IGNORED

Clumpy Eureka Mignon

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I feel like I’ve fallen down a really weird rabbit hole.

i didn't dare click on the url/link...history/cookies etc. ....last thing i needed was "similar items" randomly popping up (pun intended) This has become my favourite thread on this forum by far.

Crikey this thread went south fast since my last post To think I was worried about my digital footprint after buying several cheap mini scales on eBay - they probably think I'm a drug dealer or somet

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Dave double bean said:

Thanks, and that black rubber thing that seemingly holds it all together?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

It's just a black cylindrical tube with a notch that fits in to the neck of the grinder then locked in with the screw as you would with a standard hopper. The black rubber are just washers put over the outside of the tube and pushed down flush with the top of the grinder. There were different shapes in the pack I got which stacked nicely - o ring then flat ring then the one with the taper facing up to meet bellows. This gave a few extra centimetres for compression and gives a good seal.

https://www.homebase.co.uk/sink-waste-replacement-washers-40mm_p486156

Edited by Sean1ucc
  • Like 1

I went to the UK site yesterday and it said out of stock. I'm based in Oz.

When mine wears out I'll try again with a VPN and see if I have any luck.

@Sean1ucc would it be possible the share the print file of the piece you made please? It would be nice to replace the PVC pipe.

Also, could you recommend a simple to use 3D print software? I downloaded one in the past but it was very technical and didn't get very far or I just wasn't smart enough haha. Many thanks if you can.

2 hours ago, pavonnipuller said:

When mine wears out I'll try again with a VPN...

ha ha you have learned well my young Padawan.

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

3 hours ago, pavonnipuller said:

...Also, could you recommend a simple to use 3D print software?

Simplify3D ....it's a "slicer"....not cheap ($149 (£110)) as there are free slicers about; and it's my 1st "slicer" that i have purchased since just deciding to get into 3d printing....i'm border-line on taking the plunge on AutoCAD (mine is ancient), but that is serious bucks; Father Christmas "may" be kind to me...we will wait and see if i've been a good boy.

Edited by Rumpelstiltskin
$ in wrong place

“Rincewind wasn't used to people being pleased to see him. It was unnatural, and boded no good. These people were not only cheering, they were throwing flowers and hats. The hats were made out of stone, but the thought was there.”

@Dave double bean - I might have a couple of short lengths of clear acrylic pipe in the shed from when I was trying to single dose a Silenzio. Would be the right size if I recall just needs a notch cutting to fit.
Happy to post one out to you for free if you could use it?
That's awesome if you could! Do you still have address?

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/12/2020 at 11:08, Stox said:

I went for a similar mod for my rather antique Ceado E37, but using a car steering rack boot. There is a huge range of shapes and sizes available; search for steering rack boot on ebay to see what I mean. The only problem is that the measurements on the item descriptions are all internal diameters so finding something that is a snug fit to in a typical 58mm hopper 'socket' can be challenging.

Hi there; can you stick a pic on here of your sr mod!

Have clumping trouble with a series A Ceado 37s .

Try to single dose but clumping /blockages around the chute??

4 hours ago, Gilly said:

Hi there; can you stick a pic on here of your sr mod!

Have clumping trouble with a series A Ceado 37s .

Try to single dose but clumping /blockages around the chute??

Here are three pictures for you.

Note this mod is about reducing retention rather than clumping. I think a lot depends on the beans; I sometimes stir the beans with the handle of a teaspoon dipped in water if it looks like clumping is an issue.

Other modifications include:

Removing all electronics: it's a simple run or no-run via the portafilter button. There is no timer or shot counter and the circuit board has been removed altogether.

I have enclosed the chute with a length of aluminium U section (last photo) but left the trap-door there.

There is a fair build-up within the grind chamber and chute exit over time, but it generally just sticks there waiting for when I dismantle it for cleaning. I usually get out what I weigh in within <0.1g.

IMAG0036_c.thumb.jpg.fec2eac4cf2f90a123d30a603d3b764d.jpg

IMAG0038_c.thumb.jpg.c41d344061c16a7d5b56caf4855e8406.jpg

IMAG0037_c.thumb.jpg.736ffa99a54193c5b84e44a89e93c8d1.jpg

1 hour ago, Stox said:

Here are three pictures for you.

Note this mod is about reducing retention rather than clumping. I think a lot depends on the beans; I sometimes stir the beans with the handle of a teaspoon dipped in water if it looks like clumping is an issue.

Other modifications include:

Removing all electronics: it's a simple run or no-run via the portafilter button. There is no timer or shot counter and the circuit board has been removed altogether.

I have enclosed the chute with a length of aluminium U section (last photo) but left the trap-door there.

There is a fair build-up within the grind chamber and chute exit over time, but it generally just sticks there waiting for when I dismantle it for cleaning. I usually get out what I weigh in within <0.1g.

IMAG0036_c.thumb.jpg.fec2eac4cf2f90a123d30a603d3b764d.jpg

IMAG0038_c.thumb.jpg.c41d344061c16a7d5b56caf4855e8406.jpg

IMAG0037_c.thumb.jpg.736ffa99a54193c5b84e44a89e93c8d1.jpg

Thanks for the info; looks oddly cool 😎!!!

E09D5019-AB6A-4ED7-A98F-74E8D820AD8B.jpeg