Glenn

New Managing Partners for Coffee Forums UK

It is with great pleasure that I announce that Tait Pollack and Adam Bateman join me in managing Coffee Forums UK.

Over the past couple of months, we have been discussing ways of taking Coffee Forums UK to the next level for the benefit of all members.

Now in it’s 9th year, this is a prime opportunity for Coffee Forums UK to inject some new features and create a great platform for the future.

Tait and Adam have a wealth of experience running forums and a healthy interest in coffee.

Their digital skills are far superior to mine and I looked for an investor who could add value to the community, whilst providing continuity of service to the members.

Their usernames are Adam and Tait, and they will be along to introduce themselves within the next couple of weeks, after familiarising themselves with the vBulletin Admin Control Panel and associated security layers.

I’m genuinely excited by this development and hope that you join me in welcoming them onboard at such an exciting time.

It’s important to note that fundamentally nothing changes. Most of the improvements will be behind the scenes (eg improved site security, faster page loading, image management and database optimisation etc), and they are totally onboard with the ethos of the site.

We will be reviewing the feature requests submitted to see where we can add some value to you as well. Additionally, we will continue to grow the social presence of Coffee Forums UK so please follow us on Twitter @coffee_forums and via Facebook if you have not already done so.

Kind regards

Glenn

• Like 1

Home Barista Training - contact me to discuss your requirements

Hello @Adam & @Tait

There is a fine line between "Hobby" and "Manic Obsession"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Expobar Brewtus DB, Mazzer SJ, Sowden, V60, Aeropress and all sorts

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently enjoying LSOL

Hello everyone! @Adam and I are looking forward to getting involved in the community and investing in the forum!

@Glenn I have no doubt that you fully understand the community we have here, and what is necessary for its successful continuance. We all appreciate everything you've built this far. This forum is a great community and I'm all in favour of anything that allows it to continue and even improve (not that it needs it). Of course there's an element of if it's not broken don't fix it but I have no doubt that you've got plans for the forum that will take us to the next level so I too extend my welcome to the new guys and hope that it's onwards and upwards. Welcome to Adam and Tait. No doubt you've had a good look at us over the last wee while, so I'm sure you get the craic. Welcome.

It being Saturday I may have drunk more than just coffee this evening your honour, but long live CFUK.

Rocket R58Ceado E37SAeropressAerGrind • Puck Puck cold brew widget • VST 18g basket • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 convex black Ti/walnut tamper • Torr Goldfinger 58.5 flat sharp edge tamper • Big bag o' beans • Triumph Street Triple 675R

this is great news!

looking forward to lots of changes....

Yuxo09y.jpg

Hello everyone! @Adam and I are looking forward to getting involved in the community and investing in the forum!

Hello both, and welcome :)

• Like 1

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

Bravo to the multi image upload being fixed - who gets the credit @Tait or @Adam ?

keep calm and grind flat

Welcome @Adam and @Tait and at the very least, looking forward to a new version of the world-famous coffee forums' T-shirt :)

As a relative newcomer it is always difficult to comment in a forum when the discussion turns to its future, the old lags know far more about the ethos than I do. Whilst wishing you well in this next phase of development I would also throw in a note of caution. I have recently seen one or two other forums that I was quite heavily involved with get it wrong. Investing in and monetising a site can be as equally successful as it can a failure. If contributing members start to feel their efforts are exploited in an overtly commercial site then said efforts can dry up. The forum membership and the discussions and information they provide are what drive the traffic in and I would hate to see another forum pushed to the back as a site changes.

That's not intended as a negative comment, more a tale from quite bitter (sic) experience. I really do wish you well.

Thanks @BobC

This was a very carefully considered move and the digital experience that the new Partners bring far surpasses mine.

More hands will certainly help as we continue to grow as 1 person plus a great moderating team has run the site previously.

The moderating team are all onboard :)

Hi, everyone!

Thank you all for your warmest welcome, much appreciated and excited to be part of what you have all built.

I am an espresso fiend myself and help to learn more about the dark arts of coffee.

Hi, everyone!

Thank you all for your warmest welcome, much appreciated and excited to be part of what you have all built.

I am an espresso fiend myself and help to learn more about the dark arts of coffee.

Stop right there....... we quite like the light arts too!! :-)

Currently enjoying LSOL

Welcome and thanks for taking the forum to a next era :)

The peculiarity of espresso beverage is the simultaneous presence of three dispersed phases coexisting within a matrix, namely a concentrated solution of salts, acids, sugars, caffeine and many other hydrophilic substances. These phases are: an emulsion of oil droplets, a suspension of solid particles and an effervescence of gas bubbles, which evolves into a foam.

MildredM's towels, joey24dirt's tamper, Norvin's dosing ring, Portaspresso Rossa PG Air and HC-P, Kinu M68, Feld47 travel, Aergrind, Bellman steamer, IMS baskets, Hario Syphon TC3, Java Maestro dripper, Chemex, French press, Gnali & Zani moka pot, Bonavita kettle & scales, BWT Bestmax Premium

It takes courage to share the work of taking your baby to the next level. As long as @Glenn stays in the big chair I’m confident this place will continue to be a reflection of him and so a place we love. I say congratulations.

Espresso: Ceado E92 (modified for single dose); Vesuvius; VST baskets and refractometer.

Other: Aeropress, Sowden and Alessi Moka Pot; Mazzer Robur doser with Auber timer; Mazzer Mini E; Expobar Leva Dual Boiler

Why is that.

SAGE IS NOT A UPGRADE

:)

Because another day passed without any input from the management here..... or anywhere else for that matter.

@thesmileyone @grumpydaddy If you haven't already done so, I'd recommend engaging directly with @Tait to share your concerns. He's very approachable and takes onboard concerns raised constructively.

Although he is not publicly visible as often as desired (by some members), there is plenty of activity taking place behind the scenes to configure the forum to the wishes of the members. 

In the past 22 months since Tait / Adam came onboard they have been instrumental in keeping Coffee Forums online and fairly trouble-free (technically.

There are likely to be further speedbumps to navigate in the coming months but these cannot be overcome unless there is constructive conversations taking place.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Glenn said:

There are likely to be further speedbumps to navigate in the coming months but these cannot be overcome unless there is constructive conversations taking place.

I truly hope that some lessons might have been learned and (prior to hitting these bumps) we might get at least some communication/advanced warning.

• Thanks 1

Currently enjoying LSOL