour, pull back as you wiggle.

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

For over three years now I’ve been struggling with texturing milk consistently. It’s either too thick, too thin, and the times I get it just right, I start my wiggle too late that I end up over filling the cup and lose the pattern completely.

So today I was in my local supermarket picking up some bread and milk for my stepchildren’s breakfast and they were completely out of skimmed milk, in fact, they didn’t have much milk in at all. I didn’t have time to travel to another shop so I ended up picking up the only carton of milk they had to offer, blue top whole milk. I’ve never tried it before, we have only ever bought skimmed.

I’ve just steamed my first pitcher of whole milk and my oh my, how easy. I had a perfect glossy finish on my first try. No big bubbles or water like consistency, I can only describe it as wet paint.

Better still, I started pouring and I had art forming before I the cup was half way full.

So here you go, my first ever flat white using whole milk.

Needless to say, I am rather chuffed with myself. Albeit, it’s no where near as good as most of the art on this thread.

80d98a47866ed671e14dab763f9e6ab4.jpg

For over three years now I’ve been struggling with texturing milk consistently. It’s either too thick, too thin, and the times I get it just right, I start my wiggle too late that I end up over filling the cup and lose the pattern completely.

So today I was in my local supermarket picking up some bread and milk for my stepchildren’s breakfast and they were completely out of skimmed milk, in fact, they didn’t have much milk in at all. I didn’t have time to travel to another shop so I ended up picking up the only carton of milk they had to offer, blue top whole milk. I’ve never tried it before, we have only ever bought skimmed.

I’ve just steamed my first pitcher of whole milk and my oh my, how easy. I had a perfect glossy finish on my first try. No big bubbles or water like consistency, I can only describe it as wet paint.

Better still, I started pouring and I had art forming before I the cup was half way full.

So here you go, my first ever flat white using whole milk.

Needless to say, I am rather chuffed with myself. Albeit, it’s no where near as good as most of the art on this thread.

80d98a47866ed671e14dab763f9e6ab4.jpg

Excellent news. Yeah it's all about fat content I think. You'll be flying with it now

@SkateReclaimCreate

Excellent news. Yeah it's all about fat content I think. You'll be flying with it now

Oh I hope so, I’m looking forward to getting home from work in the morning. I’ll be having hours and hours of enjoyment pulling shot after shot. My 1kg a week habit may increase tenfold.

Oh I hope so, I’m looking forward to getting home from work in the morning. I’ll be having hours and hours of enjoyment pulling shot after shot. My 1kg a week habit may increase tenfold.

Haha it definitely will. Expensive practice that's for sure.

It will be nice to see progression photos too if you remember.

Normally when I nail it I get so giddy I knock it over or spill it

@SkateReclaimCreate

Haha it definitely will. Expensive practice that's for sure.

It will be nice to see progression photos too if you remember.

Normally when I nail it I get so giddy I knock it over or spill it

I’ll be sure to post some photos as I progress.

I’m normally heard shouting “Yes, yes, YES!”... (as pattern is forming)

“BALLS!” (This is at the time where I end up with a huge spillage all over my hands and countertop and turn around to find the other half with her head in her hands giggling away knowing exactly what I’ve done).

27249971179_8d861c8b76_z.jpg

Day 22 espresso journey

ebb89033cf77715ccd645cbc222b5a18.jpg