MildredM

Monolith Owners Division

ohh! :popcorn:

• Haha 1

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Deep Thought says 'tight wiggles' is the answer. @Scotford

On 15/05/2019 at 02:16, Deeez Nuuutz said:

I must say that I’m a bit worried about all this fiasco in trying to purchase a Kafetek grinder.

I really want a flat, I’ve looked at all the options and have made my mind up that that’s the grinder I want.

I was intending to purchase one from this latest window but then got the email that only conicals and the max was being produced this time round. I’m disappointed, but with the frequency of pre-order windows coming up and the ever increasing difficulties of actually trying to get one ordered I’m worried that by the time I do actually manage to order one, I’ll be in my 60’s!

The thing is, if I experience too much of this nonsense then I’ll just think sod it and buy a EK instead...

ZM, ZM, ZM :exit:

• Like 4

says Hasi.

'This Sunday I will be out in the road saying - "Hasi says your impeading me from pursuing my recreational motivations while you wank off over the finer details of some aloof brainfork" :whistle: ' @jimbojohn55

Mind the gap   2D4BED5F-1D57-4AB5-A3ED-BC248BFC2526.thumb.jpeg.66266ec87c774532768fbbf899676a17.jpeg

I KNEW IT !!!!

https://giphy.com/gifs/mrw-V2MJADdC027gk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

ECM Synchronika, Niche Zero, Pullman Bigstep Tamper, ONA OCD Distribution Tool, Decent Funnel, VST 18g & 20g Ridgeless Baskets, Aeropress, Aergrind, Acme Cups, Acaia Lunar Scales, LW Bean Cellar & Caddy

To me that's a cat-sized space.. Though with Minty around I'm sure that space would soon increase as things are sent flying :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Input: 'Terranovered’ Versalab M3 + Mahlkonig EK43 Turkish burrs + Niche

Output: KVdW Speedster + V60 + AeroPress + Syphon + Bialetti Induction Moka Pot + Bialetti Mucka Express + jar of instant for visitors..

I have been considering an upgrade to my grinder, it needs to be a single-dose unit, well engineered, suitable for grinding anything from espresso to pour-over, and obviously makes a good brew!

I have considered a EK43, however the more I read the more i'm put off by all the faff of aligning the burrs and even having to upgrade them, then there is issue of it not being the best choice if I want to grind from espresso to pour-over.

Is the Monolith flat a good choice for what I want?  i.e. is it good for espresso -  pour-over??

Ordering and getting one I  realise is an issue.

It would definitely be a good option @duc996bp but as you say, it’s getting hold of one. They sometimes come up second hand, more so on the H-B forum ;) I know a good few people who have gone for the EK but  don’t rule out some of the other too end grinders of which maybe @coffeechap can chip in with some info about :)

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

40 minutes ago, duc996bp said:

I have been considering an upgrade to my grinder, it needs to be a single-dose unit, well engineered, suitable for grinding anything from espresso to pour-over, and obviously makes a good brew!

I have considered a EK43, however the more I read the more i'm put off by all the faff of aligning the burrs and even having to upgrade them, then there is issue of it not being the best choice if I want to grind from espresso to pour-over.

Is the Monolith flat a good choice for what I want?  i.e. is it good for espresso -  pour-over??

Ordering and getting one I  realise is an issue.

Seriously consider the mazzer ZM I have really enjoyed using mine and if it were not for the fact I have a ZM electronic on route I would be keeping it!

• Like 3

AKA Toffee chips

@MildredM there you have toffee chips chap in for a very good suggestion!

As I said earlier: ZM, ZM, ZM!! 

• Like 2

says Hasi.

Mr Puff is in the house! Really effective at expelling any remaining coffee. As a side effect it makes for a noticeable reduction in noise, not that the MC3 was loud in the first place.

IMG_0651.jpg

• Like 3

Londinium R and Kafatek MC3

Ooooh it’s good to see one over here 😁 it sounds great!

2019 L-R with hand turned Thuya burr handles and toggles / 1998 La Pavoni / Monolith Titan Flat & Conical, MAX Flat on order  / HG-1 / Kalita wave / Stag kettle / OCD / Joey Skateboard Handle Pullman Big Step & matching stirrer / Wenge Handle Lev Tamp / Push Tamper / Puqpress / 15g & 18g vst / IMS 35μM / LDT / Barista Gear Titanium 12oz pitchers / LW Bean Cellars & Caddy / Decent thermometer / Acme Evo 150ml cups / Espazzola / Hottop / embroidered by me bar towels / in the cellars: Steampunk, North Star, Foundry, The Barn, HasBean, Coffee Compass / 6 gorgeous guineas / a dog / a very lovely husband 

@RobW, where did you get Mr puff ?

Londinium I / Monolith Conical / Macap MC4 / Gene Cafe Roaster / Cormorant CR600 Roaster

It’s now available in the KafaTek store @iroko

https://www.kafatek.com/index.php/store/

• Thanks 1

Hello people

IMG_5834.jpg

• Like 4

Londinium R - KafaTek Monolith Conical - Versalab M3

Well Helloo 😁 😁 😁 

Congrats! Welcome aboard

• Like 1

Vesuvius, Monolith Conical, Feldgrind