MildredM

Monolith Owners Division

I hid my cards yesterday. Solved

• Like 2

GaggiaEnthusiast

Buying expensive equipment won't make you barista!

1 hour ago, L&R said:

I hid my cards yesterday. Solved

I did the same. I was trying to keep it on the down low so I had less competition 😉

I tried to get a Max but they sold out in seconds so I went for a Flat instead and managed to bag one. Super stoked and can’t wait!! 😬

Gutted for those who didn’t get one though, it is a bit of a lottery and you’ve got to be super quick!!

• Like 4

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

3 hours ago, ashcroc said:
12 hours ago, Nicknak said:
No ... got to PayPal though emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png .. Didn’t want one really emoji3061.png I want a .......

Commiserations.

It was a very exciting 1 minute 😂..  the system put two in the basket . When I got rid of the extra one I think it was too late already 🤯.. I am sure my Zenith will look ok tilted on a couple of bricks .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MildredM said:

Flat 😁 

I was going to say a E .... g ....g....g " but not the right forum perhaps 😂

• Haha 1

It is disappointing when it doesn’t work out, to say the least 😑

I expect there will be a couple of KafaTek grinders on the market before too long - with delivery available in days rather than months!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

25 minutes ago, Deeez Nuuutz said:

I did the same. I was trying to keep it on the down low so I had less competition 😉

I tried to get a Max but they sold out in seconds so I went for a Flat instead and managed to bag one. Super stoked and can’t wait!! 😬

Gutted for those who didn’t get one though, it is a bit of a lottery and you’ve got to be super quick!!

Finally 👍 you got one 😎 .. Well done 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Deeez Nuuutz said:

The max did seem to fly. By the time I completed my purchase the flat was still showing as available but the MAX was already sold out. It didn't take me more than 30/40 seconds. 

34 minutes ago, Nicknak said:

I was going to say a E .... g ....g....g " but not the right forum perhaps 😂

Did you try to contact Denis. The previous pre-order email seem to suggest you could get one if you emailed him after the pre-order and didn't mind waiting. I am guessing it just means being put on a next production run 

Edited by Bacms
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bacms said:

The max did think to fly. By the time I completed my purchase the flat was still showing as available but the MAX was already sold out. It didn't take me more than 30/40 seconds. 

Did you try to contact Denis. The previous pre-order email seem to suggest you could get one if you emailed him after the pre-order and didn't mind waiting. I am guessing it just means being put on a next production run 

Yes thanks but the system is being problematic 🤯 I am liaising with him , so maybe June 

• Like 1

Out of curiousity, how many Max were put on sale?

Edited by Inspector
Text added

Gaggia Classic 2010 PID(IMS 200µm shower screen&Brass Dispersion Plate&OPV&Steam Wand Modded) | Kinu M47 V3 Niche Zero | Bottomless Portafilter&VST Ridgeless 15gr and 18gr | Decent Tamper V2 | MouMou 58mm Distribution Tool | 2X 64oz Airscapes & CoffeeVac

Out of curiousity, how many Max were put on sale?

Who knows! I’m guessing maybe 50 of each at the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

1 hour ago, Inspector said:

Out of curiosity, how many Max were put on sale?

The numbers of each grinder put for sale are not known as far as I can tell. Probably more than what we think but lower than the current demand for sure. 

• Thanks 1

The numbers of each grinder put for sale are not known as far as I can tell. Probably more than what we think but lower than the current demand for sure. 
Am I the only one wondering if Dennis used to work in the diamond trade?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Laissez les bons temps rouler

From the numbers people were quoting as order numbers it doesn't appear to be over 100.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

I managed in the mayhem to come out with a flat...not max,  but order number into 4 figures

Roll on next Spring!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, NigelO said:

I managed in the mayhem to come out with a flat...not max,  but order number into 4 figures

Roll on next Spring!

Whooop! Another one joins the club! Well done nabbing a Flat 😁 😁 😁 

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni with NickNak single hole steam wand tip  / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / coffee bar towel logo embroiderer to the hoi polloi  / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely and understanding husband 

42 minutes ago, NigelO said:

Roll on next Spring!

How long ?

I write a blog, it's nothing to do with coffee ...

https://rjwinc.wordpress.com

Instagram - rjw_inc

On 01/10/2019 at 06:52, Planter said:

From the numbers people were quoting as order numbers it doesn't appear to be over 100.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

17 minutes ago, Mrboots2u said:

How long ?

How long? Is what?

Do you mean how long until delivery @Mrboots2u ? It 😘 usually 5 ish months after the opening/deposit. My Max is due at the month end, ordered May 2019. KafaTek took orders last week for deliver spring 2020 PLUS a second list for delivery June 2020, the batch after the next production run.

The conics are coming 😁 😁 and you know what THAT means 😊😁😊😁😊😁😊😁😊😁😊

The October delivery of conicals are currently being checked and packed for shipping towards the weekend. And then next week the MAXs get their final assembly and checks and they will be shipped 😁

This is a pre warning - I am going to be very, very excited, totally annoying and all stuff like that very soon 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

The conics are coming 😁 😁 and you know what THAT means 😊😁😊😁😊😁😊😁😊😁😊

The October delivery of conicals are currently being checked and packed for shipping towards the weekend. And then next week the MAXs get their final assembly and checks and they will be shipped 😁

This is a pre warning - I am going to be very, very excited, totally annoying and all stuff like that very soon 😁

I’m very happy for you ....😂 .. But can you suspend your account for a few weeks.....  🤯😂

• Haha 1

The conics are coming and you know what THAT means

The October delivery of conicals are currently being checked and packed for shipping towards the weekend. And then next week the MAXs get their final assembly and checks and they will be shipped

This is a pre warning - I am going to be very, very excited, totally annoying and all stuff like that very soon

Does that mean a standard flat or 2 may find their way onto the for sale boards?

• Like 3

On 15/10/2019 at 23:40, ashcroc said:

Does that mean a standard flat or 2 may find their way onto the for sale boards? emoji16.png

Yes, yes, it does 😁 😁 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MildredM said:

Yes, yes, it does 😁 😁 

Tease 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yes, yes, it does  
Doubt it'll be with my budget when it happens (& would defo have to upgrade my machine if I got one ) but I'm sure that'll be music to@Nicknak's ears.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ashcroc said:

Doubt it'll be with my budget when it happens (& would defo have to upgrade my machine if I got one emoji23.png) but I'm sure that'll be music to@Nicknak's ears.

I might be having something on its way 😎... In JUNE 🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 1