It's a shame. Hats off to them for refunding their backers, they certainly didn't have to. Should they launch at some point it should stand them in good stead.

Right, off to look at some Acaia scales then! :whistle:

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I completely agree - and there must be someone on the Forum who has either produced something or could, given the remarkable ingenuity and savviness of Forum members. Alternatively, would an outfit like Ultimate Add-ons be interested in developing something?

I completely agree - and there must be someone on the Forum who has either produced something or could, given the remarkable ingenuity and savviness of Forum members. Alternatively, would an outfit like Ultimate Add-ons be interested in developing something?

A messy version using Arduino wouldn’t be too hard to achieve. Making it a product to sell would be a different matter.

A messy version using Arduino wouldn’t be too hard to achieve. Making it a product to sell would be a different matter.

Exactly what Kickstarter is for.

Glad and very surprised that there's a refund going on.

Wish they got it working though as the Acaia scales a horifically priced.May take another look at the Brewista v2 scales.

Research Brewista with care.

Maybe OK for brewed but far too slow to react for espresso.

Have been trying a v2 set whilst waiting for the Voom Scales to materialse. :time-out:

Personally don't like them very 'clunky'. Better off with the cheaper Ebay or Amazon offerings.

Very pleasantly surprised to hear we'll be getting a refund. How on earth have they funded that? That is to raise the same amount again without a product to back it up.

I guess there's more to their deal with another manufacturer.

Very pleasantly surprised to hear we'll be getting a refund. How on earth have they funded that? That is to raise the same amount again without a product to back it up.

I guess there's more to their deal with another manufacturer.

KS projects of any size usually raise more from venture capital than from the KS itself, they use the KS campaign to show that there is substantial public interest in the project in order to raise more funds.

There could be a lot of reasons for refunds - from someone genuinely wanting to do the right thing to wanting to maintain brand integrity for a future product, if they are going bankrupt they may just be writing off remaining assets. That said don't bet on the refund coming through until its in your bank - it can be something that is promised by failed KS projects but then doesnt happen.

KS projects of any size usually raise more from venture capital than from the KS itself, they use the KS campaign to show that there is substantial public interest in the project in order to raise more funds.

There could be a lot of reasons for refunds - from someone genuinely wanting to do the right thing to wanting to maintain brand integrity for a future product, if they are going bankrupt they may just be writing off remaining assets. That said don't bet on the refund coming through until its in your bank - it can be something that is promised by failed KS projects but then doesnt happen.

Fair point.

Well, we'll see what happens pretty soon I guess...

Full refund is back in my credit card pending account.

Delighted but quite surprised I got my money back.

So, looks like I’m on the lookout for another Acaia Lunar.

Real shame Voom project folded but pleasant surprise hearing we're getting out pledge money back. In anticipation, gone for a set of Acaia Pearl in black - pricey but perfect for brewed.

Londinium-R - EKS43 running SSP Silver Knight burrs

Good news what number backer was you?

That's great - I was beginning to wonder. I have hope...Did you get any notification from Voom Towers?

Can't be as I was one early birds who got the $80 price. Ron was in the $100 early bird price.

Okay that's odd, then, because they say that they are refunding by ordering number. I'm backer 452. They are also providing reassurance on the Kickstarter site, which no doubt (as a trained observer) you will have looked at.